Sad Picture Of Sardar

S1ngh

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty dumb..

Caption: Man smoking near the Patiala bus station.

Although the man looks very Sikh, he could also be a muslim or hindu with a turban. Don't forget in Punjab the sardar look is a common look, especially in the rural parts. Even so, I agree the image is very unnerving and I am in no doubt that if he really was a Sikh sitting a Patiala station he would have received some kind of clash with people who would have been offended.

I believe that you can find many such ppl who do not follow sikhi but claims to be sikh in and around Patiala area. I do not want to categorize who such type of ppl are but i know general public will know what i am taking about...

I know someone who is a singh, wears a dastaar etc but smokes...they are not a bad person and they have tried to give up smoking but its so addictive and they started when they were young......

So i guess we should be asking how and why did someone take this picture and whether this person is addicted and finds it difficult to give up.....just a thought.....

Also smoking is clearly wrong but the sad thing is that addiction and habits are hard to break. Thats why we should form good habits when we are young and we should strengthen our minds via meditation to break habits.

I doubt he is Sikh. That turban is not worn by Sikhs alone. Panjabi Muslims also wear it. Also he wears two silver aqiq stones which is a very mustahab (recommended) act in the traditions of Shi'ism and Sufism. Most "Sikhs" I know who smoke have cut their hair and completely abandoned the religion so th caption seems bizarre to say the least.

• 2 years later...

Whats the Problem if he smoking, if smoking has to be banned then alcohal also has to be banned, I Guess alcohal is more dangerous then smoking or may be both are equivelent.

If someone wants to die on his own then who are we to stop him, but its true that when a non-smoker sardar sees a smoker sardar, he becomes angry or sad, but again i guess, if you see a sardar smoking you get angry, then you should also get angry when a sardar drinks, because both tobacoo and alcohal is BIG NO NO to sikhism.

I guess i am right here???

Jab Eh ghe Biprin KiReet, Mai na Karoon In Ki Parteet--- Guru Gobind singh ji.

Even Satguru ji would not support such activities.

Whenever Evil overtakes Good, Vaheguru takes Sargun Saroop on Earth to Eradicate Evils from Society. Many Sants, Mahapurshs have seen the Future time(Sant Harnamsingh ji Rampur Kere wale, Sant Gurbachan Singhji, Sant Harnam singh ji Kilewale, Sant Randheer Singh ji,Sant Attar Singh ji, Sant Isher Singh ji ......) They all said Future time is very very very bad .Only who takes the sharan of Naam,Sggsji would be saved. RIght Now time is for doing Naam Bandgi, Future time is to Hold shasters and fight, Even world Governments would not support the common public. No electricity/oil would be left on earth. Human would go back Horses,Bulls as a transport.i.e back ti Village life.

This is also true that War would start from Middle East.

WORST TIMES AHEAD. ThIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING.

On only two occassions have I ever witnessed what i thought were middle aged 'Singhs' smoking cigarettes.

The first time was a shopkeeper in the bazaar at Nurmahal.

The second 'singh' smoking, operated a vegatable stall in Jandiala, opposite the bus adda.

The beard and the pagh left no doubt in my mind that they were Sikhs. I later discovered that both the shopkeeper in Nurmahal and the man that ran the vegetable stall in Jandiala were in fact Hindus, who wore the pagh for their own reasons...I'm guessing baldness.

From my experiences, I have no doubt that the man in the picture is also either a Hindu or a Muslim.