Sikh Girls < Sikh Guys

JSingh

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Could this be one of the reasons why some girls don't like Sikhi or don't want to be Sikhs cuz Sikh guys dont' pay attention to them?

Well some people also say some guys cut hair and show their back to Guru because they think girls dont pay attention to them.But Does that mean all guys are like that?? NO.

Same way there might be few girls who give up sikhi for this silly reason but obviously there are stronger girls our there with sikhi ingrained in them.

I think one of the reasons of not having enough sikh girls around is that in many families they stressed more to make sure the boy child kept His sikhi than they stressed for same thing for the girl child.The result: Even though we have lot of girls around with a sikh heart,and many of them are amrithari also,they are not as visible as guys because they dont wear dastaar.Now reason why less girls even in some sikh families wear dastaar is more of a cultural thing.And if girls really wanna have their identity and come on levels with sikh guys they should show courage to wear a dastaar.And obviously their decisions should not depend upon guys liking it or not as a sikh guys decisions about sikh identity should not be based on such a thing.

Ultrasounds = abortion  :@:@ @

not necessarily

let me continue you're sentance.

Not necessarily In the Western World, but its DEFINATLY the case (usually) In Hindia rolleyes.gif:) @

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

But how do ultrasounds cause abortion? I mean it isn't the direct cause is it?

lol,

as We know In India parents rather want to have Sons than daughters (absurd), Which is why 'Kurimar' occurs, where the parents litterally kill thier daughter - Sikhs are not aloud to have NAY RELATION SHIP or ANYTHING with such peopl..

But Ultrasound, whcih can se whther its a boy or girl, makes it even EASIER for parents to get rid of thier child rolleyes.gif

sad really :@

bhull chukk maaf

GurFAteh

Guest balwinderkaur
But how do ultrasounds cause abortion? I mean it isn't the direct cause is it?

lol,

as We know In India parents rather want to have Sons than daughters (absurd), Which is why 'Kurimar' occurs, where the parents litterally kill thier daughter - Sikhs are not aloud to have NAY RELATION SHIP or ANYTHING with such peopl..

But Ultrasound, whcih can se whther its a boy or girl, makes it even EASIER for parents to get rid of thier child rolleyes.gif

sad really :@

bhull chukk maaf

GurFAteh

yupp true... but that dont mean we start advocating a no ultrasound policy. tongue.gif

--endemo--> we should drum it into these dinkydinks heads that whether girl or boy kids are all the same. boys arent exactly angels neither are girls...no difference btw em. :@

i thought of this a while ago....the reason why some ppl kill their newly born daughters is because they don't have enough money and worry a lot for daaj and other stupid stuff!

i feel some similar policy should be there for poor ppl...like the state in punjab should give some grant for every GIRL baby born to ppl who are poor, like the rich ones don't need that i quess B) ALONGSIDE awareness that people should know that killing children is unethical, against Gurmat, you can go to jail...etc.

:T: what you think guys...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Female infanticide is not the sole reason for there being less girls in sikhi..

Men are expected to wear pughs and be brought up into sikhi but very few people expect this of their daughters (indian culture, I guess)

The result is that a lot of girls are brought up traditioinally not religiously so when they think of what is to be a khalsa...they do not think that is something they can do. A lot of girls I know that used to go to sikh camps were like, I don't think I can wear a dastar or a kachera and stuff like that....I can't give up my earings and stop waxing my legs...It's not something they are used to or have been brought up with so they find it difficult to change their practices. And those girls that have waxed and stuff find it really scary because they think their eyebrows are going to grow to be BIG caterpillers because they cannot pluck them!

Plus some gorls do not get much encouragement from their parents because the parents think if their girls starts becoming amritdhari and wears a dastar she will never get married! (especially those parents that want to marry their kids into caste)

One of my friends wanted to wear a dastar. Her father told her, if you put that thing on your head, I am going to start drinking. This bhenji did it anyway, and true to his word her dad has started drinking alcohol. And he curses her everyday and tells her no one will marry her because she wears a dastar. (not that this stops her.. :@

Bhull chuk Maaf!

One of my friends wanted to wear a dastar. Her father told her, if you put that thing on your head, I am going to start drinking. This bhenji did it anyway, and true to his word her dad has started drinking alcohol. And he curses her everyday and tells her no one will marry her because she wears a dastar. (not that this stops her.. 

That is the saddest think that could ever happen.

Isn't her dad happy that her daughter is taking a step that not many girls choose to take?

Isn't he happy that her daughter is not running around and doing all kind of shitty stuff with guys before marriage?

Doen't he think that he is the proud father of a daughter not many fathers have?

All I can say is that this must be a stupid dad who starts drinking just because her daughter chose to be a Sikh. But this foo does not know that most Sikh guys prefer a Sikh girl with Dastar.

p.s. i mean sikh guys, not punjabis who wear pugg and have full beard.

bhul chul di khima...