Question From A Muslim Friend Of Mine

That doesn't make sense, is that not also a personal view?

Did you even read the other posts?

I wasn't even talking to you directly. Mskcan, you need to stop assuming things about what other people are referring to in their posts. You did this to me the other day and notice how I didn't reply back to what you asked? Thank you in advance.

Was I responding to your post or another? I can't tell because the quote boxes get all mixed up.

Whatever I did I am not sorry, because I thought I did in light of asking a humble question, I do not believe I was assuming I believe I was asking.

EdIT: Ohhh ic now, you thought I was replying to your post, but I was not. I was replying to the other one. Your text box came into that text box.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peacemaker
EdIT: Ohhh ic now, you thought I was replying to your post, but I was not. I was replying to the other one. Your text box came into that text box.

*Shakes your hand* (y)

Bhai Aamer,

You mentioned that there were prophets before Mohammed. I was wondering what about those people that didn't live in the Middle East and never met those prophets like Jesus or Moses or Abraham. What about all the poor people in India that never knew them? Or what about the aboriginals in North America?

And what about now. There are many people all over the world that will never know what Islam is about. What will happen to them? Will they go to hell because they did not accept Islam?

my answer is there were many messengers of god but then mayb u might ask, why were they not as successful as nanak...thats wherer im confused now :gg:

So Jesus wasn't as successful as Guru Nanak and neither was Moses? What are you basing success on?

lol naa bro thats not wat i meant this is why i said "thats where i am confused" I didnt say " i think they were not successful".

jesus was a great man, i got nothing against em at all.

"If A person was born before Guru Nanak?... (when sikhism was not there).. Was he unsuccessful?. If not wat/whom did he have to follow?"

Im not sure if i fully understand your question but lets see if i can help.

All True Saints come to this world with the same message. They are all sent from the same source. In our dharam we believe that there is not only one route to Sri Akaal Purakh Ji but many..... it is for this reason that unlike other religions, Sikhi does not replace any previous religions or deem them to be untrue and just as equally Sikhi does not claim to be the only direct way to God.

The qualities of Sikhi are truly universal. No other religion has made giving food, shelter and protection such fundamental qualities which are so central to the faith. In a Sikh place of worship there is strictly no differentiation between people of other genders, faiths, or even sexuality. This is because the philosophy of the Sikhs is based on truly humanitarian values. For example, Sikhi is not infavor of meat, particularly that of kosher and halal, yet we sit and eat with our muslim brothers (who may be butchers) in the Langar. Even a transsexual (which is believed to be a huge sin)/ homosexual would not be shunned from a Gurdwara…. Yet in other faith communities such people are stoned to death. The humanitarian value of tolerance for others is also clearly illustrated with the shaheedi (martyrdom) of our 9th Guru Sahib, Satguru Tegh Bahadar Maharaj (who died defending Hindu beliefs, which Sikhs do not believe in).

The root of all evils does not lie in any faiths but in vices… greed, ego, lust etc… any person from any background is subjected to these vices which can be overcome with virtues: tolerance, patience, honesty, selfless service etc.

So back to the topic at hand, no Saints before Satguru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj would have been unsuccessful (regardless of their faith)…. As they would have been inspired by the Primal Master of our destiny, and such a person who is drenched in the love of Akaal Purak would be inspiring others to be just as Devout. As for people born before Satguru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj, they could have attained Mukhti as we do not believe Sach Khand (heaven) is reserved for Sikhs only.

I hope what I have written is legible and that it has stimulated some thought.

.......... on reflection i think ive gone offtopic :-s .... i guess a more simple answer could simply be "The Path Of Rightiousness"...

yea... i agree that with some parts... But please do not simply write about other religion without proper knowledge...

who can u say no other religion made Giving Charity , food , protection a fundamental duty

One of the pillars of Islam is 'Zakat' which means giving charity.. There are numerious verses in quran which tell us not to opress.. orphans.. to love them.. to feed the hungry.. not to boast... not to be proud.. not to bt arrogant.. not to be greedy...... ' The prophet too lived a damn simple life.. which extreme poverty. he donated everything he had... he would never leave any beggar empty handed........ Even jesus was lke dat....

And we too respect all faiths.. we eat meat which is sacrificed in the name of God('Allah' is the arabic word for God.. even arab chrisitans all their God - 'Allah'..) because we believe that God has given us that meat .. and it should be sacrificed in his name Only...

We hav no discrimination in our religion on basis of caste.. or color. or race.. or gender... Every one is equal...

When we pray . we all stand in one line..join shoulder to shoulder and bow and prostrate to The All Mighty God.. together.. Theres no rich or poor in a masjid....

I advice you to read the life of Prophet Muhammad.. How he delt with ppl.. what was his reall message.. His behaviour.. Because Most of theppl just hear through News and Tv... and judge watever without any knowledge...

thanks for your comment sher e moreau ji..

amer veerji, im aware of the 5 pillars of islam bruv, i didnt mean to come across as insensitive :-) im sure Mohammad Sahib was a peacefull person.... veerji, i was talkin about Sikhi in general. If you go to Darbar Sahib (the golden temple) at Sri Amritsar you will see that a minimum of 35% of visitors are from other faiths... and inside the entire complex, no person… whether Sikh or not is treated any different. Keep in mind that Sri Amritsar is the very heart of the Sikh faith!... All are given food, protection and shelter weather they are praying shoulder to shoulder with us or not. Whereas you have other religious institutions which are exclusive only to members of the specific faiths in question, even worse then this, there are entire countries which do not allow others citizens to build religious institutions other then that of the religion which is encouraged by the state government and in practice by the majority. So the comment I made previously about selfless giving of shelter, food and protection is of particular importance as it is clearly evident and in practice in the Sikh homeland of Sri Amritsar Sahib.… In addition to this I think it is an excellent thing that Muslims are required to give zakat and I would never knock it. I gained the (little) knowledge I have about Islam in school where 90% of the students where Muslims in addition to this I occasionally switch over to the Islam channel on Sky….

Bro, I look at every faith critically, even my own – this a tool given to us by Sri Guru Nanak Dev JI Maharaj…. Please be assured that none of my posts are written to cause offence… I am generally an objective person. I look at any faith critically including my own.[/b]

wjkk wjkf

there was akaal purak before shri guru nanak dev ji.... people still had those special eyes to see the akaal purak. you can give him examples from muslim bhagats like bhagat kabir ji, bhagat freed ji.... those bhagats never forced any one to become muslim, all they asked prople to become a good human being by following the hukam of shri akaal purak (the one who created everything and every one).

wjkk wjkf

Guru Nanak Dev Ji was always there before he took human form. The Jot was always there and now that Jot is in Shiri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. This is very common question to be asked and very controverdial and i know people will start argueing now that no Guru Nanak Dev JI was not always there. The answer is taht without the True Guru, there is no way to be liberated or attain salvation. We all know that Sakhi of Shiri Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Ji Maharaj Ji where the Sikh did Ardas and he was saved and later he promised he would give Guru Ji money but there were so many sodhis pretending to be the guru you know the Sakhi im talking about i dont want to go in detail. The thing is when Shiri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj Ji came into human form, He gave darshan to the whole world, but before He would only give Darshan to selected souls who were his Sikhs and give Them Naam Di Daat. How can one attain salvation and have Darshan of WaheGuru without the True Guru and Sikhi? Then what was the point of our Gurus to plant the seed of Sikhi if other religions can help you meet God? All the Bhagats were Sikhs, not Hindus and Muslims.

if the bhagats were sikhs, then why is Bhagat Naamdev saying this:

Page 973, Line 16

ਜਸਰਥ ਰਾਇ ਨੰਦੁ ਰਾਜਾ ਮੇਰਾ ਰਾਮ ਚੰਦੁ ਪ੍ਰਣਵੈ ਨਾਮਾ ਤਤੁ ਰਸੁ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਪੀਜੈ ॥੪॥੪॥

जसरथ राइ नंदु राजा मेरा राम चंदु प्रणवै नामा ततु रसु अम्रितु पीजै ॥४॥४॥

Jasrath rā­ė nanḏ rājā mėrā rām cẖanḏ paraṇvai nāmā ṯaṯ ras amriṯ pījai. ||4||4||

My Sovereign Lord King is Raam Chandra, the Son of the King Dasrat'h; prays Naam Dayv, I drink in the Ambrosial Nectar. ||4||4||

Devotee Namdev -

Thats wrong .. They never gave themselves a higher status..

Its the people who gave them higer status..... Jesus never said he was GOD or his Son.. ppl make it up

"The Father and i are one " John 10:30

or

"The Father is greater than I" John 14:28

In the first Ecumenical council of Nicaea (Iznik in Turkey) in the year 325 A.D.

In this council there was a disagreementabout the nature of jesus.

Four centuries after the death of the Christ religious leaders quarreled about the meaning of Christianity. A Bishop Arius believed that the Christ had two separate natures, one divine and the other human. The Christ, as Son, was subordinate to the Father, a relationship which he believed mirrored the structure of society. Arius converted many people, including many Germanic peoples, his theological position began to reveal divisions with more traditional views of the religion. The Emperor Constantine summoned the first general council (or "ecumenical") of the Christian Church, the Council of Nicaea in 325 A.D., to promote religious peace within the empire. One result was the Nicaean Creed, written by Athanasius of Alexandria, which served to define the most basic beliefs of Latin Christianity. The Pope, Silvester, did not attend the Council. Constantine invited all the bishops of the Empire to attend. Very few Western bishops came. Constantine confirmed the legislation of the Council.

THE NICENE CREED

The Synod at Nicaea set forth this Creed.

We believe in One God, the Father Almighty, Maker of Heaven and Earth, Of all things visible and invisible.

We believe in One Lord, Jesus Christ the only son of god. God from god, light from light, true god from true god. Begotten not made, of one being with the father, Through him all things were made.

For us men and for our salvation he came down from heaven, By the power of the Holy Spirit he was made man. For our sake he was crucified died and was buried. He rose again in fulfillment of the scriptures And is seated at the right hand of the father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead And of his kingdom there will be no end.

We believe in the Holy Spirit, the lord and giver of life Who proceeds from the father [and son], Through the father and son is glorified, He has spoken through the prophets.

We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic church We believe in communion of saints, the resurrection of the dead And the life of the world to come.

Another Recent Translation of the Original Greek Text (are the differences important?)

We believe in one God,

the Father, the Almighty,

maker of heaven and earth,

of all that is, seen and unseen.

We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,

the only Son of God,

eternally begotten of the Father,

God from God, light from light,

true God from true God,

begotten, not made,

of one Being with the Father;

through him all things were made.

For us and for our salvation

he came down from heaven,

was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary

and became truly human.

For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate;

he suffered death and was buried.

On the third day he rose again

in accordance with the Scriptures;

he ascended into heaven

and is seated at the right hand of the Father.

He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,

and his kingdom will have no end.

We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,

who proceeds from the Father [and the Son],

who with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified,

who has spoken through the prophets.

We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.

We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.

We look for the resurrection of the dead,

and the life of the world to come. Amen.

The teachings Arius WERE HERETICAL. so to say SOME Christians do not believe Jesus is the "son of GOD" a not right.

i think Jesus was the son of GOD , we are all sons and daughters of GOD so we are all brothers and sisters it does not matter a brother or sister is a muslim, sikh ,christian, jew etc. :console: :vaheguru: