India To Take Up Indira's Assassin's Glorification

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indian governments theory is you either live the way we want you to or you dont live at all.

that just about sums the indian government up

Hello Everyone...

I joined this group out of curiosity and am hopeful that my communications with you will enlighten me and further enhance my respect for Sikhism. I am nevertheless, not sikh. I am a hindu Rajput. I have been curious about the whole affair of Khalistan and believe that there might be a solution. I hope all the people who are members of this community would be willing to indulge in logical and tolerant dialogue.

To begin with I agree with many of the points you put forward. at the same time I think that certain interpretations are wrong.

I would like to first say that all of you should realize how much pride Indians take in our Sikh brothers. you have fought for our independence from British Rule and nationally recognized heroes like Ranjit Singh and Bhagat Singh.

While it is quite possibly true that the Sikhs faced a lot of prejudice and had a tough time after Independence, we must realize that in post Independent India almost everybody faced problems.

It should also be noted that the govt. comprises of a few individuals who are unfortunately corrupt. That does not mean that the things that Individuals say while holding politically relevant positions actually represent the thoughts of the people.

You would be grossly mistaken to assume such a thing. I am from Delhi and have lived among Sikhs and have many sikh friends now that I am in the United States.

I recently visited a Gurudwara in Seattle and read a sticker that said " India: Free Khalistan. Allow right of self determination."

I was a little saddened by the message there as I beleived that we were all one. I might sound like a preacher trying to propagate peace while hiding the shameful events that happened in india. Assuming this would be untrue. I have always felt that there are many things in the past have been wrong. the incidents of 1984 were wrong. My father had a very good sikh friend who was murdered in Delhi. My father was in the United States back then and was horrified by the incident.

Public sentiment and feelings cannot be gauged by the doings of corrupt governments and greedy, selfish politicians.

I think the fact that India is offended by the fact that there is a group of people in Canada that are glorifying Indira Gandhi's assasins is not right. But that doesnt mean that there is no freedom of speech in India. As far as Indira gandhi was concerned, you must speak to non-sikhs and find out that Indira Gandhi deserved her fate because of her doings.

I dont know what you will say to my retort. But I beleive that this is a good place to start a dialogue.

I await your comments.

Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!

Rajat

Rajat Singh I understand your points and i agree with some of them. I wish that if every Indian thought your way then we would never raise the issue of khalistan but the problem is that smart and understanding ppl like you are very rare to find in India (especially in politics).

Sikhs fought in world wars against the Hitler regime, they fought against British rule and they fought every single major battle in Asia region. They are the most honest ppl you can ever find in Asia. There were some people in past who misused their post/power and took great advantage of us because most of our people are naive, simple and honest.

We could have taken our own homeland offered by British but we rejected it because we thought we were told that sikhs and hindus will live in peace in India.

I won't go into details but i will give you some simple facts and i know that you would understand our point of view before jumping on conclusions :)

1) Original Punjab was HUGE (Jammu/HP/Haryana/Chandigarh). They created partition of punjab and took away all of our lands because they want HP/Haryana/Chandigarh to be Hindi language states. First point is that Punjab was reduced to barely nothing. First we lost 60 to 70 percent of Punjab to Pakistan and then we lost almost 80% to other Indian States.

2) We don't have our own capital city because Central government does not want to give power to Punjabis (this was before Sikhs started their movement). Every other state of India had their own capital cities. Imagine California and Nevada state sharing same capital city (which we all know it would never happen in thousand years and we know the reasons for that).

3) Every Indian state had their own control on their natural resources but not Punjab (water - Bhakra Dam). We have to supply free water, electricity to other states because it is under the control of central government.

4) You probably heard Golden Temple (sikhs' holiest gurdwara in Amritsar). They don't allow us to call Amritsar as Sikh Holy City, even though this town was founded by Guru Ram Das ji (our sikh guru).

Not once, but many times, we sikhs wanted the center to sit and talk with us about our issues but always as a fact our simple needs were ignored and still they are ignoring us.

Sant Jarnail Singh Bhinderanwalay never wanted seperate country/state/land.. All he wanted was the equal rights for sikhs. We see him, admire him just like many African american do to Martin luther king.

To co-exit, both sides need to come to the table with respect and take care of the problem but that only happens in civilized world where law and honesty are upheld every other second.

If you have some time, i would strongly recommend you to read this article which was written by Punjabi Hindu "AR Darshi":

Resurgence of Sikh Religion: http://www.sikhpride.com/articles/Resurgen...%20religion.pdf

Mr. Rajat, you should seriously consider studying the history first. I don’t think many Indian prouder even know what India really is but in any case, here is my response.

I would like to first say that all of you should realize how much pride Indians take in our Sikh brothers. you have fought for our independence from British Rule and nationally recognized heroes like Ranjit Singh and Bhagat Singh.

We fought for freedom and yes you (hindus or Indians) did benefit from our sacrifices. We started opposing the British in 1839 and fought two major wars with them but no Hindu came forward. Bhai Maharaj Singh, Baba Raam Singh, Sikh regiments, Singh Sabha, Gadar Party, Gurdwara Reform Movement are all examples of our continuation of fight but it is surprising that ancestors of Indians who go as far as calling Sikhs “brothers” are nowhere to be found fighting alongside Sikhs. When Sikhs introduced a bill to reform Gurdwara managements, pass Anand Marriage Act and open a Sikh university, the same Indians were strongly opposing Sikhs. We fought and fought and you got freedom but what did we get? Names like “Menace to society” and “long-haired hindus”. We fought for your freedom but not once did hindus fight for us. So where is the so-called “brotherhood”? Only imaginary I presume. You should realize that most likely Akbar and Aurangzeb were also much proud of hindus which is why hindus enjoyed high ranking jobs in the government but why aren’t history books glorifying mughal empire taught in Indian education system? I believe love of Hindus for Sikhs today is not any different than Auragzeb’s love for Hindus back in 1675.

While it is quite possibly true that the Sikhs faced a lot of prejudice and had a tough time after Independence, we must realize that in post Independent India almost everybody faced problems.

Not “quite possible”. It happened and hindus enjoyed the glow of freedom at the cost of Sikhs’ blood. What Sikhs suffer today is not similar to everyday problems of making money and earning food.

It should also be noted that the govt. comprises of a few individuals who are unfortunately corrupt. That does not mean that the things that Individuals say while holding politically relevant positions actually represent the thoughts of the people.

Government comprises of few individuals but elected by majority of the Indians. Hindus (majority of them) fully approved the attack and took active part in serving the military and then dishonoring our women in the Indian capital so spare me the sweet talk. Can any hindu praise Mughal invaders and show his pride in the mughal empire? No. Because he knows their women were enslaved and then sold in the flesh market of Arab countries. Their decedents still live in parts of Balochistan. Similarly, Sikhs cannot be proud of India. The wounds will not heal and fire will continue to burn until India burns in it.

You would be grossly mistaken to assume such a thing. I am from Delhi and have lived among Sikhs and have many sikh friends now that I am in the United States.

This is neither here nor there. A Muslim probably had hindu friends during Mughal empire but does it mean hindus had freedom? I don’t think so.

I recently visited a Gurudwara in Seattle and read a sticker that said " India: Free Khalistan. Allow right of self determination." I was a little saddened by the message there as I beleived that we were all one.

Similar message of Gandhi “British: Leave India” in 1942 would probably have saddened the Britishers too. Sikhs have suffered too much at the hands of Hindus and if you think we are all one then perhaps you can convince your people and government to hand over the control of India to the Sikhs. Shouldn’t the government have reserved certain percentage of seats in the parliament for Sikhs and grant them political voice and hindu community have supported Sikhs during Punjabi Sooba, 1978 and 1984 if they considered us their brothers? I think so but such never happened. It is all empty talk.

I think the fact that India is offended by the fact that there is a group of people in Canada that are glorifying Indira Gandhi's assasins is not right. But that doesnt mean that there is no freedom of speech in India.

If you could give me clear cut proof, it would be great. Neither is the freedom granted in the Constitution nor is it practiced anywhere. Anything other than pro-hindu word is considered a threat to unity of India which is a day dream talk because let’s face it many states don’t want to be part of it. If India knew what freedom of speech was it wouldn't get offended. After all, two "long-haired hindus" killed a hindu so why is India offended? And what is wrong with glorifying Sikhs whom Hindus consider their brothers and are proud of?

While you may feel the pain of sufferings Sikhs had to endure but doesn’t give you the right to tell Sikhs to stay in India and suffer even more. If you consider yourself our brother then you should support us and ensure that your brothers do enjoy freedom and protection in their separate homeland. Sikhs living in Khalistan would still be your brothers, no? Or only Indian supporters “Sikhs” are your brothers?

Had a strange conversation with someone yesterday: It is interesting in context of this subject.

The guy is Hindu (Hindu-Punjabi I think) and has a good job. He is in his 50s. He told me that he was very angry with the current state of Sikhs and Hindus in India. He openly blamed Indira Gandhi for this and said it was because of her politics that the current situation has happened. he said he was glad she had been shot etc. He also said that Jagdish Tytler was another villain who has escaped justice. I was sort of glad about this but then he said he believed that Sikhs were the "swordarm" of Hinduism.

You know I believe we are at a crossroads. With a small but increasing arising of awareness of the events of 1984 I think people are getting nervous with Sikh success in keeping this issue alive and not allowing it to be swept under the mat. At the same time our enemies are doing everything to portray the Sikh freedom movement as a fundamentalist and racist violent one. Please everyone be careful of what you say and do because people WILL jump on it in the media. We have very influential and powerful enemies, lets not play into their hands. I think it would be a good time for everyone to reflect on what kind of society we want to push. Our own people are slowly realising that in order for us to have any success we have to think globally and inclusively. We don't want Hindus in Panjab to feel threatened by us. We need to win them over with Panjabiayat or else we will have a large section of people who will fight against Punjabi autonomy. Our ancestors manages to win over not only the Hindus of Punjab but the Muslims also. We should learn from this. This is true sardari.

In the meanwhile DO look at the support Tibet has against China and ask what we can do on a collective front as well as individually to achieve something similar. Whatever plans we come out with, they should not involve any degrading sycophancy (look the word up an online dictionary!!) We should strive to turn the movement respectable in a global perspective.

Just my two cents worth.

There are two types of pride, one is pride which is not driven by ego, other one is false pride which is driven by ego. I smell false pride more than actual pride in your post all long. Hell mate, if khalistan was given to you, you probably create your own rehitnamas similiar to prem sumarag granth and make certain criteria/sharia law for non sikhs to live in your khalistan like eg- grow hair, be hardcore veggie, wear kirpan instead of janeu etc etc.

I do agree sikhs have done many kurbaniya's for India which have gone un-noticied, they may also have done kurbaniya than any group out there. But that shouldn't cloud one's judgement on hindu freedom fighters.

Our guru's and true guru daie sikhs uchi mat and suchni were lot higher than attitude shown by bijla singh, , i m not just saying this, but in the past via many sakhiya's, guru's have acknowledged the sant hood/sipahi hood/ yodha hood in person who are worthy of that title regardless of their dharam, but here our freind bijla singh made his whole post- sikh vs hindu. Your post is classic example- how religious wars occurs, how mobs who idiolize mullahs, pandits, gyanis in their respective temple go on rampage and start killing innocent people- 1984 riots, soo called khalsa's killing innocent hindus by stopping the buses not just hindus but mona's who refuse to grow hair and needed time and space from sharia parchar (don't give me the &@ how they were government banda's/tired of apne banda blaming goi infltrations for everything and not acknowledging facts.)

Anyway my personal feelings aside..Here are just glimpse of just some names of many hindu freedom fighters who have fought with oppressors.

Here are very well known hindu freedom fighters:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shivaji

Shivaji - Shivaji Bhosle, also known as Chhatrapati Shivaji Raje Bhosle

Character

During his long military career and his many campaigns his strong religious and warrior code of ethics, exemplary character and deep seated and uncompromising spiritual values directed him to offer protection to houses of worship, non-combatants, women and children. He always showed respect, defended and protected places of worship of all denominations and religions.

Shivaji was once offered as a war booty an extremely beautiful young lady, by an uninformed Maratha captain. She was the daughter-in-law of a defeated muslim Amir (local ruler) of Kalyan, Maharashtra. Shivaji was reported to have told the lady that her beauty was mesmerizing and that if his mother was as beautiful as her, he would have been beautiful as well. He told her to go back to her family in peace, unmolested and under his protection. His behaviour, was noted by those around him, to be always of the highest moral caliber. He clearly and unambiguously embodied the virtues and ideals of a true nobleman.

Throughout his long career he boldly risked his life, his treasure and his well being to openly challenge his immensely larger enemies to defend and uphold freedom and independence. Chhattrapati Shivaji Maharaj's greatness was based not as much on his successes on or off the battlefields, or on the strength of his arms, or his clever strategies or his noble birth but was truly based on his selfless and courageously fierce actions he undertook on behalf of his Vatan (sacred homeland/nation).

He did not spend any resources on projects designed for self-aggrandizement or vanity, instead he was propeled by his sense of Dharma (sacred duty) to his people and country which lead him to directly challenge the dangerous, powerful and oppressive rule of the Nizams and the Mughals. He singularly and unceasingly focused all the Kingdom's attention, energy and sacrifices toward the unwavering goal of freedom and independence.

As a result of Chhattrapati Shivaji's selfless and dedicated service to his peoples and nation, his impeccable conduct, his unparalleled courage and daring, and his successes, he struck a deep chord with his followers and the citizenary. The high level of admiration and respect he earned from his followers and subjects sets him apart from most other Indian kings or chieftans in the recorded Indian history. Even today he is venerated in India and especially in the state of Maharashtra with awe and admiration and is viewed as a hero of epic proportions.

KHUDIRAM BOSE:

Introdcution

It was this hero who threw the first bomb on the British who were crushing India. Even while at school, he was attracted towards the sacred words VandeMataram!’ (I bow to Mother India!) and plunged into the war of independence. The boy of sixteen defied the police. At the age of nineteen, he became a martyr, with the holy book the Bhagavadgita (the Divine Song) in his hand and with the slogan Vande Mataram' on his lips.

Author - K.Shivashankar

Khudiram Bose

It was February 1906. A grand exhibition had been arranged at Medinipur in Bengal. The intention was to hide the injustice of the British then ruling India. On exhibition were articles like pictures and puppets which could create the impression that the British rulers, though foreigners, were doing much to help the people of India. There were big crowds to see the exhibition.

Tatia Tope

A hero of the fight for freedom in 1857. His very name made the mighty English generals tremble. Deceived by his friend, he faced death like a hero, for the sake of his country.

ntroduction

A brave revolutionary who gave up his life smilingly for the sake of the Motherland. He was persecuted by an enraged foreign government, hunted by the police and betrayed by follow workers. And yet he lit the fire of revolution to burn down the slavery. He was the brave leader of the Kakori Rail Dacoity episode. His poetry is also a lamp lighted at the altar of the Mother land.

Author - N.P.Shankara Narayan Rao

Ramaprasad Bismil

It was the 18th of December 1927. A middle-aged lady was waiting at the main gates of the Gorakhpur Central Jail. Her face was radiant but anxiety was writ large on it. She was eagerly waiting to be called into the prison.

By that time her husband also arrived there. He was surprised that his wife was there before him. He also sat down to wait for the call.

Another young man came there. He was not related to them. He knew that the couple would be permitted to enter the prison.But how could he manage to enter? This was his problem.

The officials of the prison called in the husband and the wife. The young man followed them. The guard stopped him and rudely asked, "Who are you?"

"Permit him also, brother. He is my sister's son", the lady said in an entreating voice.

The guard relented.

All the three entered the prison to visit a freedom fighter that was to face his death on the morrow.

SARDAR PATEL

Introduction

India's Man of Steel. He used to earn thousands of rupees every month as a lawyer. But he gave up his practice inorder to fight for the freedom of the country. As a leader of the farmers he forced the mighty British Government to accept defeat. He was sent to prison. As the Deputy Prime Minister of free India, he brought about the merger of hundreds of princely states with the Indian Union, and became the architect of the integrity of India. Honest in word and deed, he was a hero among heroes, a lion among men.

Bijla singh,

do you have audacity to tell us that in realm of martyrdom there will be distinction between sikh/hindu/christian/buddhist/jain matyrs? martyr is martyr. Martyr defined by high morale character. So don't go out there and tell people and read your history and tell people Sikhs are the only one to attain martyrdom for India and against oppressors. Sikhs have bigger matyrdom contributions on freedom fight in India but true sikh will not ignore other groups contributions either and would never show false pride.

Yes i m proud of my sikh heritage, sikh yodha's like baba maharaj singh, baba bir singh narungabad, shaheeds singhs of 1984 and contributions of sikhs to freedom fight in india and india economy but i m not going to an extend and reject all the contributions, matyrdom made by other religious groups for india.

i don't post much here in sikh politics just watch tamasha by reading hate filled messages against other groups by so called youths of today, but some times people like you need reality checks from time to time. I have no respect for your mindset after reading your post, it just reinforces the very fact that why sikhs should support khalsa raj(prophecy) made by sri guru gobind singh ji than peace of land (khalistan) concept created by pseudo leader- jagjit singh ( who living his lavish life somewhere in england) and concept hijacked by you people. Anyway, you can keep continuing with your hindu propaganda, making sikhs against hindus.

There are two types of pride, one is pride which is not driven by ego, other one is false pride which is driven by ego. I smell false pride more than actual pride in your post all long. Hell mate, if khalistan was given to you, you probably create your own rehitnamas similiar to prem sumarag granth and make certain criteria/sharia law for non sikhs to live in your khalistan like eg- grow hair, be hardcore veggie, wear kirpan instead of janeu etc etc.

I do agree sikhs have done many kurbaniya's for India which have gone un-noticied, they may also have done kurbaniya than any group out there. But that shouldn't cloud one's judgement on hindu freedom fighters.

Our guru's and true guru daie sikhs uchi mat and suchni were lot higher than attitude shown by bijla singh, , i m not just saying this, but in the past via many sakhiya's, guru's have acknowledged the sant hood/sipahi hood/ yodha hood in person who are worthy of that title regardless of their dharam, but here our freind bijla singh made his whole post- sikh vs hindu. Your post is classic example- how religious wars occurs, how mobs who idiolize mullahs, pandits, gyanis in their respective temple go on rampage and start killing innocent people- 1984 riots, soo called khalsa's killing innocent hindus by stopping the buses not just hindus but mona's who refuse to grow hair and needed time and space from sharia parchar (don't give me the &@ how they were government banda's/tired of apne banda blaming goi infltrations for everything and not acknowledging facts.)

Anyway my personal feelings aside..Here are just glimpse of just some names of many hindu freedom fighters who have fought with oppressors.

Here are very well known hindu freedom fighters:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shivaji

Shivaji - Shivaji Bhosle, also known as Chhatrapati Shivaji Raje Bhosle

Character

During his long military career and his many campaigns his strong religious and warrior code of ethics, exemplary character and deep seated and uncompromising spiritual values directed him to offer protection to houses of worship, non-combatants, women and children. He always showed respect, defended and protected places of worship of all denominations and religions.

Shivaji was once offered as a war booty an extremely beautiful young lady, by an uninformed Maratha captain. She was the daughter-in-law of a defeated muslim Amir (local ruler) of Kalyan, Maharashtra. Shivaji was reported to have told the lady that her beauty was mesmerizing and that if his mother was as beautiful as her, he would have been beautiful as well. He told her to go back to her family in peace, unmolested and under his protection. His behaviour, was noted by those around him, to be always of the highest moral caliber. He clearly and unambiguously embodied the virtues and ideals of a true nobleman.

Throughout his long career he boldly risked his life, his treasure and his well being to openly challenge his immensely larger enemies to defend and uphold freedom and independence. Chhattrapati Shivaji Maharaj's greatness was based not as much on his successes on or off the battlefields, or on the strength of his arms, or his clever strategies or his noble birth but was truly based on his selfless and courageously fierce actions he undertook on behalf of his Vatan (sacred homeland/nation).

He did not spend any resources on projects designed for self-aggrandizement or vanity, instead he was propeled by his sense of Dharma (sacred duty) to his people and country which lead him to directly challenge the dangerous, powerful and oppressive rule of the Nizams and the Mughals. He singularly and unceasingly focused all the Kingdom's attention, energy and sacrifices toward the unwavering goal of freedom and independence.

As a result of Chhattrapati Shivaji's selfless and dedicated service to his peoples and nation, his impeccable conduct, his unparalleled courage and daring, and his successes, he struck a deep chord with his followers and the citizenary. The high level of admiration and respect he earned from his followers and subjects sets him apart from most other Indian kings or chieftans in the recorded Indian history. Even today he is venerated in India and especially in the state of Maharashtra with awe and admiration and is viewed as a hero of epic proportions.

KHUDIRAM BOSE:

Introdcution

It was this hero who threw the first bomb on the British who were crushing India. Even while at school, he was attracted towards the sacred words VandeMataram!’ (I bow to Mother India!) and plunged into the war of independence. The boy of sixteen defied the police. At the age of nineteen, he became a martyr, with the holy book the Bhagavadgita (the Divine Song) in his hand and with the slogan Vande Mataram' on his lips.

Author - K.Shivashankar

Khudiram Bose

It was February 1906. A grand exhibition had been arranged at Medinipur in Bengal. The intention was to hide the injustice of the British then ruling India. On exhibition were articles like pictures and puppets which could create the impression that the British rulers, though foreigners, were doing much to help the people of India. There were big crowds to see the exhibition.

Tatia Tope

A hero of the fight for freedom in 1857. His very name made the mighty English generals tremble. Deceived by his friend, he faced death like a hero, for the sake of his country.

ntroduction

A brave revolutionary who gave up his life smilingly for the sake of the Motherland. He was persecuted by an enraged foreign government, hunted by the police and betrayed by follow workers. And yet he lit the fire of revolution to burn down the slavery. He was the brave leader of the Kakori Rail Dacoity episode. His poetry is also a lamp lighted at the altar of the Mother land.

Author - N.P.Shankara Narayan Rao

Ramaprasad Bismil

It was the 18th of December 1927. A middle-aged lady was waiting at the main gates of the Gorakhpur Central Jail. Her face was radiant but anxiety was writ large on it. She was eagerly waiting to be called into the prison.

By that time her husband also arrived there. He was surprised that his wife was there before him. He also sat down to wait for the call.

Another young man came there. He was not related to them. He knew that the couple would be permitted to enter the prison.But how could he manage to enter? This was his problem.

The officials of the prison called in the husband and the wife. The young man followed them. The guard stopped him and rudely asked, "Who are you?"

"Permit him also, brother. He is my sister's son", the lady said in an entreating voice.

The guard relented.

All the three entered the prison to visit a freedom fighter that was to face his death on the morrow.

SARDAR PATEL

Introduction

India's Man of Steel. He used to earn thousands of rupees every month as a lawyer. But he gave up his practice inorder to fight for the freedom of the country. As a leader of the farmers he forced the mighty British Government to accept defeat. He was sent to prison. As the Deputy Prime Minister of free India, he brought about the merger of hundreds of princely states with the Indian Union, and became the architect of the integrity of India. Honest in word and deed, he was a hero among heroes, a lion among men.

Bijla singh,

do you have audacity to tell us that in realm of martyrdom there will be distinction between sikh/hindu/christian/buddhist/jain matyrs? martyr is martyr. Martyr defined by high morale character. So don't go out there and tell people and read your history and tell people Sikhs are the only one to attain martyrdom for India and against oppressors. Sikhs have bigger matyrdom contributions on freedom fight in India but true sikh will not ignore other groups contributions either and would never show false pride.

Yes i m proud of my sikh heritage, sikh yodha's like baba maharaj singh, baba bir singh narungabad, shaheeds singhs of 1984 and contributions of sikhs to freedom fight in india and india economy but i m not going to an extend and reject all the contributions, matyrdom made by other religious groups for india.

i don't post much here in sikh politics just watch tamasha by reading hate filled messages against other groups by so called youths of today, but some times people like you need reality checks from time to time. I have no respect for your mindset after reading your post, it just reinforces the very fact that why sikhs should support khalsa raj(prophecy) made by sri guru gobind singh ji than peace of land (khalistan) concept created by pseudo leader- jagjit singh ( who living his lavish life somewhere in england) and concept hijacked by you people. Anyway, you can keep continuing with your hindu propaganda, making sikhs against hindus.

good post