Bhindranwale - What's The Score?

MiriPiri

What Nihang AK47 said, plus "Fighting For Faith & Nation" by Cynthia Keppley Mahmood is a good book by an unbiased writer. Easy to buy from Amazon as well.

There are still people around (e.g. Giani Thakur Singh Ji) who had their Sangat, if you get the chance, you can ask them.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line, there was no justification for Delhi to attack Akal Takht Sahib, the sovereign seat of authority for Sikhs. We don't require permission from any bloody government for carrying shasters(weapons) in the land of our ancestors and Guru Sahibaan.

Just tell me, should Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Maharaj(to whom belongs Miri and Piri), have first sought shah jahans permission before building the bahadur sikh fauj?

We follow the example of our Father,Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji, Grandfather, Sri Guru Teg Bahadur Sahib Ji, and GreatGandfather, DhanDhan Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib ji (to whom belongs Miri and Piri).

Did Guru Maharaj stockpile weapons for attacking shah jahan? NO

He did it for the very reasons that became apparent shortly afterwards.

Sant Jarnail Singh Ji and all the other great gursikhs (to whom I bow my head) did not fortify Darbar Sahib complex for attacking New Delhi. Nor did they launch any attacks against any government symbol. Then tell me, what right did New Delhi have to interfere in our affairs. What bussiness is it of Delhi whether we keep machine guns or arrows at Akaal Takht sahib.

It's weak people amongst us who will go to great lengths to justify the attack and throw blame on our shaheeds.

We are sovereign in sprirt and will not be controlled by any government.

Why are there doubts about Bhindranwale?

How do people on forums profess to speak knowledgably about him when most were children or unborn when he was around?

How much are they prejudiced by their own religious affiliations?

Some say he was defending Harminder Sahib, some say he was taking refuge because he was too scared to fight outside, thinking the army would not invade there.

I know this is the wrong place for answers, but how can I get historical accounts FROM THE PERIOD? I know the majority will be biassed - heck, I was at barely out of Infants at the time, and I remember thinking even the BBC were a mouth-piece for the Indian government. My dad didn't tell me, because he didn't believe Bhindranwale was a SAINT-soldier.

By the way, I do not want to judge the man, I just want to my own quasi-scholastic study of what was a great man, whatever his true motives may have been.

Are there any fair biographies? Or even unfair ones? Would rather not touch the latter.

Many thanks. Who knows, I may even be able to write a biography myself! :-P

P.S. Before nayone uses the T-word, governments the world over have used the label "terrorist" to refer to anyone who actively opposes those in power. This is an outrageous abuse of political language - a terrorist is by the very definition, one who terrorises a population.

This annoys me, perhaps if you listen to some Of sant ji's katha's or researched what he actually said you would see the truth, instead you openly, on a forum, doubt him, therefore showing cracks within our community. We dont need this within our own kuam. Throughout the last 400 years we have been persecuted and attempted to be destroyed from the outside and it never succeeded, but i fear that now we are destroying ourselves from "inside" influences, things such as nirankaris, radhoswamis and beadbi odf guru sahib..

Or maybe im being to negative minded, anyhow just research sant jis own words and see what you think.

miri piri g , there should be no doubts about sant jarnail singh g khalsa bhindrawale, he has been awarded as the

" 20 sadi de mahaan gursikh" in english " gursikh of 20th centuary by shri akal takht sahib ,

no doubt he is true saint sipahi of 20th centuary.

"bhindrawala sant sipahi , jisne sutti kaum jagai"

Guest shastr

guys guys guys! why on earth are we even going back and forth on this topic?

and how dare we question a person like sant ji? wat the hell is wrong with u kids, think before u open ur mouths.

even talking about a sant in this manner is the worst thing we can do in our lifes.

for everyone who is unsure about sant ji even being a sant or soldier, go listen to dharam yude morcha, and judge for yourself. listen to the speeches!!

22 hours of nitneam, which incluced 151 jap ji sahibs, 5 granthi, and 1 sehaj paaht every month. if these are not qualities of sant, then wat are they?

I would like you to watch this google video called "Terror in the Name Of God" he talks about Religion and Terrorisim and also talks about Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale. Its about an 1 hour long.

I would like you to do "Sukhmani Sahib". Guru ji talks about religion and those who speak wrong of sants. Its about an 1 hour long.

Well said Shastr.

Ironic that those who called Sant Ji a coward were the ones who hid in an office and later surrendered to the army - despite publicly doing Ardasan in front of Guru Sahib promising that they would die before any tank entered Harmandir Sahib!!