Sikhi Today

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

:@ I recieved this email from this paji, have a read......

Muslim's all over the world are getting closer and closer to their faith, whilst us Sikh's couldn't be further from Guruji's values. If we do not act now we will go the same way as the ancient Romans, Macedonians, and the Mongol’s. They were all great cultures, and brave warriors but now they are just living in their past glory. We need to act, and act now. Sikh’s are forgetting the true teachings of Sikhi, instead we are becoming far too westernised. Cutting our Kesh, drinking, smoking and eating filthy meat.

When you go to the Gurudwara, how often do you see young Sikh’s in the congregation sitting and actually taking part in the prayers? Instead you will see the older generation performing Seva and joining in with the Kirtan. Young Sikh’s in the West may well be proud of our faith but we do little to uphold the values of our great ancestors. Sikh men & Sikh Women are encouraged to cut off their Kesh, not only by their young female peers but also by their parents, who find the custom old and thus irrelevant.

On days such as Vasakhi, our youth drive in fancy cars waving the Nishan Sahib in one hand, whilst holding a can of beer, or a cigarette in the other hand. They know not of the Sanctity of our flag, we rub the name of Guruji in dirt.

The youth of Islam however are far more versed in their faith. They go to their Mosque and learn the teachings of

their prophets, they read their Nimaz and gain the knowledge of the religion.

Sikh men fight and curse, we are known (and in many cases are proud of) to enjoy our drink. As whole promotin casteism goes "Jatts do this" , "Jatts do that" in bhangra song not actually promotin unity songs rather than promoting casteism "an barrier in sikhism.All that jazzy bee's and bindy johal lovers try to copy their style by puttin colorin their hairs put "MASSIVE KHANDA"yet not even knowin the purity or history behind the Khanda. In chatrooms come across with the term "Jatt" or "Jatti" being used as though it is a religion in its own sense Whereas people from other faith laugh at us We see it as being quite normal to get drunk and fight our brothers. We see no harm in this.

We can’t possibly say our Islamic counterparts don’t behave in the same way as, but they certainly aren’t seen doing so. Many Muslim men act saintly and over time simple people would see them as nice good men. Is it really such a surprise that our womenfolk turn to them when in trouble. We say these girls are slag’s and so we do not need them in our faith, but you tell me how many of our sisters would we have left. This is happening because our sikh youth has "Less Knowledge and Faith" in sikhi. They think punjabi way of livin and relegion is moreless a samething. Whereas, its not. There is an fine boundary line between them. How can a person convert if they dont know first universal thing about sikhism??. They get sick tired of family , casteism and other typical punjabi life style they illustioned that if it was a relegion and go out with muslims and get converted. Its lot happening in england. Days are not far when islamic extermist will start doin this in north america, lurin our sikh sisters into islam by emotional blackmailing and other propaganda.

We talk about our immigration to canada and U.S and england like 100 years back but we still getting humilation and couldn't make any good image in western countries and

still have issues within our communites.

I am not here to stereotype against Muslim’s but I must make it quite clear that only doom stands in front of us if we do not act. We need to learn about our faith so we can teach others. We need to show our brothers, our sisters, our friends and even our parents what Sikhi is really about. Otherwise we risk being forsaken by Waheguru ji, we have been taught by example what Sikh’s are capable of. Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji had stated that an Amritdhari Sikh is as powerful as the Guru who created the Khalsa.

Let us not destroy the little we have left of our great faith, but let us learn and teach the ways of our Guru

I had so much written down and lost it :@ @ :) @ :wub: @

anyway, good read and good points!

I feel like our people are drifting further and further away from Sikhi, look in Punjab : you see more and more mona guys.

Plenty of folks out there with a fat khanda in neck without a clue about Sikhi.

Plenty of people who bring their expensive cars with special upgrades and stuff like spinners and put in the parade at the Yuba City Nagar keertan. I am sick of people who show off stuff like that. If you want to show off a car it ought to be like the Khalistan Security Force car :@ (check it out at http://www.mkhalsa.com ) At least it's gotta show some Sikh Pride or something.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Good report. If you look carefully, I think I can see why Muslims are getting closer while Sikhs are getting farther. When the Muslims perceived that they were under attack, they started going back hard-core to their fundamental tenents. We did the same thing in 1984 where LOTS of Mona Sikhs transformed into Khalistanis overnight... Its sad that it requires such strong pain to bring us back to what we are... :@

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Guest rsingh

You are right, I agree 101%

Some one told me about a gurbani radio pogram, on it a muslim woman was telling them how muslims get children in to islam

The women said they start the children very young, at something like six they start encouraging them to fast and stuff, even if they don’t keep it at least they tried

Age 7 put more pressure for them to keep fast, teach urdu, etc

Age 8 or so if they don’t keep it make it clear theve let u down

Age 9/ 10 tell the child to take fast and pray regular, belt em one ( I don’t agree or disagree)

In muslim communities they encourage the children to be able to read the kuran and pray regularly. Jews celebrate a certain bday at certain age(year 8 of secondary or something), (forgotten name) ceremony for the kid where he reads part of thora. For this reason they have to learn hebru. May be we need to set a standard as it where by we teach children panjabi by certain age or so and have a langar of something on a certain bday or something to celebrate achievement.

Im not saying there right or wrong but it seems to be working for other comunities

Maybe we need to learn from not only our mistakes but from mistakes made by other religions/groups.

May be we need to take a tougher role with children/teens as it seem the doftly softly aint working, (coy gal ne wada howka guru nu lab li ga. Ai te wela ha party shati te janle.) im very sorry that was terrible attempt

We need more parcha we need evening is gurudwaras and something to attract youth. May be have fire works on sikh newyear, etc at gurudwara something to bring everyone together

Pull chuk maff

i dunno.. i think "alotta muslims are getting closer" might be a myth.. i go to a school with a HUGE muslim population, and i'm associates of quite a few of them, not to mention the things that go around the school...

many of them drink.. many do intoxicating drugs.. premarital sex.... when i challenge any of these people with islam, none can provide any real answers... there are VERY few, maybe 3 or 4, in my school who are religiously islam, not just hereditarily... obviously i can't speak on the behalf of all muslims, but i have a pretty large sample of like.. 200 people whom i come in contact with on a daily basis....

but i do agree in that we hafta move ahead ourselves...

well, at this rate, khalsa raj is along way away. still u c more gursikhs now. its on the way. why dont you guys try n run 2 b president of the gurdwara. change sum of the stuff do parchaar of the religion, make sikhi luk fun 4 the youth. then hand power 2 5 pyares (that they actually control the gurdwara)

jus sum thoughts

bhol chukke muaff

no good :@

I have seen all this myself, bhenji so I know what you are talking about. I wish we knew the answers. But all I can say is we need to focus on educating ourselves, our peers and the next generation.

What we need are quality gursikhs, not a large quantity of panjabi's calling themselves 'sikhs'

Bhull Chuk Maaf