Ban The Movie Singh Is King!

BAN SINGH IS KINNG  

51 members have voted

1. 1. DO U THINK WE SHOULD FILE AN ONLINE PETITION?

• YES
    • NO

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maan brothers are always shown as cut sardars in movies is it not threat to sikhi .. ??? does punjabiyat allows u to project sikhs as rod shod ... instead in movie singh is king is anything false shown up ....

1. majority of sikh youth wear turban and are trimmed is it false ???

2. sikh youth goes to pubs and dance bars is it false ???

3. sikh youth is ready to take any way to reach uk or canada is it false ???

4. sikhs are helpful is it false ???

in the end akshay kumar keeps his full beard and says this singh is king in hazzori of guru sahib is it wrong ??? and will it have positive or negative affect of sikh youth when they see some one apologizing for trimming beard ...

in gadar movie sunny deol was projected as rod shod sikh who some times wear turban then cuts his beard ... why sikhs liked that movie so much ???

there are always two thing one which is fake other which we dont want to see may be we are afraid of truth ...

today sikh youth is trimming beard dancing in pubs and is proud of it ... its in our hands we want to think about it and take steps to solve this problem .... or we want to close our eyes and saw no its all false sikhs dont trim or dance !!!

things go up and down but what matters is the ending ... ant bhala to sab bhala ...

a question to all what message do u think this movie would give ???

maan brothers are always shown as cut sardars in movies is it not threat to sikhi .. ??? does punjabiyat allows u to project sikhs as rod shod ... instead in movie singh is king is anything false shown up ....

in the end akshay kumar keeps his full beard and says this singh is king in hazzori of guru sahib is it wrong ??? and will it have positive or negative affect of sikh youth when they see some one apologizing for trimming beard ...

in gadar movie sunny deol was projected as rod shod sikh who some times wear turban then cuts his beard ... why sikhs liked that movie so much ???

there are always two thing one which is fake other which we dont want to see may be we are afraid of truth ...

today sikh youth is trimming beard dancing in pubs and is proud of it ... its in our hands we want to think about it and take steps to solve this problem .... or we want to close our eyes and saw no its all false sikhs dont trim or dance !!!

things go up and down but what matters is the ending ... ant bhala to sab bhala ...

You talking as if u have seen the movie, just because the guy is going to be keep beard in the last two seconds of the movie its suppose to make up for all the beadbi that they are going to do till then???

yes many sikh youth are trimming beard, dancing in pubs and are proud of it but what problems is this movie going to solve except for make them feel that they aint doing anythig wrong? wanna tell me coz i dont see any

and about gadar if people didnt say anything then we aint suppose to say anything now???

and the guy in gadar was shown with a pugh and dhari in the promos so if there were some people that might have objected it was kinda hard for them to do that when they didnt even knew about it...

You talking as if u have seen the movie, just because the guy is going to be keep beard in the last two seconds of the movie its suppose to make up for all the beadbi that they are going to do till then???

yes many sikh youth are trimming beard, dancing in pubs and are proud of it but what problems is this movie going to solve except for make them feel that they aint doing anythig wrong? wanna tell me coz i dont see any

and about gadar if people didnt say anything then we aint suppose to say anything now???

and the guy in gadar was shown with a pugh and dhari in the promos so if there were some people that might have objected it was kinda hard for them to do that when they didnt even knew about it...

Look these films have been going on for years, this film has been publicised for the past year and now we decide to protest. Seriously reading this forum proves a comment a muslim made in the documentary for partition. When a storm is about to hit an area, a hindu prepares, gets its shelter ready, Just before the storm is about to hit, the muslim prepares for shelter and is protected. The Sikhs shout about the storm when its been and gone. If we start fighting over this, will Sikhi ever move forward. Like our great Sant said, so many people have tried to destroy Sikhi, but they failed and met there death. Lets build our Sikhi, lets keep our Rehit. We need people to join us, where were always bickering, thats half the problem you look at the recent 84 movement, they all had pyaar for one another, willing to die for each other and us, were protesting over Akshay. We need to build the love and respect for one another.

Bhul Chuk Maarf Karni

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ke Fatteh

"in gadar movie sunny deol was projected as rod shod sikh who some times wear turban then cuts his beard ... why sikhs liked that movie so much ???"

many sikhs are pretty awake and noticed the stupid scene where he puts a tilak on the muslim girl and says. "abh ye ho gayee sikhni", whatever that means.

gadar was not supported by all sikhs but those sikhs who get all excited by seeing sunny deol, an idol for many punjabis who love him either because he is a jatt, or because his family has roots in ludhiana. other than that, they are arya samajis, and have no connections to sikhs or sikhi.

peace.

Akashy kumar is a sikh. rajeev singh bhatia aka rajiv bhatia aka akshay kumar. Sikhs esp. punjabi are cool and have a distinct identity, able to stand out in any crowd. He wants to associate himself with the cool sikh and feel part of a proud and respected people.

• 1 month later...

this film is realistic this is the overwhelming majority of the "sikh" population, both of which I am not in support of, the film is about "singh" the origin of which goes beyond sikhs, if the film potrays anything wrong about our religion as a philosophy, i.e sikhs believe in polygamy or idol worship, than that is another thing.

This film has to be distinguished from the theatre play in birmingham a few years ago which was an insult to Sikhi, I can't believe ppl are comparing Guru Gobind Singh Ji's approach to the mughals to the opposition of this film.

If you don't like the film don't watch it, and educate anyone who is misleaded by it, I just hope this film is not used by people who just like to get into a mob and create havoc, which will potray the sikhs as extremists and fundamentalists, which is worse. As especially as this film may be targeted like the bombs that went off in india, which was wrongfully liked to sikhs, which again was worse for sikhs.

I would like to may it clear that I am not against those Tyaar par Tyaar Gursikhs who have protested peacefully in the past for valuable causes, in a manner consistent with sikhi, only resorting to armed or physical struggle when the situation has required such a response.

If the "real" gursikhs wish to peacefully demonstrate about any innaccuracies in the film I am supportive ( I don't include myself as a real sikh) as this would be fruitfull, but to just throw bricks at cinemas and other mindless violence is as foreign to Sikhi as this film.