Job

Does anyone feel like they have been discriminated against whilst looking for a job? or maybe during the interview or something because of the way you look? e.g Beard, Dastar?

I feel this is happening to me alot! i've given in application 2 millionzzz of places!! and i think im always quite a good candidate!! but they always take on the gore that smoke and do drugs etc. i think its just to keep the companies apperance up. Even tho i might have more qualities and qualifications and skills and everything, i think they would rather employ the clean shaven people. Pretty unfair!

Does anyone feel like they have been discriminated against whilst looking for a job? or maybe during the interview or something because of the way you look? e.g Beard, Dastar?

I feel this is happening to me alot! i've given in application 2 millionzzz of places!! and i think im always quite a good candidate!! but they always take on the gore that smoke and do drugs etc. i think its just to keep the companies apperance up. Even tho i might have more qualities and qualifications and skills and everything, i think they would rather employ the clean shaven people. Pretty unfair!

i get the same thing ive applied to thousands of places goen for interviews everything and no lluck, i told my cousin the stuff i said when the interviewers asked me stuff he said what i said is good why didnt they give u it the ***** lol

1. you may not be good enough for the job

2. those 'druggy' goreh might be better for the job

3. you may be overqualified and they may think in the long run your going to leave the company for better things.

for example, when i was going to uni i applied at subway for a job, he looked at my cv and looked at how well i was dressed and didnt even interview me. He simply said, 'you've got the job, just one question: what uni are you going to' obviously this was a trick question as firstly he didnt want me to go to uni and secondly if i did go he wanted me to go local, as soon as i said liverpool the interview was over...

dont look too much into things about jobs, its almost impossible these days to get a job that the employer thinks your perfect for, dont think its anything personal against your dastar or beard or whatnot its just luck, sheer luck!

good luck anyway!

jis ki vast hai

soi ley jayega

Guest peacemaker
but they always take on the gore that smoke and do drugs etc.

I know you're angry, but please don't say things like that and bring race into it. I don't think it really helps anyone to talk like that and you just come off as someone who is jealous. Who cares what color someone is!?!! You don't want them to care what you are when they hire you, so you shouldn't care about what the people look like who are getting the jobs!!!

but they always take on the gore that smoke and do drugs etc.

I know you're angry, but please don't say things like that and bring race into it. I don't think it really helps anyone to talk like that and you just come off as someone who is jealous. Who cares what color someone is!?!! You don't want them to care what you are when they hire you, so you shouldn't care about what the people look like who are getting the jobs!!!

i meant chavs.

Honestly, never...

You just have to be the right person for the right job. I have never come across any discrimination when applying for jobs: the hard part is getting an interview, once you're in and they realize you're not some FOB, you got the job no questions asked.

Its rare that race or anything has much to do with it. You may think you're a good applicant, but don't forget they don't want just a good applicant. They want THE best applicant. It may be worthwhile going back to a couple of these "failed interviews" and asking them what about your application could you improve on. Maybe ask a friend or someone in your family to look over your resume, see where it could use some touching up, and where something like volunteering experiences or other things may help you get what you want.

You've got to reach the point where you walk in to the interview and they forget about your other applicants and hire you on the spot. Good luck!