Can A Girl, Follow Her Religion, In Inter Religion Marriage?

ocelot

Can a girl follow her religion  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Can a girl follow her religion

• Yes
    • No
    • Mostly
    • Dont care

It's easier to follow one religion if both husband and wife belong to that religion.

I agree.

If not, one side would have to shirk there values and traditions to accommodate for their other half at one point.

I'm a Muslim, my fiancee is a Muslim.

I as a Muslim would not marry a non-Muslim.

I imagine it'd be the same for people strong to any faith.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of my mums cousins married a gori and they dont seem to be having any problems following seperate religions since they accept each other as an individual but that being said i dont really believe in inter-religion marriages since it'l only confuse the children

Inter religion marriages i would say would be hard to practise. Most of these type of marriages tend to happen when neither of them are really devoute to their religions. To most people religion is just a picture on a wall. I'm yet to see two devoute followers of different religions to marry, but then which religious cermony for marriage would they follow?

Inter religion marriages i would say would be hard to practise. Most of these type of marriages tend to happen when neither of them are really devoute to their religions. To most people religion is just a picture on a wall. I'm yet to see two devoute followers of different religions to marry, but then which religious cermony for marriage would they follow?

Most likely a secular one...Which no two devout people would accept.

soo true!

Marriage as we understand it is a need for the mind emotion and body it is not a spiritual need as there is no such thing as a two people who are soul mates. The Attma is more yearning for its true soul mate Pratama, here yes marriage is a true marriage, Gurbani also explains this to us.

This does not conclude we divorce ourselves from life, we can enjoy the journey successfully. My point is only that we should at least learn to understand our needs, what is needed for my mind, my emotion, my physical body and my Attma.

Consciously one can learn to understand oneself better if he or she understands why one is behaving the way one is and what part of their existence one is catering to and fulfilling without bull crapping themselves about their true motive.