Singh Is Kinng

TheVampire

Yeah! me too. Also aren't Sants supposed to show the way to the ignorant and lead by example.

A good point - and many of these are shot in Punjab!

A number of them cheap videos have been shot at my Uni. campus. I wanted to tear them to pieces, but Alas! Democracy stood in my way!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHY? WHY?

Always when somebody tries to make a film on Sikh history or Sikhs, the akalis/nihangs/fanatics go wild??

This happened years ago also... When Dara Singh made some films on Sikhs etc like Nanak Dukhiya Sab Sansar (1970) and Sava Lakh Se Ek Ladaun (1976). Nihangs also banned Sava Lakh Se Ek Ladaun for no proper reason. Dara Singh made a statement in which he said he made movies on Sikhism etc from his heart with no bad thoughts, and always the Nihangs attacked the cinemas or banned the film.

But all my hopes are on Battle of Saragarhi film.

from where do nihangs came in the picture ... nihangs attacked cinemas where and when ... dude plz try and wake up before commenting ... or even take some time to read the news before posting ... satkar committee and nihangs two different things ... or if u want to take and bash nihangs every now and then you are most welcome ... tomorrow some one will post i m not getting my turban right any suggestion u can bash nihangs there to ....

post karan toon pehlan 10 min lagga leya kar to try and find out is it even linked with what you are posting !!!

no jathebandi has called out anything in favour or against the movie its some new organisation !!!!

from where do nihangs came in the picture ... nihangs attacked cinemas where and when ... dude plz try and wake up before commenting ... or even take some time to read the news before posting ... satkar committee and nihangs two different things ... or if u want to take and bash nihangs every now and then you are most welcome ... tomorrow some one will post i m not getting my turban right any suggestion u can bash nihangs there to ....

post karan toon pehlan 10 min lagga leya kar to try and find out is it even linked with what you are posting !!!

no jathebandi has called out anything in favour or against the movie its some new organisation !!!!

Please read my post JASSA: i said: "akalis/nihangs/fanatics"

Each time a movie on Sikhism releases either of these 3 do create chaos!!!

Nihangs did in 1976 with Dara Singh ok? Get it?

AND WHEN DID I SAY THAT ITS THE NIHANGS THAT ATTACKED THE CINEMAS NOW?

I just said they had banned Dara Singh religious flicks...

Te teinu eh chaihda hai ke post karan toon pehlan 10 min lagga leya kar oh post nu changi tarah parn layi jinnu tu reply karn lagga ha!!!

Looks like the nazi admin have edited my original post because i called these so called sikhs 'Taliban'.

Since when was ' Taliban' a swear word?

Anyway if people are going to behave like thugs like those in Afghanistan they deserve to be compared with them, no matter if they are dressed in Sikh clothing and shout Sikh slogans.

Press Trust of India

Friday, August 8, 2008: (Amritsar):

A group of Sikhs pelted stones at a local theatre here running the opening show of Akshay Kumar-starrer Singh is Kinng, alleging that the film depicts the community in a distorted manner.

The youth, carrying the portrait of slain militant leader Jarnail Singh Bhindranwala and armed with naked swords, pelted stones at the 'Annam' theatre in a bid to disrupt the show, but timely arrival of police foiled their attempts.

As soon as the police arrived, the youth fled from the scene and the show continued without any disruption.

Security personnel have been deployed in strength at 'Annam' and another theatre Rialto, where the movie is being screened.

http://movies.ndtv.com/newstory.asp?slug=S...NTEN20080060621

The youth, carrying the portrait of slain militant leader Jarnail Singh Bhindranwala and armed with naked swords, pelted stones at the 'Annam' theatre in a bid to disrupt the show, but timely arrival of police foiled their attempts.

Rather ironically, I believe these sikhs have done more damage to the sikh image than any bollywood film has. On the other hand Singh is Kinng is doing Singh’s proud the world over! Don’t forget it’s a comedy at the end of the day so we should stop trying to turn it into a religious tale.

This is something i have noticed(got nothing really to do with this thread but anyway) when someone protests people call them taliban even though they probably do more paath than me and you and are gursikhs, then members start saying where were you when this happened and that happened. To everyone that says that let me ask u something where were u? atleast those people are trying to doing something instead of complaining on the net.

Looks like the nazi admin have edited my original post because i called these so called sikhs 'Taliban'.

Anyway if people are going to behave like thugs like those in Afghanistan they deserve to be compared with them, no matter if they are dressed in Sikh clothing and shout Sikh slogans.

It might become just that due to your efforts. It is because of people like you that people in west associate sikhs with muslims. If they are thugs what are you? Sant Sipahi? What have you done for society to judge others?

Anyways what about hindus in U.S who complained against love guru? are they not taliban? And what about the vanar sena of hindus in jammu? What are they?

It might become just that due to your efforts. It is because of people like you that people in west associate sikhs with muslims. If they are thugs what are you? Sant Sipahi? What have you done for society to judge others?

Anyways what about hindus in U.S who complained against love guru? are they not taliban? And what about the vanar sena of hindus in jammu? What are they?

No problem with protests but smashing up property is something else.

If Hindus smashed up places due to love guru that is wrong as well. Did they?

I judge people by their actions, so what if these thugs do so much paath, doesn't show it by their actions. Behaving like children with a tantrum. They need to do even more paath

No problem with protests but smashing up property is something else.

If Hindus smashed up places due to love guru that is wrong as well. Did they?

I judge people by their actions, so what if these thugs do so much paath, doesn't show it by their actions. Behaving like children with a tantrum. They need to do even more paath

You can judge and say whatever you want. Your judgement is as irrelevent as must be your actions. You can go to hell! Or better still take a dip in Ganga mata at Haridwar.