Sex And Sleeping With Kirpan

Guest Ik Guru da Sikh

Fateh ji. Try to keep kakkar on you at all times. So if you tied it around waist, head etc it is still on you. Basically use ure logic and identify which is best for the different situations. In all cases ure supposed to be tyar bar tyar. So the idea is if its not on you eg lying a meter away then ure vulnerable and not ready...So to identify what you need to do just think am i still tyar if I kept my kirpan over here.

About the pillow thing....people vary in what they do. Again basically you must be tyar...so I kno alot of people put their kirpan under their pillow but still maintain contact with it. They don't put it on their side when sleeping because they feel when they fall asleep anyone can take the kirpan off them and they wud not notice.

So in this case they would be vulnerable and not tyar....however if its under ure pillow u will know if someone is coming to steal it as they will move ure pillow and u can easily grab it cos u maintained contact with it. Alot of people in India actually put it under pillow for that reason. So again its all about maintaining contact so that you are tyar. If you think of it that way you should be able to work all the different situations out. :)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"So the idea is if its not on you eg lying a meter away then ure vulnerable and not ready...So to identify what you need to do just think am i still tyar if I kept my kirpan over here"

No offence, but lets be practical,

the kakkars are meant to be your ang i agree

BUT tyar bar tyar? maaf karna I don't understand? you mean if a robber was to come in your house and you will not be able to defend because your kirpan is 1/2metre away from you as opposed to being on you? how many of you actually know how to use a kirpan?

Forgive me, i'm not an amritdhari as you can tell, but I always thought sikhi was a life of practical lifestyle? Am i wrong?

You are given hukam by panj piayre to keep kakkars on you at all times, full stop. A small kirpan around your neck doesnt count, the kirpan needs to be on a gatra.

I suggest you approach married couples about your question, personally i think its inappropriate to discuss it here.

Unless Panj Pyaare directly gave you hukum to wear kirpan on gatra you can wear kirpan without a gatra, for example kesh shaastar (panj shastar parvaan), wearing siri sahib in kamar kasa, wearing 3 inch dumaala style shaastar around your neck etc. All of these methods of wearing kirpan and other shastar are 100% parvaan.

Guest _sevadar_

Gurfateh Ji

I will try my very best to answer the sex related question with the upmost amount of respect for the sangat of this forum.

I have been married for sometime now and me any my wife are both amritdharie.

The Kakkars should not leave your body at any time, to facilitate your need to reproduce, you can tie the gatra and kirpan on your keski, dastar or patka, you should have your head covered!!! If you find that the gatra and kirpan is loose and can easily fall off, you can get a small thin length of cloth and use that to tie on top and around the gatra & kirpan using a knot.

Just another piece of advice, when you have sex with your wife/husband it uses up your kamiaye i.e. simran, abiyaas. So for you to get balanced again you should recite gurbani i.e. a Jap Ji Sahib at least.

Hope this helps

Forgive me for talking in detail.

Gurfateh Ji

You are given hukam by panj piayre to keep kakkars on you at all times, full stop. A small kirpan around your neck doesnt count, the kirpan needs to be on a gatra.

I suggest you approach married couples about your question, personally i think its inappropriate to discuss it here.

What about flying on planes? im sure u have to take the sri sahib of then, what can 1 do about this?

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

Harjeet Singh, many of the things you have said are, in my opinion, true. It is possible for Guru Ji to bless a couple with a child in any way. I hope that one day you'll be at a stage of such high avastha that this method blesses you with you many children.

However I don't think it's fair for you to say such things about those souls who did more seva for the panth and had more love for Akaal Purakh than you or I may ever have. Their actions may not make sense to us but sometimes it's better to further our own knowledge rather than judge or put down others. Also a lot of the time we might speculate on what other personalities/Sants or even what our own Gurus did. But unless Guru Ji Himself has told you who did/did not do certain things then there is no point in making assumptions based on whether you can imagine such things happening or not.

With respect to wearing glasses; true Gurmukhs will always accept Guru Ji's Bhana. If Guru Ji wills them to have poor eyesight in this life, whether it be as a result of previous karams or not, they will accept that. They may also accept that Guru Ji helped them by letting them see better by wearing glasses. It depends on how you look at it. The same could be said for taking medicines, but Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj himself blessed Bhai Kanaiya Ji with the gift of medicine.

Don't presume to know the reasons behind God's actions by saying that God would never impair a real devotee. A real devotee may seem impaired to the rest of us but the truth is that the devotee thinks of himself as blessed, not disabled.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

It is not fair what i said. I am sorry for the slandering of Sikhs. Especially because they are far greater than I am. I don't know what made me say all that. What i was really trying to say was, if a great like Baba Deep Singh can fight without his head, then of course, people can be blessed with children, ofcourse people can fly, they can do anything. Sorry for getting carried away. Sorry for causing offence to anyone. thank you lowest of the low singhni, for your enlightenment.

Tankhah Naama:

Abandoning the Guru, one who goes to beg others,

And sleeps at night without anything on,(41)

Unclothed one who revels in sex,

And all naked cleans his teeth,(42)

Dohira

One who goes around naked or eats bare headed,

Or gives out sacred pudding in a naked state is adjudged as a big

offender.(43)

The topic and question asked is not inappropriate for the site, but maybe, judging by some of the replies, the brother asking the question should have requested that married people only reply.

I still maintain that what a married couple does in this regards is up to them. Sex between husband and wife should never be seen just as a means to reproduce. Still would value the opinion of more married amritdharis (I am not amritdhari) themselves - thus far only one such person has been forthcoming. If such is not forthcoming, then I guess the topic should be wound up.