Importance Of Dastaar

Big_Tera

Why is wearing a Dastaar so important for Sikhs? And why do people say if you dont wear a turban. "Your not a real Sikh"

is this just not discouraging people away from Sikhism. because they might thenk they are not real Sikhs because they do not wear a dastaar. so theres no point in trying to be a good Sikh.

i personaly think theres alot of poeple who are mona like myself. who have been told they are not "real Sikhs" and because of this they think theres no point trying to do anything because they are already damned to hell for not wearing one.

I think Sikhs who dont wear turbans should not be treated like this. ive also heard a few muslims say this to Sikhs. ie your not Sikh. because you dont wear a turban.

does it really matter that much. aslong as you believ in Sikhism and believe in the divine words of the Guru Granth Sahib. You are Sikh as much as anyone else is.

i appologise if i have said anything wrong.

wjkk wjkf

every human born in this world, is born as a sikh.... now some become muslims, some becomes hindu etc... some pretend to be sikh but there are only a few handfull of them who are REAL SIKH.

the answer if you are a sikh or not..... ask youself and see which catagory u fall into.....lol

wjkk wjkf

To be a Sikh (student) is to have the Guru (teacher), right?

If you do not Khande Baate Da Amrit, then you ultimately do not have a Guru.

It was Guru Gobind Singh Ji's hukam that in order to become his Sikh you must take Amrit first. The Panj Payare didn't just give their heads away for entertainment purposes. They gave their heads to Maharaj Ji to finally have such a GURU which will direct them the path to Akaal Purakh. Then how can you be a SIKH?! Are you following your Guru's Hukam?

I know it'll be hard for you to accept this truth...But this is the truth...

Now you can answer your questions yourself...

Sorry if I sound rude... I didn't mean to whatsoever... =)

As by our guru jees teaching, everybody should be treated equally no matter what. Equality and giving respect to others is the basic foundation of sikhi. If I see you anyday, i would treat you like my brother.. so there are some ppl around who doesn't hate others just by their looks.

On the other hand.... This may sound harsh but however i don't think one can be a sikh if he/she doesn't follow our gurus teaching. Whether it be a hair cut or drinking/smoking and committing other sins.. they all are big NO in sikhi. But if you are trying to find the light then may Waheguru be with you and guide you to the right path.

Daastar is important because our Gurus said so :) There is a deeper meaning behind wearing daastar and one will understand only when he/she discover the real gem of sikhi by researching our dharam more deeper besides little obstacles may occur in doing that so. Our Guru sahib jee gave us this body. Its his design of internal external functions of our body. Its flawless and perfect; which is why we should not alter it to any form.

Why is wearing a Dastaar so important for Sikhs? And why do people say if you dont wear a turban. "Your not a real Sikh"

is this just not discouraging people away from Sikhism. because they might thenk they are not real Sikhs because they do not wear a dastaar. so theres no point in trying to be a good Sikh.

i personaly think theres alot of poeple who are mona like myself. who have been told they are not "real Sikhs" and because of this they think theres no point trying to do anything because they are already damned to hell for not wearing one.

I think Sikhs who dont wear turbans should not be treated like this. ive also heard a few muslims say this to Sikhs. ie your not Sikh. because you dont wear a turban.

does it really matter that much. aslong as you believ in Sikhism and believe in the divine words of the Guru Granth Sahib. You are Sikh as much as anyone else is.

i appologise if i have said anything wrong.

well if a singh says your not a sikh cuz you dont keep kesh, dont listen to them, first they need to look at themselves first and its true it will discourage mona sikhs.

From Sri Satguru Angad Dev Ji to Satguru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Ji they did not take khande baate da amrit, did they not have a Guru, was Satguru Nanak not the Guru of Satguru Angad Dev Ji and so on?

It was Guru Gobind Singh Ji's hukam that in order to become his Sikh you must take Amrit first. The Panj Payare didn't just give their heads away for entertainment purposes. They gave their heads to Maharaj Ji to finally have such a GURU which will direct them the path to Akaal Purakh. Then how can you be a SIKH?! Are you following your Guru's Hukam?

Is that a true definition? By that statement one could be a compulsive liar, not be charitable, ill mannered, selfish etc but because they have taken Amrit they are automatically branded as a "Sikh". If that was the case then everyone whose karam are sat would be born Amritdhari

Sachay Patshah Says:

gur isK lY gurisK hoix swDsMgiq jg AMdir jwxI]

Having adopted the teaching of the Guru, the Sikhs become Gursikhs, the Sikhs of the Guru, and join the Holy Congregation wherever they find it.

Every one is a sikh first and upon finding their Guru they become GURsikh. Its a PATH, which leads to a destination. You cannot reach the destination without treading along the path. The destination being Satguru and the path, the trials and tribulations of having to fight the temptations of the world that prevent us from becoming Gursikh.

From Sri Satguru Angad Dev Ji to Satguru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Ji they did not take khande baate da amrit, did they not have a Guru, was Satguru Nanak not the Guru of Satguru Angad Dev Ji and so on?

At that time, there was Charan Amrit. Nehmat is correct - the initiation ceremony bestowed on us by our Guru is Khandey-Bhattey da Amrit. There is no difference between 'Sikh' and 'Gursikh'.

It is maryada that every Guru initiates followers in some way - even music teachers get their students to tie threads on their wrists.....(sadly even some Sikhs do this).

Big-tera: very few of us can really call ourselves Sikhs, however, keeping Kesh IS one of the requirements.

Sri Satguru Angad Dev Ji and Satguru Amar Das Ji went through many trials before being given the highest padvi of Guruship.

Just so a sikh goes through many trials before becoming a Gursikh.

There is a difference between Sikh and Gursikh a fine difference.

Instead of offering piar we offer disdain to sehajdharis which inevitably incurs their scorn for becoming Gursikh.

We must crawl before we walk... otherwise as i said we would all be born amritdhari (a person who conquers 5 chor and the temptations of the world which drive us away from Satguru)