3ho's Have Lost The Plot!

soorma84

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Dear Blissful Sikh Jee,

Please forgive me for being another one to write perhaps in a way you will not appreciate, but I thought I should throw my two cents into this. Just a couple of points out of my personal experience, which can be worthwhile in your reflection.

First off, there is no doubt that hemp is useful as a fuel, fabric etc. However it is an invalid point for you to make here. As far as I understand, people are not fighting here against that kind of usage of hemp, but it is very clear by Gurbani and Sikh Rehat Maryada that usage of intoxicants is not the way for a Gursikh. I do not believe that Vaheguru has created anything in vain, and there must be great uses for this plant, perhaps even medicinal. If you genuinely feel like that, that is completely fine and you are free to go on your way. It is very hard for anyone to prove you any other way, because they can not be inside you and see it from your view. I am ready to go as far as to say that, if you feel so yourself, yes, you are a Sikh. But you must take a look at these things.. In general, it is unacceptable for a Sikh to use marijuana and get intoxicated, as per Gurbani and as per Rehat Maryada. You can feel and be as much a Sikh inside as possible, but you got to consider what is said before. The least you can do is stop putting up videos claiming to be a Sikh and smoking at the same time. You lose nothing by doing that. You can go on your way, but why you have to call yourself a Sikh in public then? It is enough, if you know it inside. There is no loss. Truth can not be bought, sold or taken away. You are clean like that.

BrIAY hQu pYru qnu dyh ]

bhareeai hathh pair than dhaeh ||

When the hands and the feet and the body are dirty,

pwxI DoqY auqrsu Kyh ]

paanee dhhothai outharas khaeh ||

water can wash away the dirt.

mUq plIqI kpVu hoie ]

mooth paleethee kaparr hoe ||

When the clothes are soiled and stained by urine,

dy swbUxu leIAY Ehu Doie ]

dhae saaboon leeai ouhu dhhoe ||

soap can wash them clean.

BrIAY miq pwpw kY sMig ]

bhareeai math paapaa kai sa(n)g ||

But when the intellect is stained and polluted by sin,

Ehu DopY nwvY kY rMig ]

ouhu dhhopai naavai kai ra(n)g ||

it can only be cleansed by the Love of the Name.

puMnI pwpI AwKxu nwih ]

pu(n)nee paapee aakhan naahi ||

Virtue and vice do not come by mere words;

kir kir krxw iliK lY jwhu ]

kar kar karanaa likh lai jaahu ||

actions repeated, over and over again, are engraved on the soul.

Awpy bIij Awpy hI Kwhu ]

aapae beej aapae hee khaahu ||

You shall harvest what you plant.

nwnk hukmI Awvhu jwhu ]20]

naanak hukamee aavahu jaahu ||20||

O Nanak, by the Hukam of God's Command, we come and go in reincarnation. ||20||

I hate what I am going to have to say, but I feel I have to say it. It appears to me that you have found the two coolest things in your life, which are Sikhi and cannabis, and then you have gone on to youtube to make a video on them. This is perfectly normal for a youth (and elders do it too), sometimes you really feel the need to represent what you love. What I mean is that there is no teaching in that video, no Sikhi in that video. It feels like you just wanna look cool.. “Yea, I’m a Sikh, yea, I have and smoke a lots of ganja..” But it’s all just bunch of empty words and acts, you know yourself Sikhi goes much deeper than that. Benti of mine to you is that you stop with your aggressive defense and realize you might not know it all already. Like the brother/sister before said, learn about haumai, all the five thieves, and start recognizing them in yourself and try to practice humility. There is no loss in that, but all win. Now it looks to me like, in one sentence you are saying there is nothing better than Guru Ji and next sentence you seem to know better than him. There is no need for you to argue with people, if you know inside the way you are living is the right for you. There is nothing wrong with not being a Sikh too. But I tell you this is one argument you can not win.

Now, I will share a little bit about my life. When I was about your age I started experimenting with marijuana, smoking it. My first experience was like nothing, I do not think it “worked”. The second time it started working.. I was feeling really strange at first, then it got really scary, almost thought I will die. But when it wore off a little, I had a great peaceful feeling. I felt really good. And from then on I started smoking, because I liked it. For some years I smoked, at times pretty intensely. I had a bunch of different experiences, some good, some bad, some even blissful, spiritual. And the spiritual experiences, they really caught me. I really wanted those spiritual experiences from marijuana and it made me smoke more. You could say I was addicted, though I really have never admitted it. But the more I smoked, the less I received those experiences and I was starting to be in a really bad shape. I started having paranoia and other psychotic symptoms, not to mention some intense pains and fevers in my body plus problems with respiration. And no more I could ever get those spiritual experiences from marijuana. Why? I suppose, because marijuana is not the giver, but Vaheguru Ji is. Marijuana is slave to Akal Purakh like You and I, like Brahma and Vishnu, like all creation, and what it needed to do to me by Vaheguru’s Hukam was done. And what I was left with? I tell you - pain, worries and problems. I used to have a good concentration, i used to get lovely meditation, but in time marijuana burnt me all out. I was deprived of all my spiritual blessings and I also had more anger and ego than ever before. I could not even admit that marijuana had this to do with me, because I had held it so high, so I blamed it on people and whatnot, and I beg to God that I did not commit any extreme paaps then. By Vaheguru Ji’s grace I finally stopped smoking (was not easy and although it has been relatively long, I still have some tempting thoughts every now and then) and have found life so much better as I do not have to be a slave to anything created. Back then I thought I know God and whatnot, but only afterwards I have been blessed with grace of some spiritual experiences to have some glimpses of what genuine spirituality can be. I have also found out that I have the longest way to go and that I can not own God or my Guru. One of the greatest things I have ever been taught is that Sikh, a disciple-learner, learns from everything with humility and is never ready until Akal Purakh Vaheguru Ji admits the Sikh to One’s host. I hope you can catch the same essence from that as I did. But yes, you know yourself better and know your way, God willing. But I hope you understand, Ji, that I must share this experience of mine as warning, so that someone will not blindly accept this plant as God. Also, I tell you that if you ever want to quit marijuana, it is possible that you will have a very hard time (I did). It will be another time of quitting heroin, if you catch what I mean. It will probably be not AS intense (can’t say, I never tried heroin), but it well can be that you will have plenty of pains and extremely bad days (I did) and you will not have your marijuana to relieve you then. Plus still to this day, I have not regained my physical fitness to the level it was before smoking. Marijuana indeed causes some changes in your physical and also psycho-spiritual bodies. This all being said, I know some people who continue to smoke it and say they love it, but there is no person in them that would come across to me as very spiritual or very sharp or to be in clear control of their lives.

One more thing.. You challenged someone to present scientifical facts on the harms of cannabis. There are plenty to be found. You can for instance type harmful effects of cannabis into google and check some links. The thing with these scientifical studies is that one claims one thing and other the complete opposite. One study checks one thing and another study completely other, small things, and then gives results to one direction or another. It is appearing to daas that a whole bunch of these scientists are just misled, in other words not checking for the full Truth, but just playing with some marbles for the heck of it. Plus some people are just saying “oh, it is scientifically proven”, when they are pulling these thing out of their hats and sleeves. When the scientists check all the people in every situation, every time? Where is the science now? Everything happens according to the Hukam of Akal Purakh and every science bends to that, if it needs to, no matter what one test at one time says, or even ten at ten. So over all go into yourself, study in the light of your Guru, be aware and be open to everything. And once more I will say, from my personal experience, marijuana can make you have breathing problems, it can make you paranoid and angry and it can make you feel dull, so that you will not get a good feeling from anything but marijuana. Your body becomes addicted to it and wants it excessively, but at the same time there is at least a possibility it can not handle the side effects (100% chance in my personal study). I know in the end, marijuana started making me sick. Maybe it first healed me of something or maybe I was just healthy and it ended up making me sick because I did not need it. Guru Ji knows. By the way as a side-note, why do you think so many reggae singers have died so young? Yes, you got it, they caught cancer or a heart attack from smoking marijuana. Anyway, brother, stay unattached, do not form pre-meditated pictures of things in your head. They will be what your God makes them to be regardless of what you want them to be. And do not hold idols between You and Vaheguru. Appearances do not matter, what people think of you does not matter, but Truth matters. Do not abuse Sikhi.

From all of the Saadh Sangat (including you Bhai Ji), I wish to ask for forgiveness for anything wrong I have said and all mistakes I have made.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies, I still have to add.. A bunch of these studies are also all about business and politics. Some people want studies to say cannabis is not harmful, because they want it legalized, or they have the knowledge on it’s cultivation, breeding etc, so they can make huge money, if it legalize. Some want it to say cannabis is harmful, because they have their own reasons for it, be it their monetary business, or wooing voters, whatever. Many are also worried because of it’s harmful effects on their children, on people dui etc., you catch it. Someone is very sick and cannabis increases their blood circulation, so they feel better, but the same cannabis blows up someone’s veins, because they already have too much blood pressure. It is not black and white. It is propaganda to say that cannabis never killed anyone. You may as well then say that tobacco never killed anyone. Maybe no one ever died of an overdose, but surely some part of their body broke down because of the use of cannabis and caused death.

Now, you are repeating names of these people and their interests and ideologies, because you want to believe things they are saying are all true. But you have not yourself gone the whole way, you do not know. You know whose way a Sikh of the Guru follows and who he looks to for guidance, WHO HAS GONE BEFORE HIM.. Think about all these things deeply, and also try living without marijuana for an extended period of time as soon as you get the chance. There is no hurry in calling yourself a Sikh to others, call yourself a Sikh to yourself first in full light of Gurbani.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karni Ji

Dear Blissful Sikh Jee,

Please forgive me for being another one to write perhaps in a way you will not appreciate, but I thought I should throw my two cents into this. Just a couple of points out of my personal experience, which can be worthwhile in your reflection.

First off, there is no doubt that hemp is useful as a fuel, fabric etc. However it is an invalid point for you to make here. As far as I understand, people are not fighting here against that kind of usage of hemp, but it is very clear by Gurbani and Sikh Rehat Maryada that usage of intoxicants is not the way for a Gursikh. I do not believe that Vaheguru has created anything in vain, and there must be great uses for this plant, perhaps even medicinal. If you genuinely feel like that, that is completely fine and you are free to go on your way. It is very hard for anyone to prove you any other way, because they can not be inside you and see it from your view. I am ready to go as far as to say that, if you feel so yourself, yes, you are a Sikh. But you must take a look at these things.. In general, it is unacceptable for a Sikh to use marijuana and get intoxicated, as per Gurbani and as per Rehat Maryada. You can feel and be as much a Sikh inside as possible, but you got to consider what is said before. The least you can do is stop putting up videos claiming to be a Sikh and smoking at the same time. You lose nothing by doing that. You can go on your way, but why you have to call yourself a Sikh in public then? It is enough, if you know it inside. There is no loss. Truth can not be bought, sold or taken away. You are clean like that.

BrIAY hQu pYru qnu dyh ]

bhareeai hathh pair than dhaeh ||

When the hands and the feet and the body are dirty,

pwxI DoqY auqrsu Kyh ]

paanee dhhothai outharas khaeh ||

water can wash away the dirt.

mUq plIqI kpVu hoie ]

mooth paleethee kaparr hoe ||

When the clothes are soiled and stained by urine,

dy swbUxu leIAY Ehu Doie ]

dhae saaboon leeai ouhu dhhoe ||

soap can wash them clean.

BrIAY miq pwpw kY sMig ]

bhareeai math paapaa kai sa(n)g ||

But when the intellect is stained and polluted by sin,

Ehu DopY nwvY kY rMig ]

ouhu dhhopai naavai kai ra(n)g ||

it can only be cleansed by the Love of the Name.

puMnI pwpI AwKxu nwih ]

pu(n)nee paapee aakhan naahi ||

Virtue and vice do not come by mere words;

kir kir krxw iliK lY jwhu ]

kar kar karanaa likh lai jaahu ||

actions repeated, over and over again, are engraved on the soul.

Awpy bIij Awpy hI Kwhu ]

aapae beej aapae hee khaahu ||

You shall harvest what you plant.

nwnk hukmI Awvhu jwhu ]20]

naanak hukamee aavahu jaahu ||20||

O Nanak, by the Hukam of God's Command, we come and go in reincarnation. ||20||

I hate what I am going to have to say, but I feel I have to say it. It appears to me that you have found the two coolest things in your life, which are Sikhi and cannabis, and then you have gone on to youtube to make a video on them. This is perfectly normal for a youth (and elders do it too), sometimes you really feel the need to represent what you love. What I mean is that there is no teaching in that video, no Sikhi in that video. It feels like you just wanna look cool.. "Yea, I'm a Sikh, yea, I have and smoke a lots of ganja.." But it's all just bunch of empty words and acts, you know yourself Sikhi goes much deeper than that. Benti of mine to you is that you stop with your aggressive defense and realize you might not know it all already. Like the brother/sister before said, learn about haumai, all the five thieves, and start recognizing them in yourself and try to practice humility. There is no loss in that, but all win. Now it looks to me like, in one sentence you are saying there is nothing better than Guru Ji and next sentence you seem to know better than him. There is no need for you to argue with people, if you know inside the way you are living is the right for you. There is nothing wrong with not being a Sikh too. But I tell you this is one argument you can not win.

Now, I will share a little bit about my life. When I was about your age I started experimenting with marijuana, smoking it. My first experience was like nothing, I do not think it "worked". The second time it started working.. I was feeling really strange at first, then it got really scary, almost thought I will die. But when it wore off a little, I had a great peaceful feeling. I felt really good. And from then on I started smoking, because I liked it. For some years I smoked, at times pretty intensely. I had a bunch of different experiences, some good, some bad, some even blissful, spiritual. And the spiritual experiences, they really caught me. I really wanted those spiritual experiences from marijuana and it made me smoke more. You could say I was addicted, though I really have never admitted it. But the more I smoked, the less I received those experiences and I was starting to be in a really bad shape. I started having paranoia and other psychotic symptoms, not to mention some intense pains and fevers in my body plus problems with respiration. And no more I could ever get those spiritual experiences from marijuana. Why? I suppose, because marijuana is not the giver, but Vaheguru Ji is. Marijuana is slave to Akal Purakh like You and I, like Brahma and Vishnu, like all creation, and what it needed to do to me by Vaheguru's Hukam was done. And what I was left with? I tell you - pain, worries and problems. I used to have a good concentration, i used to get lovely meditation, but in time marijuana burnt me all out. I was deprived of all my spiritual blessings and I also had more anger and ego than ever before. I could not even admit that marijuana had this to do with me, because I had held it so high, so I blamed it on people and whatnot, and I beg to God that I did not commit any extreme paaps then. By Vaheguru Ji's grace I finally stopped smoking (was not easy and although it has been relatively long, I still have some tempting thoughts every now and then) and have found life so much better as I do not have to be a slave to anything created. Back then I thought I know God and whatnot, but only afterwards I have been blessed with grace of some spiritual experiences to have some glimpses of what genuine spirituality can be. I have also found out that I have the longest way to go and that I can not own God or my Guru. One of the greatest things I have ever been taught is that Sikh, a disciple-learner, learns from everything with humility and is never ready until Akal Purakh Vaheguru Ji admits the Sikh to One's host. I hope you can catch the same essence from that as I did. But yes, you know yourself better and know your way, God willing. But I hope you understand, Ji, that I must share this experience of mine as warning, so that someone will not blindly accept this plant as God. Also, I tell you that if you ever want to quit marijuana, it is possible that you will have a very hard time (I did). It will be another time of quitting heroin, if you catch what I mean. It will probably be not AS intense (can't say, I never tried heroin), but it well can be that you will have plenty of pains and extremely bad days (I did) and you will not have your marijuana to relieve you then. Plus still to this day, I have not regained my physical fitness to the level it was before smoking. Marijuana indeed causes some changes in your physical and also psycho-spiritual bodies. This all being said, I know some people who continue to smoke it and say they love it, but there is no person in them that would come across to me as very spiritual or very sharp or to be in clear control of their lives.

One more thing.. You challenged someone to present scientifical facts on the harms of cannabis. There are plenty to be found. You can for instance type harmful effects of cannabis into google and check some links. The thing with these scientifical studies is that one claims one thing and other the complete opposite. One study checks one thing and another study completely other, small things, and then gives results to one direction or another. It is appearing to daas that a whole bunch of these scientists are just misled, in other words not checking for the full Truth, but just playing with some marbles for the heck of it. Plus some people are just saying "oh, it is scientifically proven", when they are pulling these thing out of their hats and sleeves. When the scientists check all the people in every situation, every time? Where is the science now? Everything happens according to the Hukam of Akal Purakh and every science bends to that, if it needs to, no matter what one test at one time says, or even ten at ten. So over all go into yourself, study in the light of your Guru, be aware and be open to everything. And once more I will say, from my personal experience, marijuana can make you have breathing problems, it can make you paranoid and angry and it can make you feel dull, so that you will not get a good feeling from anything but marijuana. Your body becomes addicted to it and wants it excessively, but at the same time there is at least a possibility it can not handle the side effects (100% chance in my personal study). I know in the end, marijuana started making me sick. Maybe it first healed me of something or maybe I was just healthy and it ended up making me sick because I did not need it. Guru Ji knows. By the way as a side-note, why do you think so many reggae singers have died so young? Yes, you got it, they caught cancer or a heart attack from smoking marijuana. Anyway, brother, stay unattached, do not form pre-meditated pictures of things in your head. They will be what your God makes them to be regardless of what you want them to be. And do not hold idols between You and Vaheguru. Appearances do not matter, what people think of you does not matter, but Truth matters. Do not abuse Sikhi.

From all of the Saadh Sangat (including you Bhai Ji), I wish to ask for forgiveness for anything wrong I have said and all mistakes I have made.

Some very false statements by filled with care and love...

I can't handle this Refer madness nonsense, topic closed.

(I also don't want to argue with my Singh brothers and sisters.)

Sat Nam and do your Chaupai Sahibs as much as you can! We will hit 1 million!

sMswru rogI nwmu dwrU mYlu lwgY sc ibnw ]

sa(n)saar rogee naam dhaaroo mail laagai sach binaa ||

The world is sick, and the Naam is the medicine to cure it; without the True Lord, filth sticks to it.

Amen!

You guys are right. And when I'm off Methadone I will be flying to India to Bath in the Sarovar, then learn Punjabi and learn Gurmukhi script.

Blissful Singh,

A simple question please do answer. You have mentioned you will be taking amrit soon, and your a true sikh of the guru. May I ask, at what level of respect do you keep Guru Granth Saahib jee?

Many have gave direct lines from bani but you are brushing it away like it means nothing to you .. I really dont understand brother.

To the guy calling himself BORED and replying to blissful sikh

You have accused people here of being 'ignorant' in your own words .thats very silly of you because the people posting to blissful sikh are not a cluster of outdated out of touch monks sitting in a monastery .They are people with wonderful inspiring stories of how their lives became beautiful and transformed as they got into sikhism and got baptised if you actually care to read all the posts ever written on this forum of any one person here who is advising blissful sikh to give up on cannabis .They are people who live in the same world as you and me who are exposed to all the information there is on canabis .they are people who to differing degrees have walked in the shoes of blissful sikh and are aware of other options he has and what his condition is .Sikhism is not some soft religion based on consolling someone and encouraging them to carry on taking cannabis .Sikhism gives a person a kick up his butt and asks him to live a lifestyle totally non drug based .Read the autobiography of a man called Randheer Singh(akj) or of a man called Ramaji and you wil understand the saint soldier fearless warrior like lifestyle of a sikh .

I dont understand why you give yourself an internet name of 'bored '.If you are a sikh you should know boredom and sikhism have got nothing in common .The life of a sikh is far from being bored because a Sikh lives attentively constantly in the presence of a dynamic all powerful God where things actually change every moment at the snap of a finger or less to anything that exists in this universe .The mind of a sikh is in the grip of an indwelling omnipotent/omniscient/omnipresent God hence such a person is bubbling and over flowing with the mind and intelligence ,radiance and dynamism of God every split second .

You talked about how twisted life can be for some .Thats all in the mind .You have a choice to decide if you want your life to be twisted or straight .Keep things simple and straightforward ,trust in God and truth and live in naam ,dan ,ishnan and your life will be simple .Start finding excuses and justifications for whatever you believe in and keep trying to use your mind's cunningness ,cleverness and arrogance and life gets twisted .

you have used the word ja in a sentence with the word waheguru .i hope you are not someone with a lot of mixed beliefs in one place .this is a sikh youth forum meant for those wanting to discuss about sikhism and the sikh way of solving problems and the sikh lifestyle.Sikhism has got nothing in common with rasta words and philosophy and its better not to try to twist things to suit yourself .

You also referred to blissful sikh as your brother .You dont seem to have the faintest idea what a true brother of blissful sikh would advice him .Its all well and sweet to appear soft and consoling to him but there are people on this thread who understand his condition better than you do but are not 'yes-men' ,but through their wider longer experience know exactly how he needs to challenge his inner demons without continuing to take a softy softy approach to his problems .They indeed are his true brothers because what they say will in the long term help him to totally recover from any drug addiction and be a fit strong young man in higher education soon hopefully .

So my advice is before you hit your keyboard too quickly and sympathise with anyone ,watch your words and remember that sympathy does not solve either your or anyone else's problems .Big problems require a lot of deep thinking ,an open mind and sound cures from highly skilled and experienced people ,not soft sympathy .

agree with u on sum.

i dont mean to encourage him...if thats wat it seems then i apologize. Iam against the use of substances for intoxication. anyways, i spoke out based on what i have picked up from folks i come across at my work place since i work with ppl with social issues. a dude was trying to get of meth, coke, perscription drugs etc and the way he explained to me seemed sooo scary and how impossible it was to go the other way(12 hr shift spent with this dude. lol). a cocaine addict cant just go clean like that. i don kno at wat level blissful sikh may b at (which is where i made a mistake) but it aint a quick miricle process. ill tell u right now that noone else here is or was a meth addict giving advice and i doubt many came across and sppoke to addict like i have on a daily basis. I come across many at my job...MANY. none say its a thing where u wake up 1 day and go clean. even when addicts go to hospitals or other institues to get help...the staff dont just keep em locked in a room where theres no possibility that the perosn can get a hold of drugs. the hospitals contnue to fuel there bodies with drugs and smaller the dose over time. i speak through my experince, u speak through urs. if the gov't has agreed to continue to feed them drugs as apart of the process of freeing them 1 day from these bad habits then im sure it took alot of research and smart ppl to come up with this idea. I dont agree with alot of wat the gov't does but look at it this way, most if not all gov't s are very anti-drug (war on drugs etc), but yet they allow this as part of the process. I dunno....like i said i speak through my experince, knowledge and u speak from urs. I am agaisnt drugs, Sikhi is against intoxicants, i wish blissful sikh to b drug free asap....i have agreed that blissful sikh is being ignorant to the fact that sikhi is is againnst marijuana, but i dont think he lies when he says that it cud b used for other pusposees (enviromental purposes). Im sure it cud b used for w/e reasons he points but i dont think it shud b used to get high off of. blissful sikh u say how it cud save the world, but it shud only b used for certain things....saving the enviroment etc. i think every natrual creation has a purpose, just gotta find its right purpose. Im sorry if i offended u...i shud of been more detailed with my first post to deter any misunderstanding.1

btw

i just had a second read to ur post and i see ignorance in ur speech. just as much u want to tell me i am not knowledged (which i agree), i think u r lacking sum as well.

....dont worry, i am aware of my ignorance.... actually thaat was ignorant of me 2 say just now lol

To the man who asked, I love the Siri Guru Granth Sahib with all my heart.

I wasn't brushing them off, I was just saying that in the Gurus time the world didn't need Hemp to reverse Global warming and starvation, which it does now and Hemp can for sure help (Nothing to do with smoking it.)

Thank you all for your kind words...

Boleeeeeeeee soooooooooooooooooooooooooo Nihaaaaaaaaaaaaal!