3ho's Have Lost The Plot!

soorma84

Wow Veer Jee, if you're using Cannabis instead of Methadone to overcome your Heroin addiction then that's fine and good, but I would humbly request that you don't wear a Kirpan and put videos on youtube of you doing so, and please make sure you're totally clean before you take Guru Sahib's Amrit, and that you don't take any non-medicinal drugs after that! Including Cannabis after which you no longer use it for medicinal purposes, but may still have the idea that you are.

ਮੇਰਾ ਬੈਦੁ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੋਵਿੰਦਾ ॥

maeraa baidh guroo govi(n)dhaa ||

My physician is the Guru, the Lord of the Universe.

The Guru is your Doctor, and the Naam is your medicine :D

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Veer Jee, if you're using Cannabis instead of Methadone to overcome your Heroin addiction then that's fine and good, but I would humbly request that you don't wear a Kirpan and put videos on youtube of you doing so, and please make sure you're totally clean before you take Guru Sahib's Amrit, and that you don't take any non-medicinal drugs after that! Including Cannabis after which you no longer use it for medicinal purposes, but may still have the idea that you are.

ਮੇਰਾ ਬੈਦੁ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੋਵਿੰਦਾ ॥

maeraa baidh guroo govi(n)dhaa ||

My physician is the Guru, the Lord of the Universe.

The Guru is your Doctor, and the Naam is your medicine :D

Shaheedi degh(with 5 leaves) can be taken. It is very good for digestive and nervous system. Shaheedi degh has a place in our rehit maryada but the type of sikhs we have these days, they will say "oh this is maha paap, maha manmatt". They will call a person like me bhanggii, nasherriiii, mad, hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I second that.

My dearest ''Blissful Sikh'' friend ,

Its very good that you discovered there is a thread running on this forum ,pertaining to you ,and very kind of you to have responded .I saw your entire video very carefully without havig a fit or heart attack hahaaaa .I am also proud that through the benefit of your exceelent past karmas and Guru's grace ,you have come across sikhism and consider sikhism to be beautiful ,to consider that the power and spirit of GURU NANAK is ever present and to believe in the power of god's name ,i.e Waheguru .Iparticularly love the way you say Waheguru as it seems to come from deep within your beautiful innocent soul .You are also a very very lucky guy because you are only 19 ,have gone into recovery and have an entire lifetime ahead of you to do good ,to fulfill the purpose of your birth and to be a great saint one day .

I am aware that as a white person born in a different culture of freedom of expression ,you have come across the reactions and views of many deeply religous sikhs here startled by your video clip.In your innocence you have put up a video that many will consider insulting and deragotary and you have to respect and accept that . This is because ,as you will discover, if your journey into Sikhism continues ,that in Sikhism no drugs are tolerated or required no matter what magical properties they may have .Hence your video treads on the sensitivities of a lot of inspired and blessed sikhs whose lives have been transformed beautifully through Sikhism and who really care for the image of Sikhism that is portrayed internationally through any form of media .

You derived your inspiration from the 3HO movement .This was started by a charismatic sikh man ,called yogi bajan(Harphajan Singh)who arrived in the west to heed a divine calling .I personally met and heard this man in the 70s .He was a tall towering figure ,a symbol of utter fitness and strength ,with a very loud voice and he challenged everything fericiously .He was responsible for getting a whole load of people off any form of drug dependencies ,and instead through a system of kundalini yoga and chants from sikhism he helped people to discover happiness ,holiness and healthiness .

Iwould humbly urge you to consider 2 things .This is because i can see that you are a deeply thinking person with an open mind wanting to discover the truth behind things no matter how much it challenges conventional wisdom . There are as follows;

1)The best way of living is as Guru Nanak says ,simple living .To get up in the early hours of the morning and start your day with a nice refreshing cold shower to awaken your senses ,then to meditate uopn the name of God ,i.e Waheguru in whichever way suitable to you .Then to spend sometime reading and pondering over the verses of Guru Granth Sahib ,which is THE Word and guiding wisdom of God .Then to spend your day working hard in a honest way to earn a living to look after yourself and others .Also to eat simple food which is nutritious and to always help others .Such a way of living does not require you to grow hemp plants ,or to depend on any sort of drugs .Its a way of living based on simplicity and humblesness and lovingness .Such an existence is environmentally friendly ,is not based on hatred to anyone and depending unneccessarily on things of this world .

2)Sikhism is a faith that teaches you to be completely independent .Its roots are in a concept called ''Sant Sipahi'' where life is a delicate ,intricate balance between being spiritual and physical strenth ,encompassing the both holistically .Guru Nanak whom you love ,encourages us to come into the presence of God and pray and rely on Him to empower us with physical ,mental ,and spiritual prowess ,not derive it from hemp or any other substances .

I encourage you strongly to spend a lot of time reading up loads on Sikhism . From experience ,i can humbly tell you this is the most beautiful magical thing that can ever happen in your life .From your video i can see that you are not in the best of physical shape and your lungs are affected .My humble advice is for you to join a gym ,go running everyday ,take up swimming , to drink loads of freshly squeezed orange juice ,eat raw almonds ,apples ,blue berries ,cranberries ,goji berries ,etc etc .And spend hours chanting too .You will find that by the time you are 20/21 you will look very physically fit ,very alert ,very agile ,very fast ,flexible virile and bursting with vigour .Just stop any romance you have with hemp and weed and focus on your physical,intellectual ,and spiritual development.Who knows ,in time to come you may become a baptised sikh and a great inspirer .

I am going to share with you a living story of a white guy who lives in my house . His name is Rob ,also calls himself Deepak Singh now .He is from Norway ,and a really handsome guy fancied by tons of girls because of his male model looks .This guy used to smoke weed constantly just like you besides drinking lots of guiness too and vodka etc etc etc . On his birthday with friends ,he came to my restaurant .As i always do ,i was chanting Waheguru as i prepared him a breakfast ,called FRUITY BREAKFAST which is on the menu .It was full of good fruits ,nuts ,seeds and fruity yoghurt too . As he ate it he felt a strange sense of power and purity in the breakfast and it touched him in his soul and he was on a natural high .He came

looking for a job 2 weeks later and i offered him to be a waiter .However ,unlike others ,even after work and on day offs he was always seeking my company so i felt that he needed me .

In response ,i started to spend lots time with him ,taking him out to cafes etc to just talk . I realised that his weed habit had made him weak and dependent .He told me he had even done cocaine too cple times etc etc .

I got him to move into my house ,gave him a room ,and started giving him simple sikh food like chappatis ,dall ,saaag ,matar paneer ,chole ,sabzis etc etc .Also i literally imposed a ban on him from taking any alcohol or any drugs .He agreed to this .Instead every morning i made him wake up ,took him for lattes in a nice cafe and spent hours talking to him about finding his strength in himself and in God .I let him set up a room in my house as his music studio as he does ambient electronic music . The first time he chanted Waheguru on his bed ,under my watchful presence for half an hour with his eyes closed ,he experienced a huge blue radiant light within his mind that went deep into his soul .He told me later no drug he had ever taken could have given him such an amazing powerful awesome experience .

Also i took him to southall in UK where he made friends with a sikh priest ,gyani rajinder singh of the sikh missionary society who made friends wiv him immediately and so liked him .

He bought a ton of books on sikhism(commentaries on the Japji /nitnem/lives of the Gurus/sikh philosophy/bhai gurdas translations/bhai vir singh's novels like sundri/etc/learning punjabi etc etc ).He also went sat down at the beautiful hevelock roadand park avenue gurudwaras and listening to keertan for the 1st time .Later i took him to soho road gurudwara in birmingham where he met bhai sahib there ,as well as was given a guided tower of the flat roof and dome where meditation is performed .A few weeks later it was around vaisakhi time and he attended a few sessions of an akj samagam in southhall where manpreet singh did keertan . So as you can see instead of swelling on hemp and weed instead he woke up to do something with his life and started busy himself with sweet sikhism .His story continues. When he was making music under drug influence it was all sloppy and sleepy and distorted .Now its intelligent,focussed and of real qlty .Iam encouraging him to release an album .He is finding ways of creating electronic music with sikh chants in it .Now he inspires others ,and his journey continues .My local sikh friends treat him as a sikh in all local functions and he attends keertan programmes and gurudwara etc .He sticks up for himself and discusses sikh philosophy at an equal level with other sikhs and never feels intimidated .Infact he knows lots more than a nominal sikh hahaaaaaa .

you can pm me private if you wish to take this further .

I hope you can put away any justification you may have for taking hemp /weed and instead focus on a beautiful simple living derived from the teachings of sikhism and the ever present spirit of our living Guru .

My dearest ''Blissful Sikh'' friend ,

Its very good that you discovered there is a thread running on this forum ,pertaining to you ,and very kind of you to have responded .I saw your entire video very carefully without havig a fit or heart attack hahaaaa .I am also proud that through the benefit of your exceelent past karmas and Guru's grace ,you have come across sikhism and consider sikhism to be beautiful ,to consider that the power and spirit of GURU NANAK is ever present and to believe in the power of god's name ,i.e Waheguru .Iparticularly love the way you say Waheguru as it seems to come from deep within your beautiful innocent soul .You are also a very very lucky guy because you are only 19 ,have gone into recovery and have an entire lifetime ahead of you to do good ,to fulfill the purpose of your birth and to be a great saint one day .

I am aware that as a white person born in a different culture of freedom of expression ,you have come across the reactions and views of many deeply religous sikhs here startled by your video clip.In your innocence you have put up a video that many will consider insulting and deragotary and you have to respect and accept that . This is because ,as you will discover, if your journey into Sikhism continues ,that in Sikhism no drugs are tolerated or required no matter what magical properties they may have .Hence your video treads on the sensitivities of a lot of inspired and blessed sikhs whose lives have been transformed beautifully through Sikhism and who really care for the image of Sikhism that is portrayed internationally through any form of media .

You derived your inspiration from the 3HO movement .This was started by a charismatic sikh man ,called yogi bajan(Harphajan Singh)who arrived in the west to heed a divine calling .I personally met and heard this man in the 70s .He was a tall towering figure ,a symbol of utter fitness and strength ,with a very loud voice and he challenged everything fericiously .He was responsible for getting a whole load of people off any form of drug dependencies ,and instead through a system of kundalini yoga and chants from sikhism he helped people to discover happiness ,holiness and healthiness .

Iwould humbly urge you to consider 2 things .This is because i can see that you are a deeply thinking person with an open mind wanting to discover the truth behind things no matter how much it challenges conventional wisdom . There are as follows;

1)The best way of living is as Guru Nanak says ,simple living .To get up in the early hours of the morning and start your day with a nice refreshing cold shower to awaken your senses ,then to meditate uopn the name of God ,i.e Waheguru in whichever way suitable to you .Then to spend sometime reading and pondering over the verses of Guru Granth Sahib ,which is THE Word and guiding wisdom of God .Then to spend your day working hard in a honest way to earn a living to look after yourself and others .Also to eat simple food which is nutritious and to always help others .Such a way of living does not require you to grow hemp plants ,or to depend on any sort of drugs .Its a way of living based on simplicity and humblesness and lovingness .Such an existence is environmentally friendly ,is not based on hatred to anyone and depending unneccessarily on things of this world .

2)Sikhism is a faith that teaches you to be completely independent .Its roots are in a concept called ''Sant Sipahi'' where life is a delicate ,intricate balance between being spiritual and physical strenth ,encompassing the both holistically .Guru Nanak whom you love ,encourages us to come into the presence of God and pray and rely on Him to empower us with physical ,mental ,and spiritual prowess ,not derive it from hemp or any other substances .

I encourage you strongly to spend a lot of time reading up loads on Sikhism . From experience ,i can humbly tell you this is the most beautiful magical thing that can ever happen in your life .From your video i can see that you are not in the best of physical shape and your lungs are affected .My humble advice is for you to join a gym ,go running everyday ,take up swimming , to drink loads of freshly squeezed orange juice ,eat raw almonds ,apples ,blue berries ,cranberries ,goji berries ,etc etc .And spend hours chanting too .You will find that by the time you are 20/21 you will look very physically fit ,very alert ,very agile ,very fast ,flexible virile and bursting with vigour .Just stop any romance you have with hemp and weed and focus on your physical,intellectual ,and spiritual development.Who knows ,in time to come you may become a baptised sikh and a great inspirer .

I am going to share with you a living story of a white guy who lives in my house . His name is Rob ,also calls himself Deepak Singh now .He is from Norway ,and a really handsome guy fancied by tons of girls because of his male model looks .This guy used to smoke weed constantly just like you besides drinking lots of guiness too and vodka etc etc etc . On his birthday with friends ,he came to my restaurant .As i always do ,i was chanting Waheguru as i prepared him a breakfast ,called FRUITY BREAKFAST which is on the menu .It was full of good fruits ,nuts ,seeds and fruity yoghurt too . As he ate it he felt a strange sense of power and purity in the breakfast and it touched him in his soul and he was on a natural high .He came

looking for a job 2 weeks later and i offered him to be a waiter .However ,unlike others ,even after work and on day offs he was always seeking my company so i felt that he needed me .

In response ,i started to spend lots time with him ,taking him out to cafes etc to just talk . I realised that his weed habit had made him weak and dependent .He told me he had even done cocaine too cple times etc etc .

I got him to move into my house ,gave him a room ,and started giving him simple sikh food like chappatis ,dall ,saaag ,matar paneer ,chole ,sabzis etc etc .Also i literally imposed a ban on him from taking any alcohol or any drugs .He agreed to this .Instead every morning i made him wake up ,took him for lattes in a nice cafe and spent hours talking to him about finding his strength in himself and in God .I let him set up a room in my house as his music studio as he does ambient electronic music . The first time he chanted Waheguru on his bed ,under my watchful presence for half an hour with his eyes closed ,he experienced a huge blue radiant light within his mind that went deep into his soul .He told me later no drug he had ever taken could have given him such an amazing powerful awesome experience .

Also i took him to southall in UK where he made friends with a sikh priest ,gyani rajinder singh of the sikh missionary society who made friends wiv him immediately and so liked him .

He bought a ton of books on sikhism(commentaries on the Japji /nitnem/lives of the Gurus/sikh philosophy/bhai gurdas translations/bhai vir singh's novels like sundri/etc/learning punjabi etc etc ).He also went sat down at the beautiful hevelock roadand park avenue gurudwaras and listening to keertan for the 1st time .Later i took him to soho road gurudwara in birmingham where he met bhai sahib there ,as well as was given a guided tower of the flat roof and dome where meditation is performed .A few weeks later it was around vaisakhi time and he attended a few sessions of an akj samagam in southhall where manpreet singh did keertan . So as you can see instead of swelling on hemp and weed instead he woke up to do something with his life and started busy himself with sweet sikhism .His story continues. When he was making music under drug influence it was all sloppy and sleepy and distorted .Now its intelligent,focussed and of real qlty .Iam encouraging him to release an album .He is finding ways of creating electronic music with sikh chants in it .Now he inspires others ,and his journey continues .My local sikh friends treat him as a sikh in all local functions and he attends keertan programmes and gurudwara etc .He sticks up for himself and discusses sikh philosophy at an equal level with other sikhs and never feels intimidated .Infact he knows lots more than a nominal sikh hahaaaaaa .

you can pm me private if you wish to take this further .

I hope you can put away any justification you may have for taking hemp /weed and instead focus on a beautiful simple living derived from the teachings of sikhism and the ever present spirit of our living Guru .

Vwaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vwaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Let us all praise Guru Amar Das, for he gives us hope and strength at our hardest times...

Thank you for your kind words, you don't even know how much they mean to me...

Very wonderful story. And I'm glad to hear from all of you that have been kind...

I must say though that I will continue to use Cannabis my whole life, as I believe it is the most useful fuel, medicine, plant PERIOD but that is my belief. I don't want to get into this, but if you read the book I have cited (It is free on the authors website, which can be found on google) you will understand my actions.

I also believe that Hemp will save the world from global warming, starvation etc...

I think it's only fair that you guys read "Jack Herer - The Emperor wears no clothes" before you say anything about Hemp. And I say this out of kindness, because if you are against hemp you are one of the people that is destroying earth.

I think it must be noted that I wake up every morning at 6 am for Panj Bani and Naam Simran. I usually make a habit 2-3 times a week to stay up all night and do Naaam Simran into the ambrosial hours. I am a VERY dedicated SIkh of the Guru and I don't believe that people know this. I am a VERY VERY dedicated Sikh, it just hurts me when I'm told otherwise.

Hemp WILL save the world... And I will do everything I can to spread that message...

And I know I will probably be banished for that...

I do agree though. Being sober and meditating on Naam is the pure way. The best way to be happy is to meditate on Waheguru, but when your SICK and SUFFERING you need medicine and Waheguru created Bhang for that.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Brother, if that really is you, please read what our Guru says about cannabis in Gurbani. Secondly, Guru Ji tells us that ALL pains and sickness can be cured through Naam. Please give an example in our history where Guru Ji has told someone to take drugs for their illness?

Thirdly, while some Nihangs put 5 leaves of Cannabis into their Shardaayi, they do not smoke it. Smoking anything infront of a Nihang is laible to get you decapitated - no jokes.

You call yourself a dedicated Sikh of the Guru - why not ask Guru Ji what they think of the matter and take things from there? Being so dedicated, you must have enough faith to believe they can take away all your pain, physical or mental?

Please listen to the Sangat's request and take down that video.

Maybe you should become Rastafari rather than Sikh if you are unable to stop yourself from desecrating Guru Ji's Bana and Bani?

Sorry for the harsh words, but sometimes they are neeeded.

P.S. most hemp products like food supplements, clothes etc are made from a completely different, non-intoxicating variety of cannabis.

How narrow minded can you get. I didn't know the Bhagti movement in India started by Kabir Sahib was limited to HEMP.

Don't you know we have 2 bodies. If you want to continue feeding the outer body rather than spiritual one then that's your choice. The true saints don't care about their outer body because it is false and will rot away with or without hemp.

If all the western world did more research on the inner sareer we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place :rolleyes:

How narrow minded can you get. I didn't know the Bhagti movement in India started by Kabir Sahib was limited to HEMP.

Don't you know we have 2 bodies. If you want to continue feeding the outer body rather than spiritual one then that's your choice. The true saints don't care about their outer body because it is false and will rot away with or without hemp.

If all the western world did more research on the inner sareer we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place :rolleyes:

Very true! But then again, we do need to look after what Vaheguru has given us (not that im justifying using hemp lol).

Saying that, Bhagat Farid Ji didn't care that the crows would come and bite the flesh off his body. He prayed to Vaheguru, that they leave his eyes so he may get darshan of Vaheguru. How amazing is that?

Naam is the only true 'ecstasy', the true 'drug' the true medicine.

har har naam har har jag avakhadhh har har naam har saathae ||

The Lord, Har, Har, and the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, is the panacea, the medicine for the world. The Lord, and the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, bring peace and tranquility.

Guru Raam Daas Ji

Raag Gauree

lalaa laavo aoukhadhh jaahoo ||

LALLA: One who takes the medicine of the Naam, the Name of the Lord,

dhookh dharadh thih mittehi khinaahoo ||

is cured of his pain and sorrow in an instant.

Guru Arjan Dev Ji

Raag Gauree

Pannaa 25

har aoukhadhh sabh ghatt hai bhaaee ||

The medicine of the Lord's Name is in all hearts, O Siblings of Destiny.

Forgive me if I have taken anything out of context.

Dearest Blissful Sikh Jee,

I'm glad to hear that my words meant something to you . As i said you have magically stumbled across Sikhism and that is remarkable .It must be quite unpleaant for you to suddenly realise that the 2 things that mean a lot to you dont really go hand in hand .But such is life -,where we have to make choices and sacrifices .I

Waheguru!

I didn't mean I'll continue using it, I just meant when sick or in pain as a medicine. And of course as a fuel, paper, etc...

When I'm off methadone I will be traveling to India to learn Punjabi and to do Seva! Do not worry brothers I will be ok :) .

I love you all so much you just all want the best for me, I haven't had a lot of people care for me...