What Happened To The Respect?

TruSoul

Remember when the brotherhood use to be so strong. I remember when i was at uni, id see a random Singh around campus and you would either give the little nod if they are at a distant or shake their hand. It was good, use to make my day.

But these days il see another Singh id give the nod and get blanked :blush21: ! Was speaking to another fellow Singh he said he doesnt bother no more cus hes sick of getting blanked.

Where did it goooooooo wrong ?

Well yesterday i put it to the test, seen another singh across the road, gave him " kiddha paji " and the old slute. Think he was more shocked and just gave me a cheeky thumbs up :TH: lol. Ahhh better then nothing i guess.

Think am just going to stick to it and if i get blanked am going to follow them and give them a biggggggg hug!!! .

So youv been warned, if a singh gives you the nod and you blank it.. and if your unlucky enough to do it to me, expect a great big hug in public. And you know what, i might even pick you up desi style :p lol (depends on size :D ) :D :p .

I might just be me, meeting cold hearted Singhs, but am sure its happened to others.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did that when I arrived in LEeds, being Canadian we are more friendly than the UK type.

The first few Singhs just gazed at me like what planet I am from.

Then randomly one day I met a Singh on a train, and finally met Sangat in this dreaded country

Now this dreaded country is not so dreaded.

Always Greet Singhs

Gurfateh!

aww bhajis, dnt give up on the love!!

i remember bhai balbi singh jee talking about a bangti in this katha once, a can't remember where its from (bhai gurdas jees vaaran, i think, myb sum1 can correct me), but its about when a gursikh meets another gursikh, its so beautifully written...goes sumin like when 2 sets of eyes meet, 2 pairs of hands join 2 gether 2 say fateh......the amount of piayaar between 2 gursikhs can wash away loads of sins.....

anyway, the state of the duniyaa at the moment, its easy not to show love for your family khalsa jee.....but benti not to give up! even if u do get blanked :happy: Its worth it if even if only one singh replies, cos once they see the piyaar in your eyes...you wont have to force them to hug you, theyll do it willingly! :lol:

and try smilling at strangers, lol, it has interesting effects.... :happy:

same applies to singhnia meeting singhnia, show some love behnjiya!!

stay in chardee kalaa on this journey jee!! :lol:

Gurbani says ''Hr bisret tere gun gelia' meaning ,by forgetting God ,good qualities melt away ..This is where the problem lies .Sikhi brings about warmness of heart ,a longing to love others and kiss and hug others ,as well as a feeling to reach out ,to caress and to care .But as there becomes a dhel(weakness ) ,in our sikhi ,we tend to become inward -looking ,sensitive ,shy ,selfish ,withdrawn and suspicious and weary .Guru Gobind Singh says ''Sadh samuh persan phireh jag ,shatr sabheh avlok chapengeh '' ,pointing to the fact that the true sadhus/gurmukhs wonder on earth as pleased happy ,cheerful ,radiant and loving souls .

Not only that ,in my generation after you say fateh ,you dont ask someone how you are getting on ,the weather ,etc etc .Right after you bula fateh ,you asked a question which used to be ''chardikela???'' i.e chardikela asked in a long drawn out way was posed as a question ,i.e meaning implicitly --''Are you in chardikela?'' . The normal answer in return was '' Chardikela'' ,i.e meaning '' Yes ,i am in chardikela'' . If someone replied that they were not in chardikela(dhendikela) then you gave them up a pat on the vback and reminded them that Gurujee was with them ,encouraged them to get perky again with a cold shower ,and do Naam simran ,sukhmani ,chandi di vaar ,etc etc . O man ! what a beautiful culture where people encourage others to walk with a straight back and smiley faces ,to repeat Waheguruuuuu with every breath ,where people sharpened up each other and love each other with true brotherly love .

Infact ,you never ever ever ever made anyone ever ever ever ever feel that your ''blood brother'' was closer to you than that person .Every person addressed as either Matajee ,Veerjee ,Bhenjee ,Pitajee .

These are sikhi values which must not get diluted in this materialistic world ,where the one aim of life was/should be to live in chardikela .

I was at the bus stop a while back and i see a singh walking across the road and he does a lil nod and shouts out fateh 2 me, it was hilarious for the non sikhs walking past they were confused with that he said i obviously shouted fateh back and then put my hand up in a wave lol