Around The World In 80 Faiths.

Bundha

You may have been following the interesting series - Around The World In 80 Faiths.

This week on Friday BBC2 9.00pm the presenter finally gets to the Indian Subcontinent and he will do Sikhism.

From the small clip from last week he is at Amritsar seeing how the langar is being made.

Lets just hope he does a good piece on us.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the episodes get put on to BBC iPlayer soon afterwards so can be caught on the net.

The guy who presents is an anglican priest but he is very open minded and sympathetic to all faiths and tries to find positives in all the faiths he looks at.

He did a series a while ago about faiths, went to the Kumbh mela and met up with a Hindu Sadhu. The Sadhu invited him to his ashram and when the presenter goes into this room where the Sadhue is sat .............. there is a huge picture of Darbar Sahib behind him, awesome.

Can't wait. So far it's been fascinating. Didn't watch the one about America though.

Hope he does us justice. Seems pretty fair minded from what I've seen up till now.

Just watched it on iplayer. Nice person.

But a shame that he said the belief in karma /reincarnation is the same as in hinduism as it is not.

Since Sikhs do not worship pictures or items/idols, its also a shame that there was an area where kirpans and pic of guru jee was set up as a shrine.!!

i think wat he sed was that they have a belief in karma and reincarnations just as hindu do but didnt say it was they same.

he also sed quite clearly that the sikhs were showing the same respect for the shaster that wer looked over by a pic of guru ji. he didnt say anything about sikhs worshipping pictures or idols. i thought in a shorrt amount of time he done a good job.

the singh that explained service to humanity is a way of showing devotion to god smashed it.