Around The World In 80 Faiths.

Bundha

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" its also a shame that there was an area where kirpans and pic of guru jee was set up as a shrine.!!"

Bhenji, you are refering to Sach Khand, please be more respectful.

Sach khand is the heart of any Takht - in this case, Abchal Nagar - Takht Sri Hazur Sahib - last resting place of Sache Pathshah.

In Takht Sahib Sach Khand is represented by Shashtar as it is the temporal HQ for Sikhs - where as a Gurdwara is the spiritual HQ for Sikhs - this is best demonstrated in Amritsar withSri Harimandhir Sahib and Akaal Takht - both of whih have different maryadas.

Re somone elses comment about Sikhi not being shown comrpehensively, the same was true for all the other faiths/schools also, which were completely shown in a one eyed child view.

Hopefully the scratch on the surface will create 'serious' interest in all these faith groups in the west, and inspire documentart makers to look at a specific indic school in detail.

come on guys, i'm sure everyone will say the same about their faith not having enough airtime on that show as it only gives each one 5-10 minutes. and you cant blame him for his first impressions or acting like outsiders do. anyway with the sikh channel we can make all the programmes we want so its not all bad.

Yeah i guess your right. A muslim rang me and said "Ah so your like the hindus and belive in reincarnation" But i explained it all.

He showed a lot of time to the Hindu Faith i feel, but i guess he made it look really bad showing that they eat the dead and worship a freaky scary woman who smokes weed all day (sounds like my ideal wife!!)

Oh and dont get me started about what people are gonna think about the Hindu's throwing of Cow Poo ceremony.

If you think the Sikhs are Pis*ed off on this site, then i'd love to see the Hindu formum's.

All said and done, I think India is still the most spiritual place. The gorra focused on all the wrong things really, but when he met that Sadhu when he was in the Himilayas that was amazing, and the Sadhu said some really good things (and I understood what he was saying) a pity the goora didn't go to Hemkund Sahib Ji. It would also have been nice if he had met some chardi kala Sikhs away from the hustle and bustle of the Hazoor Sahib festivities.

" its also a shame that there was an area where kirpans and pic of guru jee was set up as a shrine.!!"

Bhenji, you are refering to Sach Khand, please be more respectful.

What do you really think the REAL meaning of the word "sach khand" is.?

Do you think its where a bunch of kirpans etc are placed with a picture of Guru jee in a special enclosure???

We use the word 'sach khand' willy nilly without actually understanding the true meaning of the word!!

All said and done, I think India is still the most spiritual place. The gorra focused on all the wrong things really, but when he met that Sadhu when he was in the Himilayas that was amazing, and the Sadhu said some really good things (and I understood what he was saying) a pity the goora didn't go to Hemkund Sahib Ji. It would also have been nice if he had met some chardi kala Sikhs away from the hustle and bustle of the Hazoor Sahib festivities.

yes a pity but on the other hand he would have unknowingly promoted yatras (pilgrimages) as a nessecity which its not in sikhi.

I hate when they say Guru Gobind Singh was assassinated, because he wasn't. If you are assassinated you get killed straight away. He managed to kill his attacker and died later. And i bet those Sikhs were thinking "what is this guy on" When he was more interested in talking about dishes, and how he use to wash plates for a living or something than talking about actual Sikhi. I thought he came to learn about them, not tell them about his life story. He managed to make our religion seem really violent, when arms was only used as a last resort. Still it was a good programme though.

yeah i was taken aback with the use of the word 'assasinated' too.

I saw it. Most of it was hillarious.

Did u all see the cow dung festival bit? lol

Or the Hot coal dancing...lol

...or the weird blessing the freaky lady gave the gora by slapping him on the head lol.

Yes India sure does have the weirdest practices..

The bit about sikhs was only few minutes.

yea those rituals were crazyy, but the main thing i learnt from all these parts is how lucky we are to be Sikhs. Some really strange rituals and scary stuff.