*** Bir Ras Darbar & Rehansbhai Kirtan *** Celebrating The Khalsa War Festival "hola Mahalla"

S.I.K.H.

Bir Ras Darbar smacked it..... i was gobsmacked...

THE atmosphere was ELECTRIC

such young singhs doin the bhog of the sehej paats ... inspirational 2 say the least ....makes me wanna try harder in my jeevan and read more bani

The jaikare after the ardass were straight out of the 19th centry, - i thought i was in the khalsa army barracks - sum purataan darbar - was straight up next level man

kirtan was amazing...cant wait 4 audio....

and its always kirpa to see singhs in Guru Ji's Bana reading Guru jis bani.

the katha was informative and thought provoking,

cant wait to see more panthic programs like this one

HOLA MAHOLLA AND SANT JIS BARSI - ST SRI AKAAAAAL

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sangat jee

the special invited guest speaker was Bhai Mohan Singh of the "Sikh Awareness Society"

who we are grateful to for his support. He wasn't advertised due to his very busy and hectic schedule and seva which takes him across the length and breadth of the UK (and Panjab for two months every year).

We have at present not planned any more programs or darbars as we will be encouraging people to focus our attention towards projects that the panth is currently already involved in such as the increasing focus and attention towards 25 years since June 1984 and the Panths' Chaupai Sahib Jaap for Chardi Kalah.

please see and support www.chaupaisahib.org

Programmes and initiatives should be launched at all local gurdwarey who want to see the panth work together to fullfill the aim of 1 000 000 Chaupai Sahibs by June 2009...

Very Good , but Please not a Another Rasam Against Sikhi OF Chatka Of Coconut

Especially in Hazoori Of Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

It is not Part of Sikh Religion

Its a part of maryada wether you like it or not.

Listen to katha below, Giani Ji breaks down why Singhs do jhatka at Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji Akhand/Sehaj Paath Bhogs.

Giani Ranjeet Singh Dam Dami Taksal

http://www.g5sikhmedia.co.uk/media/events/...ia_R09_0002.MP3

The coconut and placing of pitchers and any other scripture beside SGGS Ji is in direct conflict with Akal Thakt maryada

Theres maryadas then theres Gurmat you choose,we don't need this koor kireyah Pakhand of chopping coconuts and waving laterns iam openly opposed to this,Dasam Granth cannot be put on the same level as SGGSJ , also why do the attendees there openly mix with one another?Ie: Niddar lot and Taksaal,Nanaksar and so on i thought they were opposed to niddars chele in pics of previous Darbar you see Niddars chele at the event - these guys openly say we are Hindus ,why as

At the time of Akhand Paath Sahib & Keertan/Katha Programs the following things are seen to be placed by Guru Sahib or around the Darbar:

1) Water

2) Red cloth

3) Coconut

4) Incense (dhoop)

5) Jot

6) Basket of flour

Where did this tradition come from? The truth is that while we have become Sikhs, the ways and traditions of the Brahmins have followed us.

One Sikh told us that at one place there was recitation of Ramayan going on and he saw that just like at an Akhand Paath Sahib, there was a water in a pot, topped with a coconut covered in red cloth. The pot of water was placed in a utensil filled with flour. There was also a jot and incense burning.

We asked the Pandit why all these things were placed during the time for Hindu Puja. The Pandit told us that the meaning of these things is that while doing Ramayan Paath, we are also worshiping 6 gods (devtas) together:

1) Unn Devta (god of grain)-worshipped by placing flour

2) Basantar Devta (god of fire) –worshipped by the jot

3) Devi (the Goddess)-worshipped with the red cloth

4) Ganesha-worshipped with the coconut

5) Pavan Devta (god of air)-worshipped with the dhoop (incense)

6) Rama-worshipped with the recitation of the Ramayana

By doing this, the Pandit said, 6 gods are worshipped all at once.

Now, let us reflect; we worshippers of Akaal who is without form and found everywhere but at the same time we are stuck in this manmat.

Dashmesh jee has said, “jub eh gahai bipran kee reet. Mai(n) naa(n) karo(n) in kee parteet”. Meaning, “when they (the Khalsa) go the way of the Brahmins, I will no longer put my trust in them”

When reading Bani, we should not have any sham rituals. After preparing Karah Parshad and doing Ardaas to Akaal Purakh, we should begin to fire at our mind with arrows of Bani so it can no longer run anywhere.

Yes, if there is an amrit sinchaar to be held, then water in a pot should be kept with the purpose that when the Amrit is prepared, the water can then be used.

Sangat Jee please have a deep think about these rituals they have no link to nothing just a waste of energy.