The Sikh Channel

satty2007

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how is it a physical challenge to Guru Nanak?

When i said i totally agree that Sikh channel should take responsibility, i meant that they are challenging Guru Nanak.

Guru Nanak’s principally said everybody is equal!

It doesn’t matter who or what he/she is!

I’m not a namdhari, but i dont have anything against them.

Sorry Singh you grabbed the wrong end of the stick

did he mention a dehdhari guru on TV?

Its the same as the Rababis of Guru Nanak's court, they all had their own ways to worship, yet they weren't banned from our Guru's court

or were they?

True as well. but they wer all worshipping one god in there own ways. this is fine. all should be able to worship in their own ways. guru tegh bahadur ji rightfully gave his head for this. but this channel is doing parchar of sikhi so should present sikhi lets remember this is a sikh channel for sikhi parchar.

Its the same as the Rababis of Guru Nanak's court, they all had their own ways to worship, yet they weren't banned from our Guru's court

or were they?

The issue of namdharis is completely different, they have distorted Sikh ithaas to fictiously create their "satguru" . I am sure the namdhari kathavachaks a lovely man, but he shouldnt be allowed to be on an influential sikh platform like this Tv channel

Totally agree.... Sikh Channel must responsibility. This is a physical challenge to Guru Nanak!

or were they?

True as well. but they wer all worshipping one god in there own ways. this is fine. all should be able to worship in their own ways. guru tegh bahadur ji rightfully gave his head for this. but this channel is doing parchar of sikhi so should present sikhi lets remember this is a sikh channel for sikhi parchar.

you're right, but reading the Namdhari websites, they clearly state they worship One God, or as they put it 'Akaal Purakh'.

Also taken off wikipedia:

Namdharis follow the path of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, which is the bedrock of Sikh philosophy i.e. Nam Simran (meditating on God's name), Kirat Karo (Earn thy living), Vand Chako (Share thy wealth). The fundamental core of Namdharis' religious life is Nam Simran and the word Namdhari literally translated means a "one who beholds God’s Name".

or were they?

The issue of namdharis is completely different, they have distorted Sikh ithaas to fictiously create their "satguru" . I am sure the namdhari kathavachaks a lovely man, but he shouldnt be allowed to be on an influential sikh platform like this Tv channel

If you can add proof to this quote, then please do.

Thanks

Totally agree.... Sikh Channel must responsibility. This is a physical challenge to Guru Nanak!

or were they?

you're right, but reading the Namdhari websites, they clearly state they worship One God, or as they put it 'Akaal Purakh'.

Namdharis follow the path of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, which is the bedrock of Sikh philosophy i.e. Nam Simran (meditating on God's name), Kirat Karo (Earn thy living), Vand Chako (Share thy wealth). The fundamental core of Namdharis' religious life is Nam Simran and the word Namdhari literally translated means a "one who beholds God's Name".

VaheguruJiKaKhalsaVaheguruJiKiFateh!

Jujhar Singh, I am under the impression you are of a Naamdhari background. If so, please don't be so niave to miss out the Guru Balak Singh, Guru Ram Singh, Guru Partap Singh and 'Satguru Jagjit Singh Ji' bits.

This is not maintream Sikh belief of the 10 Gurus and eternal Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. Based on that, Naamdahris are not usually allowed on Gurdwara stages (except for the Ramgharia sabha, who do so out of family loyalties).

Below is a link to a very confused website

http://<banned site filter activated>

Click on the 'Gurus' section once you enter the site and read about the extra 5 Gurus that the naamdharis preach about.

or were they?

Namdharis follow the path of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, which is the bedrock of Sikh philosophy i.e. Nam Simran (meditating on God's name), Kirat Karo (Earn thy living), Vand Chako (Share thy wealth). The fundamental core of Namdharis' religious life is Nam Simran and the word Namdhari literally translated means a "one who beholds God's Name".

Jujhar Singh, I am under the impression you are of a Naamdhari background. If so, please don't be so niave to miss out the Guru Balak Singh, Guru Ram Singh, Guru Partap Singh and 'Satguru Jagjit Singh Ji' bits.

This is not maintream Sikh belief of the 10 Gurus and eternal Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. Based on that, Naamdahris are not usually allowed on Gurdwara stages (except for the Ramgharia sabha, who do so out of family loyalties).

As I have mentioned in previous topics, I was going to do some research into the 'Namdhari' 'cult', if you will, by doing research on the internet, using books and speaking to these people, I have come to the conclusion that they are just as much Sikh as you and I. Or perhaps using the term you do 'mainstream'.

Their views may differ when it comes to Guru Gobind Singh ji and Havan's and so on, however I have been given adequate examples from Sri Dasm Granth to show why they perform these things.

However as this is SikhSangat.com, I will be banned shortly for showing an interest in different people's faith.

Before I get banned, I would like to say, do some research before you make empty claims.

Thanks

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa, Vaheguru ji ki Fateh!

Fateh ji

He didn't say nothing against sikhi or anything to promote naamdharis so whats the fuss? Gosh!

Vahegurooo

Correct he didnt! Should we then allow a prominant dera sach sauda follower to do katha on Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj or a nirankari to do a katha on 1699 vasakhi?