Taksal!

Guest _Learner_

Guest _Learner_

1st of i would just like to say that i am not jatha bashing in any way, i am asking a serious question.

I wish to go Pesh on Vasiaki in southall and i heard that the Punj were going to be Taksali. I wanted to tell the Punj that i want to keep Bibek, would they let me do that because people tell me that keeping bibek is mainly an akj thing and they may not agree with it, Help me please!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

i only agree with some kinds of babek. but those people who don't even eat from langar is a bit extreme because even guru gobind singh ate from muslim households. sometimes it seems to the point of brahmins like if a non amritdhari touches there food, it will become polluted. brahmin practice "hello". not to totally bash on babek, but there are some extremes. i want to keep babek too, meaning i want to spot eating out. i'm trying to take it gradually. its probably hardest for those living alone.

1st of i would just like to say that i am not jatha bashing in any way, i am asking a serious question.

I wish to go Pesh on Vasiaki in southall and i heard that the Punj were going to be Taksali. I wanted to tell the Punj that i want to keep Bibek, would they let me do that because people tell me that keeping bibek is mainly an akj thing and they may not agree with it, Help me please!

Even though it is a blessing when the Panj Pyaarey tell you to keep Bibek you can still keep it without their blessing.

I dont think the modern Taksali Singhs keep Bibek. The older SIngh like Sant Kartar Singh Ji did though.

i only agree with some kinds of babek. but those people who don't even eat from langar is a bit extreme because even guru gobind singh ate from muslim households. sometimes it seems to the point of brahmins like if a non amritdhari touches there food, it will become polluted. brahmin practice "hello". not to totally bash on babek, but there are some extremes. i want to keep babek too, meaning i want to spot eating out. i'm trying to take it gradually. its probably hardest for those living alone.

Bibek is important because God resides in the body, so we need to be careful about what we put in the body. Food that is made with the head uncovered properly, chugli taking place. Gurmantar not being recited is not blessed food. We cannot put such things in our body. It is completely different from Brahamnism . Brahamins only eat from their own caste. Bibekis eat from REhatDhari Gursikhs it doesnt matter what caste because they dont believe in caste.

Guest purataan_jatt

lol bibek is a nihang thing...

I thought it was Guru Ji's rehat - not tied down to jathebandi

Ik

oankar

exactly, and nihangs aren't a jathebandi, they are an army, they are the khalsa fauj from Guru ji's times.

That is why Guru ji's rehat = khalsa fauj rehit and not jathebandi rehit