Hitting Children

Guest fordcapri

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is an act of hypocrisy to hit a child for doing something wrong! Why? Because none of us are perfect either, therefore we do wrong things aswell? But do Adults expect to get hit?

Infact only perfect people are allowed to tell a person whats right or whats wrong, our Guru's were perfect, but not even they would hit their own children. Our Guru's were persecuted for doing right things, forget doing wrong.

Thats why it is important to instill the fear of Guru in them, if they disobey, Guruji himself will dish out the punishments, What right do we have to judge and dish out penalties? Only time you would hurt anyone is either to defend, the Guru, or yourself or someone else, for just causes.

I have been hit so many times, for hitting other people, in this in itself hypocrisy? I was hit for hitting someone. But they hit me to, so how are they any different? In the same way, none of us are perfect, so we can never always be right, so how dare we hit people for doing wrong? When we ourselves are wrong.

Harjeet Singh,

this is classic poncey metrosexual rubbish.

The best short term method of discipling a little toe rag brat is to give him/her a clip around the ear and keep them in line.

We are Sikhs. We are a tough people and we dont shy away from giving people a tag round the head now and again if that is what is required, especially if it is our own children. As responsible adults, we are doing our children a great disservice if we do not discipline them, using smacks if necessary.

The kind of nonsense that you are coming out with now simply did not exist 5 years ago. This is some next level dope smoking type of speech. I am all for keeping an open mind Singh, but dont keep it so open that your brain falls out!

umm veerji i agree with u perfectly but u should also see this in a psychological way sometimes kids

start thinking what the heck whatever i do they keep hitting me

like some kids take it the wrong way

i dont have the time right now to explain more but will try covering this topic later

beat them when they wake up, beat them when they have breakfast, beat them before they sleep, beat them on the toilet, beat them in public, beat them in private

it doesnt really matter, just beat them

All beating is good.

i sometimes feel that i wasnt beaten enough as a child. do you think that we should approach gurudwara committees and ask if they will run adult beating classes? i think that would help the panth move forward. on a personal note i think that cricket bats are a good way of getting beats. my neighbour's dad could have played for kenya the way he used to smack my mate with a cricket bat. ahh the good old days.

beat them when they wake up, beat them when they have breakfast, beat them before they sleep, beat them on the toilet, beat them in public, beat them in private

it doesnt really matter, just beat them

All beating is good.

i sometimes feel that i wasnt beaten enough as a child. do you think that we should approach gurudwara committees and ask if they will run adult beating classes? i think that would help the panth move forward. on a personal note i think that cricket bats are a good way of getting beats. my neighbour's dad could have played for kenya the way he used to smack my mate with a cricket bat. ahh the good old days.

Hitting people over the head lowers their IQ.

ok, so getting hit on the backside increases intelligence? please dont get too scientific, i'm just a stupid <banned word filter activated>, as i'm told. anyway back to the topic, how much beating is good beating? should it increase with age? like when i'm a grandpa should i still beat my middleaged kids? ford capri thought of a great topic, and we should do it justice by coming up with well thought out practical real-world applications of the theory.