Sikhs And Unity In The Uk

roop33

a note regarding kirpa of god. There are 4 kinds of kirpa. Unfortunately, i've forgotten 2 of them, so you'll have to be content with just the other 2. :gg:

one is knowledge on what to do, what is right what is wrong. another is SELF EFFORT. We have to make efforts. without effort, one of the 4 kirpas will not be available to us.

God is the doer of everything. Some people misunderstand this and become pacifists. Our soul is connected to god, now if the soul leaves the body what can teh body do? nothing. The soul provides the energy, teh ability to do anything.

When an act is done, results are up to god. But we must make the efforts, do the act. Also, it is good to see all virtues and benefits as coming from God, it helps to defeat haumai. But keep in mind that making Self effort is important.

Also, everything is happening according to some sort of plan. I cannot explain this intellectually. It's just that I have FELT this in a way that makes me certain of the plan's existence. This does not mean that we cannot do anything, or that we do not have free will.

If it all seems contradictory, that is because we at our level do not have the buddhi to understand it. At higher levels people can understand this paradox between free will and everything being in God's will. As it says in Japji sahib, the buddhi gets reformed at higher khands.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neehang bhaji,

I dont agree with your point about people having courage and being born to fight. If that was the case, why do we take amrit and transform ourselves from being giddars to sheres? What about the sparrow fighting the hawk? I thought that was the whole point of becoming a Khalsa.

My brother,

How many Amritdhari Singhs do you know that have taken Amrit but act like wimps, are physically weak, camp and are basically pussys?

I have heard Singhs themselves say they would run from a one on one fight, sorry but thats not what we are about.

Lets look at Palestinian kids who throw rocks at tanks, is it Amrit that makes them fight or is it courage and the act of defiance against tryanny which makes them fight? They fight in the defence of their people like the Singhs of old.

Closer to home i know of physically weak moneh who have the fighting spirit within them and will fight for the Panth anytime anyday, how do i know this because I have been through real beef with these guys and they are stand up fighters who have prem for the Panth, by just being a Amritdhari Singh it doesnt automatically make you a fighter.

In the times of 1699 when Maharaj gave the bachan of Sava Lakh Se Ek Lauron, it was a different time of blatent suppression, the Dushts were right infront of us, we had limited choices, either fight, be killed, or live under tyranny. Nowadays we are too comfortable in our lives, we dont need to fight, we can chill on our leather sofas infront of the big screen, do nitnem, go work/school/college/uni, get married, have kids, die without ever having a fight. We are wayyy too comfortable in our lives, comparing 1699 to now is a bad call.

Dont get me wrong not every single Singh out their is a <banned word filter activated>, I know of Singhs that are straight up soormeh but sadly they are the minority.

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karna if i said anything which is against Gurmat.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

yeah isnt it weird how moneh, especially the 'khalistani' ones are pretty good when it comes to fighting?

I dont think its wierd, its just heart which some people havent got

Balls and guts rather than heart.

Balls, guts, heart, same thing?

yeah isnt it weird how moneh, especially the 'khalistani' ones are pretty good when it comes to fighting?

I dont think its wierd, its just heart which some people havent got

Balls and guts rather than heart.

Balls, guts, heart, same thing?

they are a great combination. along with a sharp mind and a loving soul.

Abhyaas of Dasam Bani, Good sangat will take care of the wussification of our youth. But i think most would rather just watch tv and play video games than do something for the panth that takes more effort than complaining on a message forum.

The Way of the Samurai is found in death.

Meditation on inevitable death should be preformed daily.

Every day when one's body and mind are at peace,

one should meditate on being ripped apart by

arrows,

rifles,

spears,

and

swords.

Being carried away by surging waves,

being thrown into the midst of a great fire,

being struck by lightning,

being shaken to death by a great earthquake,

falling from thousand foot cliffs,

dying of disease,

committing seppuku at the death of one's master,

and every day, without fail,

one should consider him self as

dead.

This is the substance of the Way of the Samurai.

There is a saying of the elders’ that goes, “Step from under the eaves and you’re a dead man. Leave the gate and the enemy is waiting.” This is not a matter of being careful. It is to consider oneself as dead beforehand.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Even if a Samurai's head were to be suddenly cut off

he should still be able to perform one more action with certainty.

If one becomes like a revengeful ghost,

and shows great determination

though his head is cut off...

he should not die.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Abhyaas of Dasam Bani, Good sangat will take care of the wussification of our youth. But i think most would rather just watch tv and play video games than do something for the panth that takes more effort than complaining on a message forum.

The Way of the Samurai is found in death.

Meditation on inevitable death should be preformed daily.

Every day when one's body and mind are at peace,

one should meditate on being ripped apart by

arrows,

rifles,

spears,

and

swords.

Being carried away by surging waves,

being thrown into the midst of a great fire,

being struck by lightning,

being shaken to death by a great earthquake,

falling from thousand foot cliffs,

dying of disease,

committing seppuku at the death of one's master,

and every day, without fail,

one should consider him self as

dead.

This is the substance of the Way of the Samurai.

There is a saying of the elders' that goes, "Step from under the eaves and you're a dead man. Leave the gate and the enemy is waiting." This is not a matter of being careful. It is to consider oneself as dead beforehand.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Even if a Samurai's head were to be suddenly cut off

he should still be able to perform one more action with certainty.

If one becomes like a revengeful ghost,

and shows great determination

though his head is cut off...

he should not die.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

nice

VJKK VJKF

Sikhs are being attacked from all communities in the Uk, muslims, blacks, whites, hindus etc You always hear that a sikh has got his butt kicked etc We were once the warrior nation that saved hindu women from mughals. Where has the warrior spitit gone? We can't even fight one to one, let alone sava lakh seh ek laroun! We don't train in martial arts that are real, we have no unity within our community, what the hell is going on? Every community walks all over us, we have become a laughing stock.

Don't you think it is time that we had a jatha of 20-30 guys in every city within the UK, who will be able to generate a force by sticking together if the need arised? Don't you think we need training in all gurdwaras around the country? Don't you think we need educating in our rich sikh history in every gudwara, not punjabi classes but sikh history ?

PM if you want to.

Sorry if i have offended anyone.

VJKK VJKF

Maybe thats because they dont want to do their parents besti in, and go to jail.

how hard is it to go to jail these days, all it takes is one punch or kick, and you get 6 months in jail.

A few sikhs who I went to school with, failed all of their exams, started dealing drugs and now drive range rovers, and own their own houses and are just 21 or 22. they hand around in small gangs, and wouldnt back away from fights against blacks, whites or any other people.

IS THIS REALLY THE IMAGE YOU WANT???

Mots of my mates dont have fights because they are well educated and know the difference from right and wrong, but if there was a cause worth figthing for, as a last resort, then we could get numbers together, especially in the handsworth area

good point, extremely good point and plus what way are sikhs being bullied, i read an article of how the shere punjab in england destroyed the paki gangs http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/internati...-round-2-a.html

the only problem i heard that the sikh community was having from other community's was sikh girls dating muslims in england, and believe me the gang stuff aint' goign to make that stop cause in canada their alot of sikh girls in canada who are dating muslims