Sikhs And Unity In The Uk

roop33

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a quick look at this thread I have to say a lot of it is complete 'rubbish' as you english say. Sikhs in say Canada do not have these issues, on either the West or East Coasts. And from someone who has no connection to the UK, my perception of UK Sikhs is that "they get beat up by Muslims". A very basic assumption, but what can I say this is the perception of UK Sikhs.

All this talk about losing our gene pool etc. is nonsense, Sikhs in Canada and even the U.S are respected, and do not get roughed up by anyone. A few cases in the U.S maybe, but that is just because of the lack of Sikhs in population relative to the country.

As the kids say, over here we "run s***" for the most part.

EXACTLY!!!

I can't believe people are even questioning our gene pool. Where I am from, majority of Punjabi males are over 6 feet tall and weight about 180-200 lbs. I don't understand where this gene pool talk is coming from.

USA Sikhs face the same problems like UK sikhs.

none of you british or canadian sikhs have been challenged(not this generation atleast), living in a place with 500,000+ apne is easy.

There are about 300,000 Sikhs living in Canada overall. In Toronto, Sikhs don't make up majority of South Asian community. In fact, I believe Muslims make up majority of South Asian population in Toronto. But yet none of them wouldn't have the balls to start a war against us Punjabis.

Punjabis are a naturally athletic people. Last year back in pind, all the lads had six packs and did training (dand, bethkan, shapateh, sprints and rope climbing)

However, I wouldnt say that Punjabis are particularly big - they are about average and probably smaller when compared to goreh and kalay. A study in 1988 comfirms this:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3190178...Pubmed_RVDocSum

Average height was 170.4cm and average weight was 54.5kg. The average body types were endo-ectomorph and meso-ectomorph which basically means slim but athletic.

I think that this whole idea that Sikhs used to be some kind of huge bodybuilder type race as portrayed in some of these 'Sikhi Art posters' is a huge exaggeration. More likely than not, they had very fit, lean and sinewy type bodies, resulting in great endurance and speed, rather than being bulky monsters. Sikhs were usually bigger than most of the other Indians though.

Punjabis in Canada and America are naturally bigger because of diet and emphasis on bodybuilding etc

Remember though being good at fighting isnt all about how big you are, its about how well trained and clever you are.

Pakiz in the UK are about the same size as Punjabis (although they were smaller in my dad's generation). Most of them are not particularly 'harder' than Sikhs, but they can be nasty and dangerous and have no qualms about putting a shank in your ribs from behind. They also outnumber Sikhs by like 50 to 1 and always live and hang around in large groups and stick together. They are bullying gang-bangers and can smell weakness from a mile off, like a pack of wolves.

If you ever end up in a fight with them you will have to be completely ruthless because the only thing they respect is pain.

Personally, I cant see any point in going out and trying to fight them because we will probably lose. We are better off keeping out of those situations and privately doing training and martial arts so that we can defend ourselves, our families and our Gurdwaras as a last resort, if we have no other choice.

none of you british or canadian sikhs have been challenged(not this generation atleast), living in a place with 500,000+ apne is easy.

Another thing that distinguishes Sikhs in the UK is that by and large they do not congregate together in one area like Canada, although there are a few exceptions. One half-caste girl recently said to me that Sikhs like upward mobility and this means that many will try and move into affluent white areas given a chance. This sort of fragments the community geographically whereas Pakistanis tend to form tight knit communities and stay together - call it a ghetto or whatever.

I know Sikhs of my generation (indeed all "asians") were challenged severely in the 70s and 80s. They met the challenge well. One opinion on what has happened since is that with multiculturalism being pushed really hard over the last few decades, many Sikhs do not see themselves as part of a wider Sikh community and hence do not think it neccesary to form close ties. They have become suburbanised. This has positives as well as negatives.

Seeing as things may be changing in Britain, time will tell what their fate will be:

http://www.orange.co.uk/news/topstories/24...ocainesmuggling

So a Canadian Sikh took on 4 Muslims at same time?

no, he thought they wouldnt fight. then they battered him. then he ran off back to canada. pretty simple if you read the article.

Anyway, Punjabi-Canadians can easily beat crap outta British Asian (sikh, muslim, hindu etc...).

A lot of British Asian males are small (not too many 6 feet+ British Asian) while majority of Punjabi Canadian males are over 6 feet tall. If you don't believe me, then ask anyone who has been to Canada.

i'm sorry but now you sound like those gimpy hindu punjabi canadians who get all their battles fought by sikhs. stop spreading hate. i've been to canada and i couldnt stop laughing. most people view canadians dimly in the rest of the world, that now seems to apply to both the white and sikh population there.

There's more Sikhs in UK than in Canada. The reason why Punjabi Canadians aren't challenged anymore because people fear us. Sadly, Punjabi Canadians got a bad/violent rep due to Punjabi street gangs and Air India bombing.

there are 278,000 sikhs in canada. there are 380,000 sikhs in britain. canada has a population of 33 million. britain has a population of 64 million. go and do the maths. also sikhs are more spread out in britain. if we concentrated ourselves in 2 minicolonies then we would 'run ****' as you lot say.

EXACTLY!!!

I can't believe people are even questioning our gene pool. Where I am from, majority of Punjabi males are over 6 feet tall and weight about 180-200 lbs. I don't understand where this gene pool talk is coming from.

USA Sikhs face the same problems like UK sikhs.

its part of epigenetics. have a look on wikipedia or a proper textbook. genes is not all about height and weight, study a bit more about it. i was going to go into a lengthy explanation with an analogy but most people wont get it and just accuse me of this or that so i wont bother.

There are about 300,000 Sikhs living in Canada overall. In Toronto, Sikhs don't make up majority of South Asian community. In fact, I believe Muslims make up majority of South Asian population in Toronto. But yet none of them wouldn't have the balls to start a war against us Punjabis.

http://www.torontomuslims.com/thinking/muslimsincanada.asp

^worrying trends. its only recently musis have outpopulated you. it wont be long before they use those numbers. oh well.

Don't blame your genes.

http://www.consciousmedianetwork.com/members/blipton.htm

Conquer your mind, Conquer the world.

no one ever said genetics is the sole cause of anything in your life. thats just dumb to believe. epigenetics explains how it works, and the the guy you mentioned is just getting fame and money off people's simple beliefs and lack of understanding of how science affects our lives.

Also why do i feel so much animosity from our canadian brethren? were we not from the same stock 50 years ago? are we not still the same? in times of trouble we will only have each other!

Guest confusingh

I'm 6 foot plus, but size doesn't really matter I've seen some big bandhay get their heads kicked in by small guys, so don't know how thats come in to play in this thread, but if you train to fight and better your techniques to harm people you will be able to hurt people more within a fight situation, Boxing and weightlifting to enhance strength were the sports of choice for me.

There isn't any unity within Sikhs in the UK because money singhs claim us Gursikhs try and take moral high ground and think that they aren't Sikhs, and Gursikhs say that money are manmukhs and don't practice Sikhi at all, and there are many more monay than Gursikh in the UK, fact. Also, even within Gursikhs, look at how many people have different views of Sikhi and each one of them claim to be exclusively correct, AKJ, Taksali, Singh Sabha and the 100 more jathas set up for exactly the same reason, therefore the community is further divided. Quite dumb of the community really, Sikhi preaches universal brotherhood.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Guest confusingh
Punjabis are a naturally athletic people. Last year back in pind, all the lads had six packs and did training (dand, bethkan, shapateh, sprints and rope climbing)

However, I wouldnt say that Punjabis are particularly big - they are about average and probably smaller when compared to goreh and kalay. A study in 1988 comfirms this:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3190178...Pubmed_RVDocSum

Average height was 170.4cm and average weight was 54.5kg. The average body types were endo-ectomorph and meso-ectomorph which basically means slim but athletic.

I think that this whole idea that Sikhs used to be some kind of huge bodybuilder type race as portrayed in some of these 'Sikhi Art posters' is a huge exaggeration. More likely than not, they had very fit, lean and sinewy type bodies, resulting in great endurance and speed, rather than being bulky monsters. Sikhs were usually bigger than most of the other Indians though.

Punjabis in Canada and America are naturally bigger because of diet and emphasis on bodybuilding etc

Remember though being good at fighting isnt all about how big you are, its about how well trained and clever you are.

Pakiz in the UK are about the same size as Punjabis (although they were smaller in my dad's generation). Most of them are not particularly 'harder' than Sikhs, but they can be nasty and dangerous and have no qualms about putting a shank in your ribs from behind. They also outnumber Sikhs by like 50 to 1 and always live and hang around in large groups and stick together. They are bullying gang-bangers and can smell weakness from a mile off, like a pack of wolves.

If you ever end up in a fight with them you will have to be completely ruthless because the only thing they respect is pain.

Personally, I cant see any point in going out and trying to fight them because we will probably lose. We are better off keeping out of those situations and privately doing training and martial arts so that we can defend ourselves, our families and our Gurdwaras as a last resort, if we have no other choice.

True say, had a fight with some pakistani guys, generally they are disliked because of their extremist views and underhand tactics, my mate ended up gettind stabbed in his thigh quite close to a vein, and although we battered them in Manchester when we saw them on other ground with like 1000 more bandhay it wasn't the same circumstances, we could only fight our way out of the situation, not fight to inflict pain if that makes sense. Was young then, never used to think things through and used to think quite extremely and irrationally like alot of the young brothers posting on this forum, keep your JOSH but dont lose your HOSH singho!... if we keep both we are a force!

keep your JOSH but dont lose your HOSH singho!... if we keep both we are a force!

That's good stuff man!

no, he thought they wouldnt fight. then they battered him. then he ran off back to canada. pretty simple if you read the article.

Point is that he fought back. I am sure if it was an UK sikh, then he would have ran away from muslims and left the girls there alone.

i'm sorry but now you sound like those gimpy hindu punjabi canadians who get all their battles fought by sikhs. stop spreading hate. i've been to canada and i couldnt stop laughing. most people view canadians dimly in the rest of the world, that now seems to apply to both the white and sikh population there.

Hindu Punjabi? What a cheap shot! You mean Sikhs as in Singhs or Monas? When I say Punjabis, I am talking about monas here.

Anyway, I don't know what part Canada you visited, but if you came to Toronto (especially Brampton) you wouldn't find too many small and weak Punjabis.

BTW, Canadians are view dimly by the world? Lol

Obviously the world never watch Ice Hockey or Canadian football before. But then, who cares what rest of world think about us. I am sure if you were to ask NATO about Canadian troops, they'll say nothing but praise them.

there are 278,000 sikhs in canada. there are 380,000 sikhs in britain. canada has a population of 33 million. britain has a population of 64 million. go and do the maths. also sikhs are more spread out in britain. if we concentrated ourselves in 2 minicolonies then we would 'run ****' as you lot say.

There's actually 750,000 Sikhs in UK

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/318934.stm

Anyway, you can find Sikhs all over Canada. Besides, Southall and Birmingham (plus areas around Birmingham) have a very large Sikh population. So you can't use that excuse for your weaknesses.

http://www.torontomuslims.com/thinking/muslimsincanada.asp

^worrying trends. its only recently musis have outpopulated you. it wont be long before they use those numbers. oh well.

Muslims have always outnumbered us, but yet, they never dare to touch us. In fact, most of them always suck up to us every time they get into fights. Come to Mississauga and see what I am talking about here.

Also why do i feel so much animosity from our canadian brethren? were we not from the same stock 50 years ago? are we not still the same? in times of trouble we will only have each other!

We are not same people! Sikh Canadians are usually made up by Jatts who came from straight from pind unlike UK Sikh community where there is mix of non-jatt and jatt Sikhs who came from urban India and Africa.

To people who said height doesn't matter when comes to fight: you guys are right. The point I was making was physically, we are not weak people. Our gene pool isn't bad what some of posters here were making out to be.

Also why do i feel so much animosity from our canadian brethren?

Because you guys are ruining our rep. If a person was reading these threads on this website, he/she will actually think Sikhs are weak and Sikh girls are w*****s because the things going down in UK Sikh community.

You guys have disgrace Sikh community. Everytime I go onto social desi website, I always read how UK Sikhs are weak and how they get their butts kicked by muslims, blacks, whites and even hindus. Because of you guys, people assume non-british sikhs are weak as well, which isn't true at all.