Sikhs And Unity In The Uk

roop33

Gurbrakaal,

Excellent post, Veer ji. I agree with everything that you have posted except this:

Islam is not the problem. Being educated will automatically turn you away from that religion.

I've seen a few very well educated people trapped by the double-speak and cult techniques of recruiters for Islam and other religious ideologies. Education, strong self-confidence and knowledge of Sikhi does not mean that one becomes immune to such brainwashing.

The only real preventative is to keep sangat of Gursikhs, be involved in your community and your family so that you have a support system in place, and share your concerns with them when it is necessary. (This is in addition to regular bhagti.)

I would also recommend some reading about cult recruitment techniques and brainwashing, if only to be able to recognise such behaviour and to get out of there if you detect them.

Regards,

K.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HSD,

Can you give an executive summary on genetics so that we can better understand it?

Cheers

genetics is such a wide topic it would take a semester to teach you, so it would be hard to give an 'executive summary'. but i can at least explain why i mentioned genetics earlier.

imagine its the dawn before the battle of Gujrat. the sikh forces are outnumbered and the rest of the sikh army is too far away to rescue them. some sikhs think 'sod this, i'm going home, we lost the war' and off they go. other sikhs say 'bloody goreh invading my country, i'll fight to the last to protect my religion, culture and nation' and stay to fight the battle. its a defeat and most of the sikh soldiers who stayed are wiped out. those who fled though were more likely to survive. so who gets to pass their genes onto the next generation? the tens of thousands of brave men who died in the two wars on the battlefield or the ones who fled in the dark? the british launch a shoot to kill policy on all akhalis and khalsa officers after the war ends. why is this? to prevent decent organisation of resistance and to prevent what they knew being passed onto the next generation.

next is the indian mutiny. do you think the cowards from the anglo-sikh wars want to fight? of course not, they want to preserve their lives and prefer their wife's embrace to cold nights, marching and bloodshed. epigenetics says that consequences of events in one's life are passed on subconciously to the descendants. more sikhs die in the mutiny fighting for the british. their children have no fathers. they grow up with no chance of learning what their father and his grandfather and so on knew. the children who's fathers run rather than fight are more likely to do well as they have a more complete family unit and are influenced by their father's life experience.

the social structure in punjab begins to change. a martial minority who once ruled all are now just farmers and imperial policemen. once each village was a minifort, each gurudwara a citadel, each home had men and women trained in the art of war with the relevant weapons. now, the british have levelled the village defences and plundered the weapons. the khalsa has no teeth. those with some martial spirit end up in the british indian army and fighting wars all over the place. the not so martial sikhs are running businesses and getting up to other stuff.

WW1 and WW2 start and finish. thousands more sikhs die. more children grow up without fathers where as the ones who stayed get more power in their hands (an interesting parrallel is the change in roman society during the Punic wars). then there is partition. after all the fighting we did to keep the british out, and then all the fighting we ended up doing for them, it all seems pointless as sikhs still end up losing out. in post-independence east punjab there is general apathy for fighting as it seems it doesnt work. there are no sikh leaders who know what there doing. its become ingrained in people that fighting doesnt work as we lose and the leaders are corrupt. in 84, we realise that things have got so bad we need to fight. but after a century of war and death coupled with no way of raising decent leaders we find ourselves in a desperate position. as a result a lot of the panth turns the other way and try to keep their heads down until the war is over, due to preconditioned attitudes and subconcious thoughts.

the above may not make sense to some of you. others think its too pessimistic. but there is always a good side to science. what our enemies do to us also applies to them. we killed indira gandhi, so the hindustanis couldnt be led by her. if we had got her earlier, her son may not have got to the position of power he did. if we wipe out the rss leadership, they cant replace them. they can try, and every day the rss footsoldiers learn a little more from their leaders and are closer to being able to think for themselves. but like i said if we take out our enemies we will break their will and pacify them like they try to do to us.

also we know the problems the panth faces. leaders can be raised and taught. people can learn martial arts and soldiery. we can create institutions to pass on what we know to the next generation. a nation can be given hope. epigenetics works in a positive way too. but it involves us laying the foundations for the coming generations. so thats why i mentioned genetics earlier, but maybe i didnt make it clear: its not the only reason we face these problems. just one of the reasons.

IT doesnt matter if u from the UK, from Canada, from the ATL,etc... as long as youre a Sikh who trains and does paath, trust me, noone can %$#@ with you. thers no diff between canadian punjabi or Uk punjabi, or Antarctica Punjabis, we are all Sikhs. I bet if the UK Sikhs unite, they can easily be a force to be reckoned with. Whetehr u live in any country it duznt matter. UNITED SIKHS ALWAYS COME OUT VICTORIOUS! now take it easy...

very interesting

My dad once said that 'we lost our best blood in 84'

His statement makes some sense in the analogy you have provided.

yeah he's right to a point. with sant ji and general shabeg singh dead it was hard for the movement to recover. bhindranwale could mobilise the masses and was a godsend as a religous leader. shabeg singh knew the hindustani war machine inside out and helped to plan the defence of the golden temple. if he had survived the 84-93 war would have been very different. as they both were killed, it was up to the panth to replace them - but there was no one of their calibre. yes, some people were good leaders but on a local level rather than what those two could have done.

Your talking like thats it! The hardest and best military minds have gone. Think we need to take it apon ourselves to make sure we develop our kids to have that lost spirit.

There wont be 1 or 10 there will be 100's if not 1000's of great leaders.

lol read all my posts and the ones on the 'fall of elam' thread, i dont think the best minds have gone. there are tens of thousands out there who could be army officers, honourable politicians, sants, honest businessmen, scientists etc but they dont know it and life wont give them the opportunities to find out. that is what we need to change - give them every opportunity, protect them from the things that poison their minds and hinder there development, and give them hope. i would also like to add that general shabeg singh's personal story is a great inspiration: a brilliant mind who took every opportunity life offered and he knew the importance of trying hard. he was also well educated and developed a wide range of qualities - something the youth today could try and emulate.