• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

polictics and religion never goes along.. like water and oil..  rolleyes.gif

sgreed with SonofGuruGobindSinghji!

Oil and water don't combine - but they go side by side :umm:

I agree with AmaN Veer jee

every Sikh ahs the DUTY to kick someone out if they go against maryada

but if it was a commity thing, then

a - why is it being discussed in the Gurdwara - is it some kind or parliament?

b - they have no right to kick him out unless he goes gainst any Marayda of the GURU

bhukll chukk maaf

GurFAteh

these committe pplz think they are such gursikhs that whatever they do is right. they used to be all united in the beginnin then they split into groups cuz they started havin opposin views. some pplz want to make a new langar hall cuz the old one is crappy and the other party in opposition has decided to not let any of their ideas pass in the commitee meetings. they need a certain number of votes to pass an idea but the oppostion doesn't show up to meetings so they never get enough votes to do anything.

its all stupid stuff :umm: :D @

same things are happening in every gurdwara... this is happening in cleveland too and the gursikhs are trying to kick the monay out of the committee that they have such a strong hold on. Please watch out for a huge post on here w/ pictures and everything of various incidences in the gurdwara. Including police...

since u mentioned police gsingh ji, that reminded me of something else...

basically all gurdwaras in california (as far as i know) have had police come, have had actual physical fights, have had shootings :umm: @ :D @ :( @

gurdwara is guru ghar but i don't see it like that anymore. gurdwara is a place of politics, kursi, being choudry, apna hukam chalona, fighting over stupid issues, no unity, no compromise, my way or the highway ideology, wacko.gif and etc. i thought gurdwara was a place of peace where u could go listen to paath and get some shaanti in ur mind, but instead i go and hear ppl doin chugli about pplz, talkin about stupid problems in their lives, and i hear nothin of the paath and achieve no shaanti at all. instead i come home with mind full of gossip that was overheard. :wub: @

i'm sorry if i offended anyone who finds going to gurdwara enjoyable. i only enjoy going to gurdwara on that rare occasion where ther

e is an excellent keertan jatha that has a story that keeps the hall silent.

VJKK VJKF

Hey Satpreet

I know where ure comin from. Been thru the same thing. But can i ask, what r u doing to change the wrong things that are happening in the Gurdwara? I think if things are happening ure not happy with, u need to try ure best to change it. Its just as much YOUR duty as it is the commitees duty. The fact that the Gurdwara is still standing must mean the commitee is doing something right. Dont gemme wrong, i have had my rifts and rows and fights with commitees enuff but in the past year or so i realised that if nething is worth changing, its worth doing urself. People are speaking in darbaar hall, ask them to be quiet please and explain why. People are gossiping? Make them aware of their errors. Put up signs everywhere in the local languages so people see them. Dont be fasty to people and dont backchat - mix in with the sangat and tell them not to commit sin, especially on Gurdwara premises. Make them aware. Thats what sangat is... u help each on this walk of life. Dont just stand by n watch - if people wont listen, then gather support and TELL them that we are Sons and Daughters of Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Jee, and we will not tolerate any badnamee coming to our Guru. It works. Trust me... it works.

Dont forget - nething is possible when you have Guru Gobind Singh Jee as your father.

o yeah GSINGH it reminds me.

along time ago, there were elections at the gurdwara on east park road. anyway a Granthi supported one party walked by a group of women who supported another party. the 2 began to fight. it was that bad eventually one women got her maala out as though she was spinning it like a chain.

the granthi was summoned to the committee wale meeting. as he had his bisthi done, he was kicked out from the comitee. obviously he left the gurdwara. he is now a granthi elsewhere.