Baba Nand Singh Ji

If possible, can some one please expand on what I have bolded in the above statement.

Jug Jug Satgur Dhereah avtaara. The word avtaar is composed of two words, av(downwards) and taar(passage) refers to the descent of God in his transcendental form into this mundane world. The supreme Lord takes avtaar in every Juga.The reason for the Lord to take avtaar is clearly has beeb clearly stated - Jab Jab Bhereah Arisht Apara Tab Tab Dheh Tharat Avtaara. Whenever spirituality begins to decline, the Lord himself takes avtaar in the world to save mankind. Param Purakh Paavan Sadah Aaph Pargat Ho Aae, Aaph Pargat Ho Aae Din Racaha Keah Karan.

I didn't know that our Gurus could transcend into avtaars because Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the embodiment of Gurus and IS the Guru.

Slightly confused... help a brother out!

Veer Ji you are right Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is our Guru and is the Avtar or Akal Purakh. Dont let fabricated stories confuse you.

Shastr- I think the pangti you provided the word sant refers to Guru Sahiban meaning Guru Sahiban ( Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji) and Raam ( God) are one, do not doubt that this.

Matheen I 100 percent agree with what you said. I do get upset when people write books and make up stories. If this post was about someone else I would not get upset. But since it was about Baba Nand SIngh Ji someone I highly respect I got upset. I would get just as upset if people said false things about Sant Isher Singh Ji ( Rara) <, Sant Attar Singh Ji ( mastana) , Bhai RANDHIR siNGH jI, or any other Gurmukh I respect.

Sukhdeep Singh, It appears you seem to ignore gurbani still beating around bushes and follow your own mat how gurmukhs which are humans need sleep and its impossible to function without sleep for so long.

I want you to read gurbani quotes and tell us what you think?

again quotes from gurbani, I ll bold for it you:

guramukh a(n)thar sehaj hai man charriaa dhasavai aakaas ||

Within the Gurmukh is intuitive peace and poise; his mind ascends to the Tenth Plane of the Akaashic Ethers.

thithhai oo(n)agh n bhukh hai har a(n)mrith naam sukh vaas ||

No one is sleepy or hungry there; they dwell in the peace of the Ambrosial Name of the Lord.

naanak dhukh sukh viaapath nehee jithhai aatham raam pragaas ||16||

O Nanak, pain and pleasure do not afflict anyone, where the Light of the Lord, The Supreme Soul, illuminates. ||16||

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=5478

First accept gurmat based on above gurbani quotes that gurmukh in dasam dvar avastha can by pass all the sleeping needs regular human face instead of taking scientific/logical/rational kala afghana type approach then i can try addressing your other doubts on this.

Sukhdeep Singh, It appears you seem to ignore gurbani still beating around bushes and follow your own mat how gurmukhs which are humans need sleep and its impossible to function without sleep for so long.

Within the Gurmukh is intuitive peace and poise; his mind ascends to the Tenth Plane of the Akaashic Ethers.

No one is sleepy or hungry there; they dwell in the peace of the Ambrosial Name of the Lord.

O Nanak, pain and pleasure do not afflict anyone, where the Light of the Lord, The Supreme Soul, illuminates. ||16||

First accept gurmat based on above gurbani quotes that gurmukh in dasam dvar avastha can by pass all the sleeping needs regular human face instead of taking scientific/logical/rational kala afghana type approach then i can try addressing your other doubts on this.

Singh Ji that beautiful shabad you provided refers to Sach Khand. When the atma leaves the body and reaches Sach Khand through the Dasam Duar ( 10th plane) there is no reason for food and sleep there. THis is a state Mahapursh reach when doing Naam Abhyiaas its not a state they are in at all times. Because obviosuly when doing wordly chores there atma is still in their sareer.

I think its unfair to label my understandng as kala afghana type. Im questioning contradicting stories that people make up about Baba Ji. For example they say Baba Ji did not eat sleep, yet they say Baba Ji said people should offer food to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Guru Sahib resides in Sach Khand where there is no need for food or sleep, why offer food then? ALso, why does Guru Ji need food if Baba Ji didnt? These are very contradicting statements/stories that should be questioned with reason. God gave us reason to prevent people from fooling us. There is a time to use reason, and in these cases it is important to use.

Singh Ji that beautiful shabad you provided refers to Sach Khand. When the atma leaves the body and reaches Sach Khand through the Dasam Duar ( 10th plane) there is no reason for food and sleep there. THis is a state Mahapursh reach when doing Naam Abhyiaas its not a state they are in at all times. Because obviosuly when doing wordly chores there atma is still in their sareer.

I think its unfair to label my understandng as kala afghana type. Im questioning contradicting stories that people make up about Baba Ji. For example they say Baba Ji did not eat sleep, yet they say Baba Ji said people should offer food to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Guru Sahib resides in Sach Khand where there is no need for food or sleep, why offer food then? ALso, why does Guru Ji need food if Baba Ji didnt? These are very contradicting statements/stories that should be questioned with reason. God gave us reason to prevent people from fooling us. There is a time to use reason, and in these cases it is important to use.

In the recording of sulemans ghost, suleman states that sant isher singh jee rara sahib, baba nand singh jee and baba attar singh jee were the same jyot as guru nanak dev jee - aka brahmgyanis - there jyot had/is emersed with that of vaheguru, therefore this topic should be cleared up.

Exactly Guru Sahib resides in his humble servants. Thus this does not mean he choses one particular individual and comes as an avtar. These statements are blasphemy. Guru Sahib resides in his humble saints regardless of their particular group ( Rara Sahib, Nanaksar, AKJ) I doubt that Bhai Randhir Singh Ji , Baba ISher Singh Ji ( Rara), or Baba Nand Singh Ji distinguish any differerence among themselves. They only see and know Waaheguru. They have no indvidual personality. Its quite disrespectful to give these Gurumukhs a personality that is seperate from Guru Ji. Therefore, I dont think we should be making distinctions between any of these saints .

In the recording of sulemans ghost, suleman states that sant isher singh jee rara sahib, baba nand singh jee and baba attar singh jee were the same jyot as guru nanak dev jee - aka brahmgyanis - there jyot had/is emersed with that of vaheguru, therefore this topic should be cleared up.

Exactly Guru Sahib resides in his humble servants. Thus this does not mean he choses one particular individual and comes as an avtar. These statements are blasphemy. Guru Sahib resides in his humble saints regardless of their particular group ( Rara Sahib, Nanaksar, AKJ) I doubt that Bhai Randhir Singh Ji , Baba ISher Singh Ji ( Rara), or Baba Nand Singh Ji distinguish any differerence among themselves. They only see and know Waaheguru. They have no indvidual personality. Its quite disrespectful to give these Gurumukhs a personality that is seperate from Guru Ji. Therefore, I dont think we should be making distinctions between any of these saints .

Actually Bhai Randir Singh (a very highly spiritual person) did not accept Raagmala for the majority of his life, until he met Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh Ji Bhindranvale. There he admitted his mistake. (Proof; Damdami Taksal)

Baba Nand Singh Ji was true nirankar, Guru Nanak Dev Ji avtar. He was above everyone.

Singh ji, why can't they be in that state at all times? I have heard of non-Sikh (Hindu) ascetics to be in samadhi for months, yet from outside they appear to be awake and normal, but from within their avastha is in samadhi. To the world they appear like ordinary but they are not in their sensual "senses" as they are ikk-mikk with Vaheguru. If non-Sikhs can achieve that, I am more than sure Gurmukhs can as well. Bhai Sahib Bhai Rama Singh ji and Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindranwale visited Sachkhand several times even before leaving their mortal bodies. Sachkhand is where Vaheguru resides, and Vaheguru is inside us. We need to "go inside" to get Sachkhand. That is how I understand it. One has to reach Sachkhand while being alive. That is what takes one there after physical death. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Actually Bhai Randir Singh (a very highly spiritual person) did not accept Raagmala for the majority of his life, until he met Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh Ji Bhindranvale. There he admitted his mistake. (Proof; Damdami Taksal)
There will always be a never-ending debate on this matter which won't have any conclusion.

If possible, can some one please expand on what I have bolded in the above statement.

Jug Jug Satgur Dhereah avtaara. The word avtaar is composed of two words, av(downwards) and taar(passage) refers to the descent of God in his transcendental form into this mundane world. The supreme Lord takes avtaar in every Juga.The reason for the Lord to take avtaar is clearly has beeb clearly stated - Jab Jab Bhereah Arisht Apara Tab Tab Dheh Tharat Avtaara. Whenever spirituality begins to decline, the Lord himself takes avtaar in the world to save mankind. Param Purakh Paavan Sadah Aaph Pargat Ho Aae, Aaph Pargat Ho Aae Din Racaha Keah Karan.

Thank you for your reply. I do understand the concept of Avtaars.

I also recognise the existence and need for Mahapurkh Sants & Brahmgianis and that Guru Ji says that they should be given the utmost respect.

What I'm confused about is that, if I'm not mistaken, it has been stated that Baba Nand Singh ji is an avtaar of Guru Ji.

Is this correct?

I didn't know that our Gurus could transcend into avtaars because Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the embodiment of Gurus and IS the Guru.

Slightly confused... help a brother out!

My pyara veer ji,

This is absolutly correct - Baba Ji was a Avtaar of Guru Nanak Dev Ji. There is no doubt about it. Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the Guru and yes, is an embodiment of the Gurus aswell, but Guru pyare still get the darshen of Guru Gobind Singh Ji seperatly from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji dont they? Than than Sant Baba Nand Singh Ji was a Form - a Nit Avtaar of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, and there are also other types of Avtaar, a Guru Avtaar being the highest form, of Vaheguru Ji.

srb BUq Awip vrqwrw ]

sarab bhooth aap varathaaraa ||

In all forms, He Himself is pervading.