What Is God?

How do we find something when we don't even know what it is?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry if you have thirst for the GOD, You will find it.

Some Giyanis give example of finding butter in milk. you don't see it but its there. there is process to get it eventually. So similarly there is a process to realize the existence of GOD and thats what you find in our gurus words, in SGGSji.

Guest shastr
How do we find something when we don't even know what it is?

like i said, YOU dont. lol

let me make it easier for u, its all a bie lie, no such thing as god, no such thing as naam, no such thing as guru granth sahib ji, none of it exists, its all like a big magic trick.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I don't think thats answered the question. What is God?? Why should I try to find God?

Tusin ai karo jee, no need to find GOD. BTW, god is not hiding in your closet/attic/basement/jungle that

you have to go find him at different places.

but this is recommendation for you, which we are all doing anyways. so just keep doing that.

ਰੈਣਿ ਗਵਾਈ ਸੋਇ ਕੈ ਦਿਵਸੁ ਗਵਾਇਆ ਖਾਇ ॥

The nights are wasted sleeping, and the days are wasted eating.

ਹੀਰੇ ਜੈਸਾ ਜਨਮੁ ਹੈ ਕਉਡੀ ਬਦਲੇ ਜਾਇ ॥੧॥

Human life is such a precious jewel, but it is being lost in exchange for a mere shell. ||1||

ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਜਾਨਿਆ ਰਾਮ ਕਾ ॥

You do not know the Name of the Lord.

ਮੂੜੇ ਫਿਰਿ ਪਾਛੈ ਪਛੁਤਾਹਿ ਰੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

You fool - you shall regret and repent in the end! ||1||Pause||

in case interested to read more, its on ang 156 of SGGSji, copy pasted from srigranth.org

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

poster, why are you asking us when you can very well ask god yourself, why dont you go to guru granth sahib ji> our living breathing guru?

read some jajpji sahib and all your answers about what is god who is god are answered there.

so dont ask us, we arnt god and anyone who describes what god is like is a fool according to bani, we are all ants, what can we tell you?

go to god yourself, go to sri guru granth sahib ji and understand what they are saying, dont waste your lifetime in nonsense details, understand what the common goal is and try to achieve it if you are lucky enough..

end of topic

What is God?

God is the King,and we are his subjects.

God is the Father and we are his children.

God is the protecting Husband, and we are the insecure bridesmaid.

God is a deep ocean without a surface, and we are tiny droplets of that ocean.

God can be known through his praise/worship. We learn his praises through Gurbani, and Gurbani is the key to unlock the hidden world of God within us.

"How do we find something when we don't even know what it is?"

"Why is it our purpose to find God. Why cannot God and I just both exist...why must we find each other."

Your purpose is not to find God. Your purpose is to know yourself. In other words purpose of someone's life is to live life in completeness.

To live life in completeness you should know yourself. Everyone who been on purpose of knowing himself found God in himself. You will find God in yourself but finding God is not primary goal.

"So why does God exist"

I don't know answer for this one.

har simaran keeou sagal akaaraa ||

For the remembrance of the Lord, He created the whole creation

aapan keeaa naanakaa aapae hee fir jaap ||1||

Through His Creation, O Nanak, He meditates on Himself

Why were we created for meditation...