Slander Of Dasam Bani On Spn

Inder Singh

What happened to Guru Nanak Dev Jee?. Sikh faith will not exist if Guru jee did not exist NOT dasam granth.

You are confusing existence of the faith with the above quote of "without Dasam Granth we have no SIKH RELIGION". Existence would stem from the beginning of the faith which as you rightly pointed out was started by Guru Nanak De Ji.

On the other hand the above quote refers to Sikhi as a religion, on that basis the Dasam Granth in (my HUMBLE opinion) forms and contributes to major parts of the faith. As I have alreade said Amrit Sanchaar, Nitnem Bani- Jaap Sahib, Tva Prasaad Swaiyea, Chaupai Sahib, Rehraas(Parts) and of course Ardaas.

. I guess my major question concerns when the Granth was compiled. Was it during the life of dasmesh pita or afterwards?

It was compiled in 1698. That beer is called Hazuri beer or anandpuri beer. It was stolen when Anandpur was sacked and occupied. It surfaced afterwards when a pathan who had taken it sold it to a sikh. It is still in the possesion of that family.

But when guru ji wrote bani there were always copies made. That is how Bhai mani singh ji prepared another beer.

By the way I was looking at Guru kian Sakhian (which I think you believe to be accurate) and it clearly states that Gurgaddi was given to Shri Guru Granth Sahib and doesn't seem to mention

Dasam Granth from what I have read so far (see episode concerning the last days of dasmesh pita's worldly life). The section on the amrit ceremony also fails to mention anythig like Dasam Granth. Note that I in no way dout the bani that is used in the amrit ceremony, so please stop using that argument.

Nobody disputes that Gurgaddi was given to SGGS ji. The section of amrit sanchar does mention three banis of Dasam granth. Those were posted by me.

Need to remember that Guru kian sakhian are a day to today diary of Guru darbar and written by bhats who were attendants there.

Right, regarding the issues you have with SPN, I will talk to other moderators there and I think you should continue the debate over there. I must say though brother, you have a very antagonistic style of debate that I (respectfully) believe you should change so that you can get your message across.

That behaviour comes only if someone call names to our scriptures. You are not a sikh if you keep mum on raeding that. That is the spirit Guru sahib has infused in his sikhs.

Why do not you read what your mentors write there and judge yourself their deeds. I have nothing personal againmst SPN.

Lastly, please do not be a one trick donkey (I don't mean that disrespectfully!). In addition to Dasam Granth, as a Sikh you should also be concerned witother really pressing issues in the panth. Such as drug taking, female infanticide, caste discrimination, the domination of the panth by corrupt people such as Badal etc. The loss of manuscripts and other heritage. Please, please, please devote some of your energy on these issues too.

We are concerned about that. My son goes and conducts drug awareness camps in Punjab and also lends help to needy patients.

But it is primary duty of all sikhs to combat misinformation about their scriptures. If panth is there then only granths will be there. If granths are not there panth also will not be there.

What happened to Guru Nanak Dev Jee?. Sikh faith will not exist if Guru jee did not exist NOT dasam granth.

Sikh faith had ten gurus and all were one jyot. Their teachings and acts are equally important for sikhs. No pick and choose. Dasam Granth is bani of dashmesh pita and is to be revered and applied in sikh's life along with taechings of SGGS ji.

A sikh is a sanit-soldier.

<h2 class="contentheading"> Glimpse of the oldest available beerh of Sri Dasam Granth from 1698 AD </h2>

Glimpse of the oldest available beerh of Sri Dasam Granth from 1698 AD

Contents from the rare handwritten beerh of Sri Dasam Granth compiled in 1755 Bikrami (1698 A.D.), one year before the formation of Khalsa. The date when this historic beerh was compiled is given in the introductory paragraph. This beerh is preserved at Takhat Sri Patna Sahib. It is noteworthy that Guru Gobind Singh Sahib's bani "Zafarnamah" which was written in 1704 A.D., six years after this beerh was compiled, does not feature in this beerh. Also noteworthy is the name of the granth that appears on the top, "Patshah Dasven Ju Ka Granth" (The Granth of the Tenth Master). The year mentioned on this handwritten beerh is also significant because Bhai Kesar Singh Chibber too in Bansavalinama records that Guru Gobind Singh Sahib had himself compiled the Granth in 1755 Bikrami (1698 A.D.), and this Chhota Granth[1] was very dear to him. Evidently this is one of the oldest beerhs which Guru Sahib himself compiled before the formation of the Khalsa. Later compilations of the complete banees of Guru Gobind Singh Sahib is attributed to Bhai Mani Singh. ਛੋਟਾ ਗਰੰਥ ਜੀ ਜਨਮੇ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦਸਵੇਂ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹ ਕੇ ਧਾਮ।

ਸੰਮਤ ਸਤਾਰਾਂ ਸੈ ਪਚਵੰਜਾ, ਬਹੁਤ ਖਿਡਾਵੇ ਲਿਖਾਰੇ ਨਾਮ।

ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨੂੰ ਸੀ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਹਥੀਂ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਖਿਡਾਇਆ। ਸਿਖਾਂ ਕੀਤੀ ਅਰਦਾਸ, 'ਜੀ ਅਗਲੇ (ਭਾਵ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ) ਨਾਲਿ ਚਾਹੀਏ ਰਲਾਇਆ'।

ਬਚਨ ਕੀਤਾ, 'ਗਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਹੈ ਉਹ, ਏਹ ਅਸਾਡੀ ਖੇਡ ਹੈ।'

ਨਾਲਿ ਨ ਮਿਲਾਇਆ ਆਹਾ ਪਿਆਰਾ, ਕਉਨ ਜਾਣੈ ਭੇਦ। ਸੋ ਦੋਨੋ ਗਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰ ਕਿਰ ਜਾਨੋ। ਵਡਾ ਹੈ ਟਿਕਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਟਕੇ ਪੋਥੀਆਂ ਪੁਤਰ ਪੋਤਰੇ ਕਿਰ ਪਛਾਨੋ

(ਬੰਸਾਵਲੀਨਾਮਾ, ਭਾਈ ਕੇਸਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਛਿੱਬਰ) [1] Kesar Singh Chibber calls the granth as Chotta Granth (small granth) in relation to the status of Sri Guru Granth Sahib

http://www.patshahi10.org/images/stories/B...l/thumbnail1698

My post: What happened to Guru Nanak Dev Jee?. Sikh faith will not exist if Guru jee did not exist NOT dasam granth.

You are confusing existence of the faith with the above quote of "without Dasam Granth we have no SIKH RELIGION". Existence would stem from the beginning of the faith which as you rightly pointed out was started by Guru Nanak De Ji.

On the other hand the above quote refers to Sikhi as a religion, on that basis the Dasam Granth in (my HUMBLE opinion) forms and contributes to major parts of the faith. As I have alreade said Amrit Sanchaar, Nitnem Bani- Jaap Sahib, Tva Prasaad Swaiyea, Chaupai Sahib, Rehraas(Parts) and of course Ardaas.

And before Amrit Sanchaar, they were no Sikhs??

Bhai Gurdas jee mentions many time GurSikh or GurSikha.. so does Gurbani and I mean Sii Guru Granth sahib jee

I have observed that of lately Sikh philosophy network site is turning into a kala afghna mouthpiece. There

are some die hard anti Dasam Bani people who have been made mentors on that site. They slander bani of Dasam granth on one pretext or the other.

They also interpret SGGS ji in a totally different way. They write that there is no gurmantra and naam simran in sikhi. New meanings of Amrit vela are being given.Any effort to combat that is nipped in the bud.

Does anyone has experience on that site. Please share that here.

FYI I have only looked at one of their topic ie "Amrit Vela". Will look into the others another time.

Nobody disputes that Gurgaddi was given to SGGS ji.

So why are you then implying that its ok to do parkash of both 'granths' and that to at the same level of authority.

Its Gur maneo "Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee"...and this is supported by Gurbani (i.e. Sri Guru Granth Sahbi jee).

like satpunga singh said ''bani hai guru guru hai bani.

the nihang dals have had parkash of dasam granth since maharajs time! and yes its FINE to do parkash of dasam granth, nihangs say sarbloh granth, dasam granth and guru granth sahib ji is their guru! if you have a problem with that take your kala afghana mindset and go speak to the head of dal panth!

does this picture anger you ukgupt kaur? lol

post-15030-1246363964_thumb.jpg

Ok, come and talk on SPN and share Inder Singh ji. I will open up a new thread so we can discuss this and learn. No abuse or personal insults again please. This will mean closing off the thread and being placed back on moderation. I know this is an emotive issue for many but lets not allow emotion to come in the way of learning and sharing in the quom.

You have been taken off moderation.

But please accept that there will be others who do not share your opinion, live with it. Put you case forward and leave it at that. Horse and water remember. I will be asking questions too as my curiosity about the granth has grown of late.

Be cool! lol

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/dasam-granth...html#post105155

The floor is yours Inder Singh ji.

UK Gupt Kaur, Dal Singh

Prakash of Guru Granth Sahib and Guru Dasam Granth Sahib should be done in every gurudwara how it use to be done before. This is not Beadbi of our eternal Guru, Sri Guru Granth Sahibji maharaj. It would be Beadbi if Guru Dasam Granth Sahib jis prakash was done without the presence of Guru Granth Sahib. Simple

And may I add when I write Guru Dasam Granth Sahib it means, that this is the granth of Guru Gobind Singh ji and that why

"Guru Dasam" is written as a prefix.

And I regonize Guru Granth Sahib as my Guru and as the Guru of all humanity.

I was listening to Katha by Giani Anoop Singh from the Bir Ras Darbar programme he says Guru Granth sahib ji tells us how high or low our souls can go and what has happened and can happen. i.e Maharaj tell us about the history of soul in this world. Guru Dasam Granth Sahib also tells us how high or low our bodies can go and what has happened and can happen.

For the history of Guru Dasam Granth Sahib ji please with an open mind listen to this on the following link

Nobody disputes that Gurgaddi was given to SGGS ji.

So why are you then implying that its ok to do parkash of both 'granths' and that to at the same level of authority.

Its Gur maneo "Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee"...and this is supported by Gurbani (i.e. Sri Guru Granth Sahbi jee).

It looks that it is your habit to provide wrong information.

Dasam granth presently is in parkash at two takhats. At both takhats the palki sahib of Dasam granth is at lower level and smaller than palki of SGGS ji.

I jope you understand that.

Are you an amritdhari sikh?