Reading Bani In Toilet

Guest Readbani

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz
How does sangat feel about reading bani on iPhone while on the toilet. There is bani on the phone regardless if it is being read or not and I right now I use the phone to read news while on the toilet, would it be fine if I read bani instead? By the way I'm on the toilet right now

lol how convenient

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we wouldn't take a gutka into the washroom (cuz bani is one the phone), would we take a gutka to other places where i phone goes with us?, such as school, parties, etc.. i know i lend my phone to people all the time, and whose to say they didn't just come from having a cigarette. Im not promoting reading bani on the toilet, but ur argument is not valid as we would not let people who just smoked touch a gutka and would not take a gutka with us everywhere either like our phone which gets touched by jhoothey hath, we also wear our shoes while holding our phone and place it on dirty public tables where only god knows how many germs are on

btw scientifically the kitchen has more girms and is dirtier than your washroom so putting ur phone on the kitchen table is also very disrespectful according to your argument. Once again, im not for reading bani on the toilet, but i if this singh is asking, obviously he wants a logically sound answer for not doing so. The argument the sangat has provided so far contradicts itself in so many ways such as would u go half naked in a gurdwara reading bani (which no one is stopping u from doing btw, many gareeb people in india probably do), or would u take a gutka into the washroom

How does sangat feel about reading bani on iPhone while on the toilet. There is bani on the phone regardless if it is being read or not and I right now I use the phone to read news while on the toilet, would it be fine if I read bani instead? By the way I'm on the toilet right now

Reciting GurBaanee off by heart is no problem. Please don't take Gutkaa Sahibs, Phones, iPods, any types of PDAs, Laptops etc near the washroom.. LET ALONE IN IT.. AND DEFINITELY NOT WHILE ON THE TOILET.

I use the phone to read news while on the toilet, would it be fine if I read bani instead?
Please do NOT compare GurBaanee with a newspaper.

Would you read the newspaper in a Darbaar Sahib???

I hope this question wasn't a joke cuz your last statement was very immature.

By the way I'm on the toilet right now

eewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwyouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

vaheguroo!

are u mad? no its not fine! its disrespectful!!!

as per guru granth sahib, there are numerous tuks saying god is with you whever you go. it doesnt say, sadha hai naale ..... except when you go to the loo. these are moorakh galaa. you might as well say that god is a p£^v£^t because he sees everything you do.. such moorakhness. our aim is to attain that unbreakable bond. the 'liv' to jur with god. bani guru, guru hai bani.

when bani is inside ourselves, it doesent take a hike when nature calls.

no gutka biaadbi should be done. listening to tape/ reciting is all good.

hope no one got offended and hope this question is answered.

Taking Gurbani in written form with you is wrong. It is the presence of the written form which requires this extra satkaar b/c of the way this sargun saroop (physical aspect) of Guru ji is, ie it has a physical existence as matter. When you flush, little droplets of water filed with bacteria (too small to see) fill the washroom. That's beadbi. To remember God by reciting paath etc is not wrong.

But taking iphone when Gurbani app is not showing is not wrong either. Info, such as Gurbani, is stored on computers as 1's and 0's. So some more flexibiilty exists with computers than with Gutka Sahibs.

In Suraj Prakash Granth, when asked how Gurbani should be treated, Guru ji replied that Gutka Sahibs, Pothis Sahibs etc, should be treated like family members of the Guru.

wjkk wjkf

if we wouldn't take a gutka into the washroom (cuz bani is one the phone), would we take a gutka to other places where i phone goes with us?, such as school, parties, etc.. i know i lend my phone to people all the time, and whose to say they didn't just come from having a cigarette. Im not promoting reading bani on the toilet, but ur argument is not valid as we would not let people who just smoked touch a gutka and would not take a gutka with us everywhere either like our phone which gets touched by jhoothey hath, we also wear our shoes while holding our phone and place it on dirty public tables where only god knows how many germs are on

btw scientifically the kitchen has more girms and is dirtier than your washroom so putting ur phone on the kitchen table is also very disrespectful according to your argument. Once again, im not for reading bani on the toilet, but i if this singh is asking, obviously he wants a logically sound answer for not doing so. The argument the sangat has provided so far contradicts itself in so many ways such as would u go half naked in a gurdwara reading bani (which no one is stopping u from doing btw, many gareeb people in india probably do), or would u take a gutka into the washroom

I too was thinking along the same lines.

so many different answers, i think we confused the little kid.. so now he's allowed to take the iphone on the toilet to do w.e but can't open the bani app? .. ok...? im na even gonna try elaborating..

So do I.

bhul chuk maaf

wjkk wjkf

Much like ink and paper combine together to form the physical body of the Guru, when the application is loaded, the 0s and 1s stored in memory come together to form Bani, which is what you can read on the screen or listen if in audio format.

Remember, they didn't have mobile phones and PDAs in the past, so Bani was always either imprinted on paper or on the heart.

If it's very difficult to understand, maybe this analogy will help:

- when you're using the PDA/phone for other stuff, there is only ink and paper. Doesn't matter what you do with the phone.

- when you load the app, within seconds, you've turned ink and paper into an ang (limb) of the Guru. You should treat the phone like a Gutka Sahib.

- when you close the app, the Bani turns back into ink and paper. Doesn't matter what you do with the phone.

CDs and cassette tapes are the same but often they have Bani or excerpts of Bani as the title or on the cover, in which case, they should be looked after carefully.

If in doubt, err on the side of caution. In this, just don't take the phone with you to the toilet.

• 4 weeks later...