legal kirpan rigts

anon

Guest rsingh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Fauja singh cant go to a olymics dinner nxt to london eye as it is against there security terms he will have to take his kirpan of which he refuses. this is against the law isnt it. can a singh sue

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol - Keep in mind it's not as easy to sue in Europe, as in Amrika

lol @ sue away :wub: .

On a more serious note - yeah g - contact him, and ask him to get a lawyer :)

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

As far as I now under the Biritish law we are allowed to wear Kirpans and cannot be discriminated against or be asked to remove our Sri Sahibs.

However in practice, Singhs/Singhnees in the UK asked to remove their Sri Sahibs or leave. I know of my friends father who was told to leave Thorpe Park (UK equivalent of Disneyland) because someone complained about his Kirpan. The UK passport office will not let you into their builidings unless you remove your Kirpans and then there are restaurants/hotels which operate their own door policy.

To be honest, I don't think I have heard of any high profile case in the UK regarding Kirpans, there have been cases in employment law where Kirpans have been eventually allowed (BT is one of them and I think there's some on going issues at the UK Airports regarding the length of Kirpans)

Maybe Fauja Singh Ji is better off not going to the olympic dinner where there will be alochol and meat. I'd say it's meant to be. Even if he did go, he probably wouldn't be able to eat anything.

Guest rsingh

f that the british passport office has no right. we need a test case. any onbe know a good cheap human rights solicitor (layer for u amreicans)

*waheguroo*

Gur Fateh Ji!

does anyone know what the situation is regarding a sikh entering government buildings in the UK (i.e. say a Crown Court) wearing a Kirpan? Last I heard there was a size limit of 6 inches, is this still the case?

Please acknowledge your sources, thank you

Guest rsingh

since 9/11 particularly some sikhs have had probs. i belive to the best of my knowledge sikhs can enter uk gov buildings with kirpan.the llodon assembly building, a sikh was attending the sikh met police thing and was stopped, they appologised and said security wpuld not do this again. there are some people in UK who say they represent sikhs but do not, i refer to the case of heathrow airport sikh employees.

the authority BAA said they had talked and come to a joint decison with sikhs to wear wooden kirpans. wats that gonea do. backclash from sikhs and sikh media followed. then we got BT a kirpan badge. so when u need a kirpan u use the pin, wat the fs that bout.

some one need to take control and need to take to court if need be.

This is my observation only, hence it's a bit far fetched....

There are 2 Groups of Amritdhari Sikhs in the UK

Group 1 are the real hardcore rehatdharis. They will not give into anything and will practice their Sikhi to the max. They seem to be younger.

Group 2 are more relaxed. They do not want to cause a fuss and will remove their kakaars if requested. They believe that we should compromise as we are aliens in this nation. They tend to be a lot older.

Unfortunately, at the moment it is the Group 2 individuals who seem to be involved in the decision making discussions in the UK from Gurdwaras to Government issues. I think this is due to age and they are more favoured due to their flexibility.

Sikhs have been in the UK for over 50 years, we are on our 3rd generation, we have set up successful businesses, have Sikh mayors, judges and are the 3rd or 4th biggest religion in the UK. Yet we still cannot get round the issues of wearing a Kirpan.

How do our so called representatives end up agreeing to wooden Kirpan replicas or Kirpan brooches as a compromise?