• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest rsingh

when i master how to use em myself i let u know :wub:

a Q to peple in US, do u guys not carry a gun, just wondering, if i was amritdhari, and had a choice of carrin a gun aswell as kirpan I would if i felt i was responsible enough. just wondern :hmmm

oh and the blue things bak, thanxs admin, wicked, excessive use now. :):) :lol:

Yeah...how do you break off different parts of the posts into quotes?

Like this :wub: :)

uhm , err what u do is

you SELECT a part of the post - like u copy it and then select it and then press quote

------------------

Basically, you select something, and press the button called

'QUOTE'

check this out

- text is selected when you press QUOTE it is gonna be like this-

This is the quoted text

post-2-1085509747.gif

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

a Q to peple in US, do u guys not carry a gun, just wondering, if i was amritdhari, and had a choice of carrin a gun aswell as kirpan I would if i felt i was responsible enough. just wondern

some states in the US allow you to take a class which takes 12 hours over the course of two days which would allow you to carry a gun. you have to be at least 18 years old to do so. but in some of these same states, they will bust you if they find a kirpan on you. makes no sense to me. theyve been harrassing us about our kirpans. and now they just recently pass a law that after taking a class, someone 18 years old can carry a gun. its absurd. maybe one day ill be able to understand these people running this country. i carry a gun when im in the ghetto. other than that, no point.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Fauja Singh can sue under the Human Rights Act 1998 - Freedom of Religion.

Sikhs are not permitted to enter the US Embassy with a kirpan, in fact they also ask u to take your Kara off so that when you go through the metal detectors you are not wearing anything metallic. The people at the embassy will use BS about other SIkhs take it off etc. The best thing you can do is stick to your guns and BE POLITE so they do not think you are being confrontational!

Courts in this country don't really have metal detectors so you are ok to enter Courts.

Bhull Chuk Maaf!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rsingh

an update on the isssue

Rob Marris MP has tabled the following Early Day

Motion (EDM) in the UK Parliament after the treatment

of Fauja Singh

EDM 1327 - MR FAUJA SINGH'S KIRPAN

That this House is concerned to note that the renowned

nonagenarian runner, Mr Fauja Singh, who completed

this year's London Marathon, was refused entry to a

consequent ceremony at the British Airways London Eye

when he understandably refused to remove his kirpan,

the ceremonial knife carried by all practising Sikhs,

because the operators of the London Eye regard a

kirpan as a weapon, and thus a security hazard,

despite the fact that the Offensive Weapons Act 1996,

the Crime Act 1951 and the Criminal Justice Act 1988,

all exempt, albeit on public rather than private

property, items which have religious significance; and

urges those operators to work with the Sikh community

to draw up suitable guidelines, similar to those long

since adopted in Wolverhampton schools, allowing

kirpans to be carried by Sikhs when travelling on the

London Eye.

In july when exams are over the youth are thining of a protest to rise awarness amongst the media. if you have any ideas PM

why July- cause exams are over. :TH:

Sat Sri Akal:

"I said the turban is cultural. It is cultural, and holds no religous significance. I mean, I could have sworn that, the 5 K's included Kesh.."

35)Dastaar bina nahi rehnaa - Wear a turban at all times. - Hukams of Guru Gobind Singh Ji from Nanded to his Sikhs. It IS a religious item.

(http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=ST&f=2&t=1160&hl=52+hukam)

"freedom of religion is only applicable if it does not harm anyone else."

While I understand what you are trying to say, your assertion would only be valid if Sikhs using Kirpans for assault/murder without a cause for defense became a prevalent theme in the U.S. Until then, the Sikhs will not have a problem with defending their Kirpan. And in a country like the U.S., there is really no excuse for the courts to deny you that right, as there are people walking around with licensed guns everywhere.

"He used Guns, and carried a kirpan and never used it during the war....Suppose a bear jumps out, better be equipped with that shotgun eh "

U.S. Marines to this day carry combat knifes. There are situations in which the enemy might close in on you and your gun just ain't working. In that case, the combat knife is used to engage the enemy. And nobody ever stipulated that a Sikh cannot be armed with guns or modern weaponry. In one way, the Kirpan is "symbolic", as it still serves as a reminder to a Sikh that their duty is not restricted to solitary meditation, but also to be defender of the weak and the poor. On the other hand, the Kirpan should be a practical combat knife as well, with the user trained in how to use it.

Make no mistake, if two individuals were about to s

quare off, one with a gun and one with a knife, there is no 100% guarantee that the gun wielder would always win. The knife can disable the gun wielder quite quickly if properly trained. As per a bear attacking people...eh...bears have been taken down by knives and swords before...don't think it cannot be done. What what makes you think that you with a shotgun would be any more prepared or better off than a knife? Ultimately, it is the training that is important, not only the weapon. You could hold a bazooka against a bear, but if you are soiling your diapers, you ain't going to win.