Chanting Waheguru - Your View

humanbeing

I think we might be misled if we take the analogy of calling our Father's name if he were right in front of us too far. For one thing, some might start to question, why do we have to keep saying the name, shouldn't one time be enough?

Whatever you're doing (fast or slow), if you're thinking of something else besides God, you're doing it wrong, and if you're thinking of nothing besides God, you're doing it right.

I think we might be misled if we take the analogy of calling our Father's name if he were right in front of us too far. For one thing, some might start to question, why do we have to keep saying the name, shouldn't one time be enough?

Whatever you're doing (fast or slow), if you're thinking of something else besides God, you're doing it wrong, and if you're thinking of nothing besides God, you're doing it right.

Bhforce Jeeo, You've hit the nail on the head, you only need to say it once with enough conviction to get somewhere when 10th Guru Ji Mentions " ekh chit je ek shin dehaoo kal faas ke beech na aaeyoo". How many times can one repeat waheguru in "Ekh shin" ??

When dhadrewale does its, its like a well rehearsed performance.

Bless your cotton little white socks Ford Capri. When you do Naam Abhiyaas on a daily basis it becomes a daily reharsal. What better performance in life than sitting together and doing naam simran. Try it some time, in between your other AGENDAS...

Dhardewale creates false emotion and hype so the sangat put money on the stage.

Do you think Dhadrewale could give a programe on Sikh Ethics or social philosophy with in Sikhi ?

At best he is a musician type.

Actually, if you ever went or listened to one of Dhadrian Wale's diwans, you would realise he actually tells people not to come to the stage and give money because it distracts everyone and that the biggest "bheta" is for them to listen to the katha...and especially in Simran, thats when EVERYONE HAS TO sit down and close their eyes, so you, again, have got it all wrong in a twisted attempt to promote your agenda against sikhi parcharaks like Dhadrian Wale!dry.gif

P.S. Dhadrian Wale Diwan Simran rocks!

"This question was recently asked to keertani Bhai Kulatar Singh son of keertani bhai Avtar Singh. He answered and advised that in his experience from his father and other previous great kirtani there is nothing wrong in doing naam simran while kirtan."

If you are implying doing simran in between a shabd recitation, then I doubt very much Bhai Kultar Singh said that. As per that generation, and as I mentioned before, as was the view of Bhai Randhir Singh, whose present day youth jathaa has made this type of Gurmantar recital popular.. the view was that simran is to be done in sehaaj and shaant - as it is supposed to be an esoteric exercise, not an exoteric one.

As those who knew Bhai Avtar Singh Ji, they were a great rehitvaan Gursikh, who spent every spare moment in simran (proper). They were especially known for their amritvela samaadhi and riyaaz.

I disagree with the term simran being used to describe what takes place in a fast paced and loud atmosphere today, nothing could me more different from the simran that Puran Brahmgyanis have taught for millenia - simran is one of the 9 methods of Bhakti approved in Ancient Indic tradition, alongside seva and kirtan. It has only changed its appearance in the last 3 decades.

"This question was recently asked to keertani Bhai Kulatar Singh son of keertani bhai Avtar Singh. He answered and advised that in his experience from his father and other previous great kirtani there is nothing wrong in doing naam simran while kirtan."

If you are implying doing simran in between a shabd recitation, then I doubt very much Bhai Kultar Singh said that. As per that generation, and as I mentioned before, as was the view of Bhai Randhir Singh, whose present day youth jathaa has made this type of Gurmantar recital popular.. the view was that simran is to be done in sehaaj and shaant - as it is supposed to be an esoteric exercise, not an exoteric one.

This is what I heard with my own two ears at the recent lecture at the new Lemington spa Gurdwara, unless I heard it all wrong.Bhai Sahib said there is nothing wrong in doing it but how you do it is of extreme importance.

As those who knew Bhai Avtar Singh Ji, they were a great rehitvaan Gursikh, who spent every spare moment in simran (proper). They were especially known for their amritvela samaadhi and riyaaz.

I disagree with the term simran being used to describe what takes place in a fast paced and loud atmosphere today, nothing could me more different from the simran that Puran Brahmgyanis have taught for millenia - simran is one of the 9 methods of Bhakti approved in Ancient Indic tradition, alongside seva and kirtan. It has only changed its appearance in the last 3 decades.

I agree 100%