Sant, Bhagat, Bhai, Baba, Gurmukh, Gursikh, Brahmgiyani

AmarjitKaur

Since this controvery about babas started I am thinking about how can be differentiate who is actual SANT. Gurbani gives lot of importance to Sant jan. If you search searchgurbani.com and put the word sant there, you come up with thousand lines having the word SANT in it.

And we all know that Pancham patshah go in great detail in Sukhmani Sahib what happens to people who slander Sant Jan. So nobody should ever do the ninda of Sant jan. There is almost whole astpadi devoted to it, see below and scroll down for more of my comments.

ਸੰਤ ਕੈ ਦੂਖਨਿ ਆਰਜਾ ਘਟੈ

Slandering the Saints, one's life is cut short.

ਸੰਤ ਕੈ ਦੂਖਨਿ ਜਮ ਤੇ ਨਹੀ ਛੁਟੈ

Slandering the Saints, one shall not escape the Messenger of Death.

ਸੰਤ ਕੈ ਦੂਖਨਿ ਸੁਖੁ ਸਭੁ ਜਾਇ

Slandering the Saints, all happiness vanishes.

ਸੰਤ ਕੈ ਦੂਖਨਿ ਨਰਕ ਮਹਿ ਪਾਇ

Slandering the Saints, one falls into hell.

ਸੰਤ ਕੈ ਦੂਖਨਿ ਮਤਿ ਹੋਇ ਮਲੀਨ

Slandering the Saints, the intellect is polluted.

ਸੰਤ ਕੈ ਦੂਖਨਿ ਸੋਭਾ ਤੇ ਹੀਨ

Slandering the Saints, one's reputation is lost.

ਸੰਤ ਕੇ ਹਤੇ ਕਉ ਰਖੈ ਕੋਇ

One who is cursed by a Saint cannot be saved.

ਸੰਤ ਕੈ ਦੂਖਨਿ ਥਾਨ ਭ੍ਰਸਟੁ ਹੋਇ

Slandering the Saints, one's place is defiled.

ਸੰਤ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਜੇ ਕਰੈ

But if the Compassionate Saint shows His Kindness,

ਨਾਨਕ ਸੰਤਸੰਗਿ ਨਿੰਦਕੁ ਭੀ ਤਰੈ ॥੧॥

O Nanak, in the Company of the Saints, the slanderer may still be saved. ||1||

ਸੰਤ ਕੇ ਦੂਖਨ ਤੇ ਮੁਖੁ ਭਵੈ

Slandering the Saints, one becomes a wry-faced malcontent.

ਸੰਤਨ ਕੈ ਦੂਖਨਿ ਕਾਗ ਜਿਉ ਲਵੈ

Slandering the Saints, one croaks like a raven.

ਸੰਤਨ ਕੈ ਦੂਖਨਿ ਸਰਪ ਜੋਨਿ ਪਾਇ

Slandering the Saints, one is reincarnated as a snake.

ਸੰਤ ਕੈ ਦੂਖਨਿ ਤ੍ਰਿਗਦ ਜੋਨਿ ਕਿਰਮਾਇ

Slandering the Saints, one is reincarnated as a wiggling worm.

ਸੰਤਨ ਕੈ ਦੂਖਨਿ ਤ੍ਰਿਸਨਾ ਮਹਿ ਜਲੈ

Slandering the Saints, one burns in the fire of desire.

ਸੰਤ ਕੈ ਦੂਖਨਿ ਸਭੁ ਕੋ ਛਲੈ

Slandering the Saints, one tries to deceive everyone.

ਸੰਤ ਕੈ ਦੂਖਨਿ ਤੇਜੁ ਸਭੁ ਜਾਇ

Slandering the Saints, all one's influence vanishes.

ਸੰਤ ਕੈ ਦੂਖਨਿ ਨੀਚੁ ਨੀਚਾਇ

Slandering the Saints, one becomes the lowest of the low.

ਸੰਤ ਦੋਖੀ ਕਾ ਥਾਉ ਕੋ ਨਾਹਿ

For the slanderer of the Saint, there is no place of rest.

ਨਾਨਕ ਸੰਤ ਭਾਵੈ ਤਾ ਓਇ ਭੀ ਗਤਿ ਪਾਹਿ ॥੨॥

O Nanak, if it pleases the Saint, even then, he may be saved. ||2||

ਸੰਤ ਕਾ ਨਿੰਦਕੁ ਮਹਾ ਅਤਤਾਈ

The slanderer of the Saint is the worst evil-doer.

ਸੰਤ ਕਾ ਨਿੰਦਕੁ ਖਿਨੁ ਟਿਕਨੁ ਪਾਈ

The slanderer of the Saint has not even a moment's rest.

ਸੰਤ ਕਾ ਨਿੰਦਕੁ ਮਹਾ ਹਤਿਆਰਾ

The slanderer of the Saint is a brutal butcher.

ਸੰਤ ਕਾ ਨਿੰਦਕੁ ਪਰਮੇਸੁਰਿ ਮਾਰਾ

The slanderer of the Saint is cursed by the Transcendent Lord.

ਸੰਤ ਕਾ ਨਿੰਦਕੁ ਰਾਜ ਤੇ ਹੀਨੁ

The slanderer of the Saint has no kingdom.

ਸੰਤ ਕਾ ਨਿੰਦਕੁ ਦੁਖੀਆ ਅਰੁ ਦੀਨੁ

The slanderer of the Saint becomes miserable and poor.

ਸੰਤ ਕੇ ਨਿੰਦਕ ਕਉ ਸਰਬ ਰੋਗ

The slanderer of the Saint contracts all diseases.

ਸੰਤ ਕੇ ਨਿੰਦਕ ਕਉ ਸਦਾ ਬਿਜੋਗ

The slanderer of the Saint is forever separated.

ਸੰਤ ਕੀ ਨਿੰਦਾ ਦੋਖ ਮਹਿ ਦੋਖੁ

To slander a Saint is the worst sin of sins.

ਨਾਨਕ ਸੰਤ ਭਾਵੈ ਤਾ ਉਸ ਕਾ ਭੀ ਹੋਇ ਮੋਖੁ ॥੩॥

O Nanak, if it pleases the Saint, then even this one may be liberated. ||3||

ਸੰਤ ਕਾ ਦੋਖੀ ਸਦਾ ਅਪਵਿਤੁ

The slanderer of the Saint is forever impure.

ਸੰਤ ਕਾ ਦੋਖੀ ਕਿਸੈ ਕਾ ਨਹੀ ਮਿਤੁ

The slanderer of the Saint is nobody's friend.

ਸੰਤ ਕੇ ਦੋਖੀ ਕਉ ਡਾਨੁ ਲਾਗੈ

The slanderer of the Saint shall be punished.

ਸੰਤ ਕੇ ਦੋਖੀ ਕਉ ਸਭ ਤਿਆਗੈ

The slanderer of the Saint is abandoned by all.

ਸੰਤ ਕਾ ਦੋਖੀ ਮਹਾ ਅਹੰਕਾਰੀ

The slanderer of the Saint is totally egocentric.

ਸੰਤ ਕਾ ਦੋਖੀ ਸਦਾ ਬਿਕਾਰੀ

The slanderer of the Saint is forever corrupt.

ਸੰਤ ਕਾ ਦੋਖੀ ਜਨਮੈ ਮਰੈ

The slanderer of the Saint must endure birth and death.

ਸੰਤ ਕੀ ਦੂਖਨਾ ਸੁਖ ਤੇ ਟਰੈ

The slanderer of the Saint is devoid of peace.

ਸੰਤ ਕੇ ਦੋਖੀ ਕਉ ਨਾਹੀ ਠਾਉ

The slanderer of the Saint has no place of rest.

ਨਾਨਕ ਸੰਤ ਭਾਵੈ ਤਾ ਲਏ ਮਿਲਾਇ ॥੪॥

O Nanak, if it pleases the Saint, then even such a one may merge in union. ||4||

ਸੰਤ ਕਾ ਦੋਖੀ ਅਧ ਬੀਚ ਤੇ ਟੂਟੈ

The slanderer of the Saint breaks down mid-way.

ਸੰਤ ਕਾ ਦੋਖੀ ਕਿਤੈ ਕਾਜਿ ਪਹੂਚੈ

The slanderer of the Saint cannot accomplish his tasks.

ਸੰਤ ਕੇ ਦੋਖੀ ਕਉ ਉਦਿਆਨ ਭ੍ਰਮਾਈਐ

The slanderer of the Saint wanders in the wilderness.

ਸੰਤ ਕਾ ਦੋਖੀ ਉਝੜਿ ਪਾਈਐ

The slanderer of the Saint is misled into desolation.

ਸੰਤ ਕਾ ਦੋਖੀ ਅੰਤਰ ਤੇ ਥੋਥਾ

The slanderer of the Saint is empty inside,

ਜਿਉ ਸਾਸ ਬਿਨਾ ਮਿਰਤਕ ਕੀ ਲੋਥਾ

like the corpse of a dead man, without the breath of life.

ਸੰਤ ਕੇ ਦੋਖੀ ਕੀ ਜੜ ਕਿਛੁ ਨਾਹਿ

The slanderer of the Saint has no heritage at all.

ਆਪਨ ਬੀਜਿ ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਖਾਹਿ

He himself must eat what he has planted.

ਸੰਤ ਕੇ ਦੋਖੀ ਕਉ ਅਵਰੁ ਰਾਖਨਹਾਰੁ

The slanderer of the Saint cannot be saved by anyone else.

ਨਾਨਕ ਸੰਤ ਭਾਵੈ ਤਾ ਲਏ ਉਬਾਰਿ ॥੫॥

O Nanak, if it pleases the Saint, then even he may be saved. ||5||

ਸੰਤ ਕਾ ਦੋਖੀ ਇਉ ਬਿਲਲਾਇ

The slanderer of the Saint bewails like this -

ਜਿਉ ਜਲ ਬਿਹੂਨ ਮਛੁਲੀ ਤੜਫੜਾਇ

like a fish, out of water, writhing in agony.

ਸੰਤ ਕਾ ਦੋਖੀ ਭੂਖਾ ਨਹੀ ਰਾਜੈ

The slanderer of the Saint is hungry and is never satisfied,

ਜਿਉ ਪਾਵਕੁ ਈਧਨਿ ਨਹੀ ਧ੍ਰਾਪੈ

as fire is not satisfied by fuel.

ਸੰਤ ਕਾ ਦੋਖੀ ਛੁਟੈ ਇਕੇਲਾ

The slanderer of the Saint is left all alone,

ਜਿਉ ਬੂਆੜੁ ਤਿਲੁ ਖੇਤ ਮਾਹਿ ਦੁਹੇਲਾ

like the miserable barren sesame stalk abandoned in the field.

ਸੰਤ ਕਾ ਦੋਖੀ ਧਰਮ ਤੇ ਰਹਤ

The slanderer of the Saint is devoid of faith.

ਸੰਤ ਕਾ ਦੋਖੀ ਸਦ ਮਿਥਿਆ ਕਹਤ

The slanderer of the Saint constantly lies.

ਕਿਰਤੁ ਨਿੰਦਕ ਕਾ ਧੁਰਿ ਹੀ ਪਇਆ

The fate of the slanderer is pre-ordained from the very beginning of time.

ਨਾਨਕ ਜੋ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਸੋਈ ਥਿਆ ॥੬॥

O Nanak, whatever pleases God's Will comes to pass. ||6||

ਸੰਤ ਕਾ ਦੋਖੀ ਬਿਗੜ ਰੂਪੁ ਹੋਇ ਜਾਇ

The slanderer of the Saint becomes deformed.

ਸੰਤ ਕੇ ਦੋਖੀ ਕਉ ਦਰਗਹ ਮਿਲੈ ਸਜਾਇ

The slanderer of the Saint receives his punishment in the Court of the Lord.

ਸੰਤ ਕਾ ਦੋਖੀ ਸਦਾ ਸਹਕਾਈਐ

The slanderer of the Saint is eternally in limbo.

ਸੰਤ ਕਾ ਦੋਖੀ ਮਰੈ ਜੀਵਾਈਐ

He does not die, but he does not live either.

ਸੰਤ ਕੇ ਦੋਖੀ ਕੀ ਪੁਜੈ ਆਸਾ

The hopes of the slanderer of the Saint are not fulfilled.

ਸੰਤ ਕਾ ਦੋਖੀ ਉਠਿ ਚਲੈ ਨਿਰਾਸਾ

The slanderer of the Saint departs disappointed.

ਸੰਤ ਕੈ ਦੋਖਿ ਤ੍ਰਿਸਟੈ ਕੋਇ

Slandering the Saint, no one attains satisfaction.

ਜੈਸਾ ਭਾਵੈ ਤੈਸਾ ਕੋਈ ਹੋਇ

As it pleases the Lord, so do people become;

ਪਇਆ ਕਿਰਤੁ ਮੇਟੈ ਕੋਇ

no one can erase their past actions.

ਨਾਨਕ ਜਾਨੈ ਸਚਾ ਸੋਇ ॥੭॥

O Nanak, the True Lord alone knows all. ||7||

So question now comes how do you know you are dealing with real Sant, and not bhekhi. And there is fine line between deciding that. As Gurbani says above, you don't wanna be dokhi of Sant Jan, but at the same time, you don't wanna have bhekhis to take advantage of Gurbani and misuse the sangat's sentiments. I wrote down to some good kathakar that I really feel have deep understanding of Gurbani, about how do you define between all the above terms (as mentioned in topic subject).

His answer is:

Bhagat: There are only 15 bhagats whose bani is included in SGGSji. English meaning is devotee. We are all in a way, devotees of God, but at the same time we are devotee of money, property, status etc. etc.So that kind puts us down.

Baba: its a word used for old people as they are supposed to be wise, Baba Budha jee was called Baba at young age as he showed wisdom of a old man which comes with age as you live your life and gain wisdom (hopefully, we will get that one day in our 80's :-))

Giyani: the person who has understanding of Guru's Banis. But doesn't mean they are above maya.

Bhai: I think this is the one which should go for most of the parcharaks, as this shows humbleness. This doesn't indicate to be knowing it all, like Giyani does, but it shows that person have faith and bhai doesn't consider himself to be above the common people, as its bhai, which means brother. It means I am growing as well as you are.

Gursikh: The person who has taken khande bate dee pahul and follows full rehat and lives upto the guru's word. Guru's sikh, means who follows Guru's mat, and puts down his own mat, we all try to do this, but fail so many times in a single day.

Gurmukh: Its internal avashtha of a Gursikh. I am not so clear about this one

Brahmgiyani: The ones who are attuned with GOD all the time and above maya, and have the understanding of whole univese. basically, understand the leela of GOD as it exists in whole universe and all the universes. I think this one is the top awashtha.

Now the last one, SANT: This one is tough one. As bhai sahib wrote its internal avastha. But as I understand there are some signs. Sants are above the pains of life, are above the maya (which includes 5 vices and properties, money, banks, etc etc. that we common humans worry about). Sants are nirvair, nirbhao. Sants know when its their time to leave this chola of human body for them. Sants can do ardas to Guru sahib and things could happen. I beleive they are capable of ridhi sidhi, but they know that they are not supposed to go against the GOD's will, so they know not to exercise their capabilities to make things happen if they want to.

Please correct me where sangat feels I am wrong. Its my understanding combined with what Bhai sahib answered me in short e-mail. Haters please stay away. This topic has been started to know how to tell whom you are dealing with, not to slander people.

I am pretty much confused myself on some as you may be. Don't use this topic to get your anger out, but if you really know something, please don't hesitate to share. Don't make up stuff.

Bhul Chuk maaf.

We are quite judgemental these days, are eyes are covered with so much mayl dirt of past lives and this life that we cant see God's Jot in every soul and being,,

So when it comes to recognizing a soul as A Sant Brahamgiani that is sumthing we can only realize GURPARSADh, If Guru Sahib does kirpa on us than we are able to meet a Sant because of Great Fortune(Vadday Bhag)

The thing is that We have so many doubts and our ego is higher than the roof that even After meeting a Sant we become nindaks and critize them directly,

which has the consequences in the above post from Sri Sukhmani Sahib,

In bani Gurmukh has also been refered to Guru Nanak Dev sahib ji

Gurmukh kal vich pargat hoaa||

Sant can also be Refering to Guru Sahib as sum tuks of bani have numerous meanings

I asked a Gursikh what the difference was of the above :Sant, Bhagat, Bhai, Baba, Gurmukh, Gursikh, Brahmgiyani

and he said their all the same,,

We just use these terms out of context,

like if i refer to myself as a gursikh thats not a true statement, becuaz i dont have the guns of a Gursikh im a baymukh and i dont wake up at amritvela im in love with maya making me a mayadhari,, so if i tie a big dastar it doesnt make me a gursikh,

Not to take a negative turn but the term sant is a very high Spiritual Rank, so i dont think ordinary ppl like me can give anyone this rank if i myself have no undertanding of What Gurbani says about A Sants Avastha so i basically think these terms are misused these days.

like for example:

myrw mnu swD jnW imil hirAw ]

maeraa man saadhh janaa(n) mil hariaa ||

Meeting with the Holy people, my mind blossoms forth.(ANG 1294)

Katha Track:

http://gurmatveechar.com/audio/katha/01_Puratan_Katha/Sant_Gurbachan_Singh_%28Bhindran_wale%29/Guru_Granth_Sahib_Larivaar_Katha/Volume_14_Ang_1254-1351/037--Sant.Gurbachan.Singh.%28Bhindran.wale%29--Raag.Kaanrha--Ang-1294.mp3

There are Beautiful Arth in the pothiya + recordings @ Gursevak.com

When i Listened to Sant baba Gurbachan Singh jis katha on this particualar Shabad,

Sant ji said that My mind Blossoms forth meeting Maharaj dey piyare-sadhus mahapursh, Baba Buddha ji,Bhagat,jan and Satsangi jano.

That tuk of bani shows how Saadh jan has a lot of synonyms

meaning:

1. A word having the same or nearly the same meaning as another word or other words in a language.

bhul de mafi bakso ate samath bakhso piyari sangat ji

Great post, just want to add my two pence worth. My understanding is this...

The object is to do naam simran to increase your kamai to help fight the 5 evils (Kahm, Krodh, Lobh, Moh, Hankaar).

A Sant, Giani, Bhagat is someone who has chosen to meditate on gods name and build there kamai to fight the 5 evils, think of them as on the right journey/path. Theyre main priority is naam simran, theyre job is naam simran.

What you got to understand is that sants are suseptible to the 5 evils and they use naam simran to keep these under control. When you hear of sants doing bad things its usually when theyre concentration has come away from simran and let in the evils or when theyre kamai has got to a level where theyre hankaar takes over. Unfortunately this is just human nature very similar to how a poor person can change from a nice caring person to a self rightoues, selfish <banned word filter activated> once they strike it rich.

There also the fake sants/babas that start off on the intention of ripping people off and using people to their advantage. They have and never had any interest in simran just other agendas.

Recent years we have had Katha vajak (people whos job it is to do Katha, this is their job), they are wrong fully labelled Babas, Sants, Brahmgiani etc because they explain gurbani well and seem to or do have a good understanding of Gurbani. The majority of these (not all) are doing this as part of their job similar to you and me going to work to earn money, when these people do something bad it becomes another fake baba story giving the Nindaks the fuel they need to light theyre Nindya fires.

A Brahmgiani, Puran Sant is someone who over many lifetimes have done theyre simran and overcome the 5 evils and are in theyre last human form. Thats why in the sukhmani Sahibji Sri Guru Arjan Devji has said Brahmgyani aap parmeshwar as the last post rightfully said they are attuned to God and are god themselves. They are above the 5 evils and these cant come near them.

My advice is stay away from the Nindaks and dont do nindya as you dont know the kamai of the person next to you let alone the sant/baba you are doing nindya of.

Will I ever get darshan of a Brahmgiani? - Only if I have the honesty and Kamai will a brahmgiani give me the privilage of darshan, the only way we can increase the chances are by staying away from the 5 evils and doing naam simran and praying to go of his darshan.

Here is the defination of Sant as per Mahan Kosh (B. Khan Singh Nabha)

ਸੰਤ

ਸੰਤੁ ਸੰ. ... ਸ਼ਾਂਤ. ਵਿ- ਮਨ ਇੰਦ੍ਰੀਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਜਿਸ ਨੇ ਟਿਕਾਇਆ ਹੈ ਸ਼ਾਂਤਾਤਮਾ. ''ਸੰਤ ਕੈ ਊਪਰਿ ਦੇਇ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਹਾਥ.'' (ਗੌਂਡ ਮ ੫) ਦੇਖੋ, ਅੰ. ... ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਵਿੱਚ ਸੰਤ ਦਾ ਲਛਣ ਅਤੇ ਮਹਿਮਾ ਇਸ ਤਰਾਂ ਹੈ-

ਸੰਤੁ ਜਿਨਾ ਸਾਸਿ ਗਿਰਾਸਿ ਨ ਵਿਸਰੈ ਹਰਿਨਾਮਾਾਂ ਮਨਿ ਮੰਤ, ਧੰਨੁ ਸਿ ਸੇਈ ਨਾਨਕਾ, ਪੂਰਨੁ ਸੋਈ ਸੰਤੁ.

ਸੰਤੁ (ਮ ੫. ਵਾਰ ਗਉ ੨)

ਸੰਤੁ ਆਠ ਪਹਰ ਨਿਕਟਿ ਕਰਿ ਜਾਨੈ,

ਸੰਤੁ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕਾ ਕੀਆ ਮੀਠਾ ਮਾਨੈ.

ਸੰਤੁ ਏਕੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਸੰਤਨ ਆਧਾਰੁ,

ਸੰਤੁ ਹੋਇ ਰਹੇ ਸਭ ਕੀ ਪਗਛਾਰੁ.

ਸੰਤੁ ਸੰਤ ਰਹਤ ਸੁਨਹੁ ਮੇਰੇ ਭਾਈ,

ਸੰਤੁ ਉਆ ਕੀ ਮਹਿਮਾ ਕਥਨੁ ਨ ਜਾਈ.

ਸੰਤੁ ਵਰਤਣਿ ਜਾਕੈ ਕੇਵਲ ਨਾਮ,

ਸੰਤੁ ਅਨਦ ਰੂਪ ਕੀਰਤਨੁ ਬਿਸਰਾਮ.

ਸੰਤੁ ਮਿਤ੍ਰ ਸਤ੍ਰ ਜਾਕੈ ਏਕ ਸਮਾਨੈ,

ਸੰਤੁ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਅਪੁਨੇ ਬਿਨ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਜਾਨੈ,

ਸੰਤੁ ਕੋਟਿ ਕੋਟਿ ਅਘ ਕਾਟਨਹਾਰਾ,

ਸੰਤੁ ਦੁਖ ਦੂਰਿ ਕਰਨ ਜੀਅ ਕੇ ਦਾਤਾਰਾ.

ਸੰਤੁ ਸੂਰਬੀਰ ਬਚਨ ਕੇ ਬਲੀ,

ਸੰਤੁ ਕਉਲਾ ਬਪੁਰੀ ਸੰਤੀ ਛਲੀ.

ਸੰਤੁ ਤਾਕਾ ਸੰਗੁ ਬਾਛਹਿ ਸੁਰਦੇਵ,

ਸੰਤੁ ਅਮੋਘ ਦਰਸੁ ਕਰੇ ਅਰਦਾਸਿ,

ਸੰਤੁ ਕਰਜੋੜਿ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਸਫਲ ਜਾਕੀ ਸੇਵ.

ਸੰਤੁ ਮੋਹਿ ਸੰਤਟਹਲ ਦੀਜੈ ਗੁਣਤਾਸਿ.

Gurmukh as defined by Bhai Gurdaas Jee

ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਵੇਲੇ ਉਠਿ ਕੈ ਜਾਇ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਦਰੀਆਉ ਨ੍ਹਵੰਦੇ ।

Getting up at the ambrosial hour of morning the Sikhs bathe in the river.

ਸਹਜਿ ਸਮਾਧਿ ਅਗਾਧਿ ਵਿਚਿ ਇਕ ਮਨਿ ਹੋਇ ਗੁਰ ਜਾਪੁ ਜਪੰਦੇ ।

By putting their mind in the unfathomable God through deep concentration, they remember Guru, the God by reciting Japu (Ji).

ਮਥੈ ਟਿਕੇ ਲਾਲ ਲਾਇ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਚਲਿ ਜਾਇ ਬਹੰਦੇ ।

Getting fully activated then they go to join the holy congregation of the saints.

ਸਬਦੁ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਲਿਵ ਲੀਣੁ ਹੋਇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਬਾਣੀ ਗਾਇ ਸੁਣੰਦੇ ।

Becoming absorbed in remembering and loving the sabad they sing and hear the Guru's hymns.

ਭਾਇ ਭਗਤਿ ਭੈ ਵਰਤਿਮਾਨਿ ਗੁਰ ਸੇਵਾ ਗੁਰਪੁਰਬ ਕਰੰਦੇ ।

They love to spend their time in meditation, service and fear of God and they serve the Gum by observing his anniversaries.

ਸੰਝੈ ਸੋਦਰੁ ਗਾਵਣਾ ਮਨ ਮੇਲੀ ਕਰਿ ਮੇਲਿ ਮਿਲਦੇ ।

They sing the Sodar in the evening and heartily associate with one another.

ਰਾਤੀ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਸੋਹਿਲਾ ਕਰਿ ਆਰਤੀ ਪਰਸਾਦੁ ਵੰਡੰਦੇ ।

Having recited the Sohila and made supplication at night they distribute sacred food (prasad).

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸੁਖ ਫਲੁ ਪਿਰਮ ਚਖੰਦੇ ॥੩॥

Thus gurmukhs gladly taste the fruit of happiness.

As I replied to AmarjitKaur in a PM earlier, if Baba Deep Singh Jee and Baba Budha Jee was enough when Guru Sahib were in human form, then there is no need for the word Sant or bhramgyani today. We must remember that Baba Budha Jee was said to be the limit of Sikhi by Dhan Guru Hargobind Sahib Jee.

ਪਉੜੀ ॥ ਧੰਨੁ ਧੰਨੁ ਸੋ ਗੁਰਸਿਖੁ ਕਹੀਐ ਜੋ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਚਰਣੀ ਜਾਇ ਪਇਆ ॥ ਧੰਨੁ ਧੰਨੁ ਸੋ ਗੁਰਸਿਖੁ ਕਹੀਐ ਜਿਨਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮਾ ਮੁਖਿ ਰਾਮੁ ਕਹਿਆ ॥

Pauree: Blessed, blessed is that Sikh of the Guru, who goes and falls at the Feet of the True Guru. Blessed, blessed is that Sikh of the Guru, who with his mouth, utters the Name of the Lord.

ਅਰਥ: ਉਸ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਨੂੰ ਧੰਨ ਧੰਨ ਆਖਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ ਜੋ ਆਪਣੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਚਰਨੀਂ ਜਾ ਲੱਗਦਾ ਹੈ, ਉਸ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਨੂੰ ਧੰਨ ਧੰਨ ਆਖਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ, ਜਿਸ ਨੇ ਮੂੰਹੋਂ ਹਰੀ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਉਚਾਰਿਆ ਹੈ।

ਧੰਨੁ ਧੰਨੁ ਸੋ ਗੁਰਸਿਖੁ ਕਹੀਐ ਜਿਸੁ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮਿ ਸੁਣਿਐ ਮਨਿ ਅਨਦੁ ਭਇਆ ॥ ਧੰਨੁ ਧੰਨੁ ਸੋ ਗੁਰਸਿਖੁ ਕਹੀਐ ਜਿਨਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸੇਵਾ ਕਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਲਇਆ ॥

Blessed, blessed is that Sikh of the Guru, whose mind, upon hearing the Lord's Name, becomes blissful. Blessed, blessed is that Sikh of the Guru, who serves the True Guru, and so obtains the Lord's Name.

ਅਰਥ: ਉਸ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਨੂੰ ਧੰਨੁ ਧੰਨੁ ਆਖਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ, ਜਿਸ ਦੇ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਹਰੀ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਸੁਣ ਕੇ ਚਾਅ ਪੈਦਾ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ, ਉਸ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਨੂੰ ਧੰਨ ਧੰਨ ਆਖਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਨੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਕਰ ਕੇ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਲੱਭਾ ਹੈ।

ਤਿਸੁ ਗੁਰਸਿਖ ਕੰਉ ਹੰਉ ਸਦਾ ਨਮਸਕਾਰੀ ਜੋ ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਭਾਣੈ ਗੁਰਸਿਖੁ ਚਲਿਆ ॥੧੮॥

I bow forever in deepest respect to that Sikh of the Guru, who walks in the Way of the Guru. ||18||

ਅਰਥ: ਮੈਂ ਸਦਾ ਉਸ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਅਗੇ ਆਪਣਾ ਸਿਰ ਨਿਵਾਉਂਦਾ ਹਾਂ, ਜੋ ਗੁਰਸਿੱਖ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਭਾਣੇ ਵਿਚ ਚੱਲਦਾ ਹੈ ॥੧੮॥

:D Kirtan of this Shabad by Ashupreet kaur + jatha: http://www.ektaone.com/zina/Keertani%20-%20International/Bibi%20Ashupreet%20Kaur%20%28Jalandhar%2C%20India%29/Bibi%20Ashupreet%20Kaur%20-%20Dhan%20Dhan%20So%20Gursikh%20Kaheeai.mp3?l=8&m=1

Dhan Dhan GuruGranth Sahib Ji MahaRaaj!!! Dhan Dhan Dasam Patshah Bani; BaliHaar!!!

Dhan Dhan Bhai Gurdas Ji Baani!!!

Dhan Dhan Bhai Nand Lal Singh Baani!!!

Dhan Dhan Bhai Gurdas Singh Baani!!!

As I replied to AmarjitKaur in a PM earlier, if Baba Deep Singh Jee and Baba Budha Jee was enough when Guru Sahib were in human form, then there is no need for the word Sant or bhramgyani today. We must remember that Baba Budha Jee was said to be the limit of Sikhi by Dhan Guru Hargobind Sahib Jee.

Yes but we know better so can use the word Sant where we want to.

Lets forget : 'Bhag Hoya Gur Sant Millaya', we all know who Guru Ji was referring to as Gur Sant yet some of us still continue to abuse the title and use the prefix for 600 odd people in punjab today. Just like we do not use the prefix Guru the Sant prefix should be dropped as no one can be even half equal to our Guru Ji or Bhagats.