Sikh Channel Just Another Tool For Trouble

AKSANTALI

VJKK VJKF

I recently found out that sikh channel refused to play any Sant Mann singh material, due to him being conterversial. Fair enough, but who is he sensitive to?? ok that certain jatha.

But i find that jatha alot more conterversial to me and also alot of other sangat agree. Now, will my feelings be considered?? well that depends how much we provide them in terms of maya.

Yesterday that 10 hour smagam was like a children in need appeal, 10 hours of begging for money from our gursikh brothers to then run a tv station that plays what they feel is best.

I already know that Italy sangat have given a final warning to the non sikh brothers at sikh channel, that play sant mann singhs smagams or they are gonna stop funding. sangat i know of which runs into about 150 is willing to do the same here in the uk.

Why is it that brit asia can run for free but gurbani costs money?? Sikh events, news, parchaar was happening along time before sikh channel arrived and no doubt along time after sikh channel will go.

Also yesterday during the begging appeal someones man-mat got aired, paaji said dont go to "sant-mahaants or any dera wale" well my friend you are following one the most prominent and recognised saints in this century Bramgyani Sant Randhir Singh.

Vjkk Vjkf

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great another newbie stirrer above..all you wanted to do is stir trouble with this post. It's amazing to see people refer to the term "beg" for a Panthic project when it's really a "responsibilty"..but if you lack a panthic mindset then you will only be good for seeing the worst in the panth and attacking anything that is an intangible benefit to the Panth

Why blame the Sikh Channel for the difference in opinions that exist in todays Panth... Like any other media, the Channel has to attempt to present a balanced viewpoint of the Panth as it stands today, it shows different Sikhs and their opinions which we can't escape from. In everyday Sikh life there are Sant haters, Sant lovers, Ragmala promotors, anti-Ragmala promotors, Dasam Bani/Anti-Dasam Bani promotors, Meat promotors, Vegetarian promotors etc. These differences (whether we like it nor not) exist and it's this mix which makes up the Panth at this presence in time. All the Sikh Channel are doing is giving Sikhs their TV voice, but many of us are so engrosed in our own self-importance we can't see that.

Why compare Sikh Channel to Brit Asia? Do we not have a panthic obligation to promote and financially support a Sikh Channel? Are we expecting it to be funded by some millionaire because collectively the Global Sikh community were incapable to set a channel up?

Ludhiana attack on Sikhs would not have recieved the pro-panthic coverage on any other channel. If you can't think of any benefit of the channel, then at least realise that the coverage is essential and our responsibilty is to ensure that media voice exists, because there's worse to come...

This kind of consistant assault on the ONLY Sikh Channel (the ONLY TV voice that we have) is an assault on our Voice. People now need to get off their big backsides and start taking positive step towards ensuring we have the correct "INFRASTRUCTURE" in place for the coming years (a Sikh Channel is key in this), especially with what will happen in Punjab in those coming years...

Sant Mann Singh was under some serious allegations a while back, I don't know what the status of those are.

Whether true or false, I guess that may be part of the reason people are taking to S. Dhadrianwale so much. He doesn't have any of that kind of stain. (No one has accused S. Ranjit Singh ji of a bajjar kurehit.)

That seems to be the general perception.

In everyday Sikh life there are Sant haters, Sant lovers, Ragmala promotors, anti-Ragmala promotors, Dasam Bani/Anti-Dasam Bani promotors, Meat promotors, Vegetarian promotors etc.

LOL

the guy who accused Sant Maan Singh said that he had made up alegations about him. it was enginered by another guy who was jealous of the big guy.

militant guy, there are many who would like to see him. What understanding/balance could we come to over this?

That's interesting, do you have any more information on this? Was this reported anywhere, or did you hear this through sangat?