Can Some Please Explain What Is Going On In This Video

T_Singh

Dear Sangat Jee,

I am just wondering if someone could shed some light on the video. I came across this and was suprised. I know some of the UK sangat attend the small circle in Swindon who has learnt from this Person (Sewa Singh).

If you watch the video, I was shocked and suprised that in Guru Sahib Hazooree some people have their kes and dastaar(n) everywhere. Some may argue they have become mast, I would however disagree. I certainly do not believe that during the time of Guru Gobind Singh Jee (and after) during amrithvela that Guru Jee and the singhs would get together and Jap naam like this let their dastaara(n) fly everywhere and then go to battle or daily routines. Dhan Dhan Guru Granth Sahib Jee IS Guru Gobdind Singh Jee; a certain amount of respect is needed in Guru Jee's presence.

Please have a look and share your thoughts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0mf33VPQdI

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you watch the video, I was shocked and suprised that in Guru Sahib Hazooree some people have their kes and dastaar(n) everywhere. Some may argue they have become mast, I would however disagree.

vjkk vjkf

i dont think anybody can argue a situation which uncovers someones kesh in guru maharaj's presnece, 100% beaadhbi of maharaj mad.gif and if somebody does think its mast, well its not, its clearly insanity because they obviously think japping naam is accounted for and is absolutely fine while doing beaadhbi... its not, fools

vjkk vjkf

Honestly, this stuff isn't even in the slightest funny. We are on a slippery slope if this is the direction our brothers are taking. I could understand if the out of the entire sangat there was one or two people who were experieincing this but this is something else. As soon as the Naam Jaap starts every single person starts to shake their heads violently. How can all of these people have the same experience at the exact same time?

For me the most precious and valuable thing to me is my Kesh, I couldn't imagine have my keski on th floor and my kanga lying in someones feet as i swing my hair in circles. Would our father have prescribed this? We're supposed to be tyaar by tyaar. Were has the common sense gone? It seems that we are so easily led.

WJKK WJKF.

He is not the Guy from Swindon, but from what I have been told the person from Swindon has been taught from the guy in the Video (Sewa Sing Tarmala); and at Swindon it's the same things that have been taught as in the Video. I wonder if the followers of this group in India or UK who attend have an explanation for this? Shocking behaviour.

Thanks for posting this.

The video is of Seva Singh Tarmala, probably from India. Apparently, the Swingdon group is affiliated with him.

A couple of comments:

1) The user who posted this on Youtube (niarakh) is anti-Tarmala. Yet, at the same time his other posts are videos in favour of Gurbachan Singh Thailandwala of Gurmat Gian Missionary College of Ludhiana.

Thailandwala has been identified as a opponent of Sikh history as we know it.

I don't know if the reason the missionary is against Tarmala is because they recite Naam in a violent manner, or just because they japp naam at all.

2) I can't quite say that I agree with the use of violent bodily movements to bring on a spiritual state.

I mean, I guess I could see people going mast after hours of naam simran, and losing their consciousness of what their body is doing, but the video clearly showings people flailing about just a few seconds after starting the recitation sesssion.

There's also the factor that group psychology often takes over when you join a new group. You are (mentally) pressured to act according to the group, and that can involve acting out the bodily movements.

I mean if you attend a few sessions, and just sit still and don't feel anything, and you see people around you flailing, aren't you going to wonder "Well, maybe they know something I don't, why don't I try what they're doing."

Also, I think there was a topic post a while back where moving around was becoming prevalent in the AKJ jatha, then somebody pointed out that the older Sikhs in that jatha did not used to move their heads when japping.

Benti with folded hands to the whole sangat (whole Sikh panth): Move your tongue and not your body.

3) I guess it's true that it's better to have Sikhs in a group like this than going to somebody like Ashutosh.

Basically, it seems that this group promotes keeping hair, etc and japping naam, albeit violently.

One other thing they say is you're supposed to have darshan of God first, and then take amrit, which seems backward. And some other stuff.

4) The seeming unthinking loyalty to whatever Tarmala says is the type of thing that can end up bad. E.g., after Tarmala dies, the next leader could come up with even more weird stuff. That's what happened to the Namdhaaris.

5) Normal Sikhi: Take amrit, keep kakkars, do nitnem, avoid 4 bajjer kurehits, and japp naam to the max.

Tarmala's Sikhi: Japp naam violently, become what they call a "sant", and then take amrit (if you want to).

Conclusion: If this group discards some of the weirder stuff, they can be a force for parchar of normal Sikhi like S. Dhadrianwale is doing.

This is just pure mockery and no respect for doing Naam Simran. What in the world do you get by shaking yourself voilently. If you want that then get in a ufc ringh or get in a boxing match and get ur lights turned out. It's a great experience and maybe it'll give these moorakhs brain a kick start.

At least some of those people in the video had common sense and sat there without looking like wabble heads.

Hath jor ke benti to all involved in the Tarmala group:

Plese use whatever personal influence you may have to veer this group towards normal Sikhi, and drop the weird stuff.

Thinking that Bhai Seva Singh Tarmala is the only one who has ever talked about naam simran is basically haumai. Thinking that the way to japp naam is violently is also a mistake.

Just come back to normal Sikhi, and the whole Sikh panth will be OK with you.

Hath jor ke benti to all involved in the Tarmala group:

Plese use whatever personal influence you may have to veer this group towards normal Sikhi, and drop the weird stuff.

Thinking that Bhai Seva Singh Tarmala is the only one who has ever talked about naam simran is basically haumai. Thinking that the way to japp naam is violently is also a mistake.

Just come back to normal Sikhi, and the whole Sikh panth will be OK with you.

Singh what I said they are doing is shaking themselves voilently. And they(in the video) are not doing Naam Simran just shaking themselves.