Can Some Please Explain What Is Going On In This Video

T_Singh

The Word is the Guru, and the surti (of the soul) is a disciple of the sound (of the word). In practical terms, it means that when the Word is spoken, listen to the sound of the Word with your surti; your surti will merge into the Word.

Bhai sahib ji

In this pankti it does not refer to spoken word. It is shabad that is being heard without being spoken.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bhai Sahib Jeoo, alot have thins hve changed since the time of bhai sahib bhai randheer singh jee, the jatha didnt used to do simran in kirtan, used to beleive in sampooran dasm granth sahib jee aswell.

The post wasnt intended anyway to cuss the jatha, im sorry if it seemed like that, its just its funny how its ok for akj to move head becasue we they they are getting rass of naam etc and everyone agrees, buts whats to say these people are not getting rass aswell.

(however tarmala is dodgy, so dont think im agreeing with him - just making a point)

hahahhahaha Sorry but MR Khalistan Zindabad, I was waiting for your repsonse and it was so obvious you was gunna write somethign against AKJ, your just a hater any chance you get. Its simple you wanna jump up an down and say vaheguru go for it you wanna bang your head agaisnt the wall and say vaheguru go for it you wanna bungy jump all day long and say vaehguru thats great.

All i can say is that all the people in that video are hgiher than me spiritualy ... atleast they are japping naam, wether they are misguided or not only Guru ji knows

It's obvious that the singhs in the bhai harpreet Singh video are NOT faking it, if one was to fake it he would stop after a bit, no one can fake head movements for that long it's just not possible, these avasthas are mentioned in baani, being "loat poat" and "bowra" meaning crazy for akaal purakh, don't hate.

From a non "AKJ"

Akhand Keertani Jatha does not tell you to or teach you to Japp Naam like this in the video. The method of Japping Naam is taught from the Punj...

I can certainly say that Akhand Keertani Jatha DOES NOT teach or believe in moving your body the way in this video, yes at times you may have seen people in sangath rehainsubaees moving but Not to that extent ... I personally knew a person affliated to Taksaal who would move to Keertan... If you have done sangath and seen of many of the elders in UK you will see that and know Akhand Keertani Jatha does not at all promote or encourage this behaviour.

OK, so here we have it. T_Singh has stated AKJ does not promote bodily movements as a way of japping naam. Hath jor key benti to everyone (in AKJ, Tarmala, Taksal, Parmeshar Duar or whereever) do the inner bhagti with your soul, and not your body.

The outer bhagti that is done with the body is seva (serving langar, washing dishes, dusting shoes, chaur sahib, deg, etc.).

I can't think of a single puratan mahapurkh whose body started flailing when in the higher spiritual states. Rather their bodies would become totally still in sunn samadh avastha where they wouldn't be aware of even a fly coming to sit on their face.

Look, you're wasting much of your energy in moving the body. If you just sit still, the energy can be focused on Naam, thereby being all the more powerful.

In this pankti it does not refer to spoken word. It is shabad that is being heard without being spoken.

OK, that's a good interpretation, too. In any case, I think you would agree that inner bhagti is being stressed in the tuk.

I do not endorse what tarmala does.

But let us not equate akaj with tarmalas. Akj is a respected organ of panth and live a gurmukh life.

When one does bhagti and at higher level of consciousness body movements are not under control.

These are vibrations that are felt when listening to gurbani. So let us not pass unnecassary comments if we

do not know stages of bhagti.

These things are normal.

isnt it similar to what happens at rensbhais, i have personally seen similar body movements at rensbais.

on a side not, yeh tarmala is dodgy, check his website and his visit to darbaar sahib to check his following out

VaahegurooJeeKaaKhaalsaa, VaahegurooJeeKeeFaateh!!

Bhai Khalistan Zindabad Veer jee firstly AKJ has nothing to do with this Swindon group. Secondly I have never seen this amount of shaking in a rainsbai. Thirdly the elder singhs in the jatha always promote doing simran in sehaj.

Your always talking about ekta and how the panth should come toegther, then at the same time your always making false and fairy tale stories up about the jatha and gursikhs in jatha. If we want ekta, then we have to accept other jathas views.

The difference between the Tarmala group and AKJ is that 1) on the one hand the AKJ elders (according to the above posts) discourage bodily movement as a form of bhagti.

2) Whereas, on the other hand, it's actively encouraged by Bhai Seva Singh Tarmala, and also it's taken as a sign of grace in that group.

Funny thing about signs. The Calvinists believed that God would give riches to those that he favoured. Then people turned it around and started trying to become rich, so they could claim to be favourites of God. Humkire has analysed it well in his post above.

No one is attacking the AKJ as such. Some youth appear to have fallen into moving their bodies as a crutch, and I hope we can very kindly ask them to not do so as it turns Satguru's darbar into a disco.