Relationship/marriage With Relative Allowed In Humanity?

gurmzz

No way!

If not the cultural perspective, look at the genetic reasons why we shouldn't marry relatives. It's wrong from all angles.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

totally agree with this statement plus i dont know man it just seem sick ur blood is ur blood man how people can see there cos in that way is beyond me !!!!

random question, but do you guyz think its alrite to marry a cuzin...I say yes cuz they have got a different last name than u and part of a different family...wat r ur views on this?

WJKK WJKF!

G S Kapoor, I can understand why you're asking this question, because your surname shows you belong to that 'group' of Sikhs that do practice first cousin marriage, and I can understand you wanting approval for things that go on among the khatris. Frankly though, you will not get that from the vast majority of Sikhs. For the vast majority of Sikhs never mind first cousin marriage, but even 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th all the way up to 99th cousin marriage is tantamount to incest. Growing up here in West London, incest / marrying first cousin thing used to be the stick that us Sikhs used when referring to distasteful muslim practices. That was when the Sikh community was almost entirely made up of Jatts and Tarkhans. Then, about 15 years ago, thousands upon thousands of Sikhs from Afghanistan appeared in these Hounslow / Southall neighbourhoods. These Afghan Sikhs were made up entirely of Aroras / Khatris. To the horror and shock of the west London sikh community we found that these khatri Sikhs, just like muslims, marry their first cousins. Pooah's sons / daughters...massi's sons / daughters....mamme's sons / daughters etc. :o

The local muslims here have had a field day about it. "What is it you used to say about us muslims" they tease us with. :sad:

marrying cousins is frowned upon in indian culture. There is a teaching in the vedas about not marrrying the those who you share certain links with genetically.

In islam there is the common practice of cousins/relatives marrying but not absolutely.

So, maybe these thousands of afghan sikhs having seen the muslims do it, have probably relaxed themselves a little on this practice.

It's true that Gurbani doesn't state this. Yet Gurbani also doesn't state explicitly (to my memory) that a father isn't supposed to have relations with his daughter. But the conclusion to be drawn from that, I think, is not that it's OK to marry your daughter, but rather that Gurbani is not the complete statement on what we should and should not do.

Bhai Gurdas ji does mention in a certain vaar that even sinners who are run after every woman fear to do so in front of their sisters. Indirectly, that means, of course, that you're not supposed to have relations with your sister.

Bhai Gurdas ji and Bhai Nand Lal ji say that we should view same-age girls as our sisters. But that only has meaning if we don't have sexual relations with our sisters, otherwise what's the point of saying view them as your sisters?

By the way, that's for girls that you're not related to. So why have relations with the ones you are related to?

WAHEGURUJIKAKHALSAWAHEGURUJIKEFATEH.

I was reading Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji's rehatnama regarding Gursikh marriage. Guru Ji states that a Gursikh has to refrain from marriage from two surnames,namely; thier own (paternal) and nanakay (maternal).

As per the above a Gursikh cannot marry: Massi's offspring (same maternal surname).

Cannot marry Pooah's offspring (maternal/paternal clash).

Cannot marry Mamma's offspring (Maternal surname clash).

Other than the two surnames there is no other instruction as per my understanding.