A New Sikh Tv Channel?

*mod edit*

Jai Singh you still have not answered my questions where in posts have I mentioned Sant Ji *edit*

and just a quick comment for H Bangal - could you please stop trying to hide this discussion we will not be stopped

I am well pleased to hear about another Sikh Channel on Sky. Bring it on!

I do have every sympathy for The Sikh Channel who have struggled for the past year to keep the channel afloat and now that it has taken off, others want to try and pull it off aswell. For the sangat it is a positive move as more Sikhi parchar the better. Not every programme on the Sikh Channel is to everyone's taste so if you have a choice I see no harm in that.

If there are more to come then may they all succeed with Waheguru Ji's kirpa in spreading the knowledge of Sikhi, because that is what it should be all about at the end of day

One simple question to you, when you going to give up your terrorist propoaganda? When you going to accept Bhindrawala was the root cause of terror in punjab, and the starting point to all atrocities.

Jai Singh Ji, the trouble in panjab was not started in 1980s. It started way back in 1947, after the Indian state refused to honour pre-partition promises made to Sikhs. This is the basis of the grievance that the sikh people have had with the indian state.

I think the present sikh channel on 840 is sponsored by either muslims or Pakistan government as thyre always praising muslims.

Also please dont reply to me if youre going to. accuse me of being a Hindu or traitor or Congress lover. I am neither, infact I am sikh who is concerned about too many muslim influences coming to sikh media and society.

If you dont wish to be accused of being something you are not, then why accuse Channel 840 of being sponsered by the muslims?

People in glass houses.

I've said what I had to say, if you dont like it its not my problem. it is apparent that you dont want to hear different opinions, so i wont bother to continue.

On the contrary Jai Singh Ji, I welcome different opinions. What I ( and the members on this forum ) do not want to hear is hypocritical opinions. I would rather that you sat down and read about the history of partition and after before you begin any discussions on this subject again, unless you you wish to portray yourself as a person with limited knowledge of Panjabi and Indian history.

To blame Bhindranwale and terrorism is the easy way out. Im sure you are made of better stuff than this. Good luck if you do decide to act on my request. If you need any help pm me.

I've said what I had to say, if you dont like it its not my problem. it is apparent that you dont want to hear different opinions, so i wont bother to continue.

On the contrary Jai Singh Ji, I welcome different opinions. What I ( and the members on this forum ) do not want to hear is hypocritical opinions. I would rather that you sat down and read about the history of partition and after before you begin any discussions on this subject again, unless you you wish to portray yourself as a person with limited knowledge of Panjabi and Indian history.

To blame Bhindranwale and terrorism is the easy way out. Im sure you are made of better stuff than this. Good luck if you do decide to act on my request. If you need any help pm me.

To demand khalistan on just what happened in 1984 due to wrongdoings of some indivduals on both sikh and non-sikh sides; is very short sighted stance, and is also the sign of a weak person in my opinion.

good luck to you also, i hope your minds opens for the greater good in the future.

by the way I have an MA in history, I am well read in Indian history, maybe thats why my opinions are not as narrow minded as yours.

Leave it Jai, theyre just provoking you in to one liner response, so they can make themselves look right and you wrong. theyre not going to listen or change.

For khalistan info and good response to some these questions please ref:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalistan

I've read loads on khalistan and indian history, and spoken to ppl who were in punjab in late 70s and early 80s, and ppl who lived in amritsar in 84, and in conclusion i am not in favour of khalistan. last thing ppl in punjab and india need is more violence and terror, extremism. i thing most ppl in india have changed now and they dont want those days back. but its a shame, some sikhs living outside india, want all the trouble back.

so Jai just leave, these type of ppl are a part of life. let them carry on, there opinion is theres ours is ours.

Bas karo hun, evi lari jande, i thought sikhi is all about being equal, and havin peace in this world, sharing, its multi-cultural society nowadays.

Sant Bhindrawale ji was a gr8 man in with his own qualities, but th world shld not be divided, baaki twanu pata hoga, eh topic tha kade mukni ni, loka ne dunia chadke chalejana, dunia ne lari jana. how abt prayin to god, instead.