THE 4 STAGES OF LIFE AND THE 10 STAGES OF MAAYAA

P_Singh

Dear Sangat,

Waheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguroo Ji Ki Fateh!

Now that I have FINALLY finished my exams, I thought I should spend more time working on sikhi related things, and specifically, learning from you all and giving back something in return. I typed all of this out as I REALLY, REALLY like it a lot and its soo true (NOT sure who wrote it, but its great!). I thought that it might help others, or your understanding…PLEASE take your time to read it and share your views…

The 4 stages of life and the 10 stages of Maayaa

Stage 1 (Age 0 to 1 year)

0) Before Milk

1) Milk

In the womb, upside down, you prayed. You were saved from the fire because you prayed to God. God’s pen writes your destiny. Your human body was completed in the 10th month. You come to the world naked. Your mind is pure and you drink milk. Your mother and father love you (maayaa – attachment). You came because you have performed good deeds. It is your chance to do something good for the next world. Slowly you begin to start liking this world.

Stage 2 (Age 1 to 12)

2) Mother & Father

3) Sisters, Brothers & Relatives

4) Playing Games

(Age 13 to 32)

5) Eating & Drinking

6) Lust

You love this world and you forget Naam. Your mother and father think you are theirs. You perform bad deeds because everything but Naam seems sweet. You cant tell the difference between good and bad. You become attached to your youth and beauty. Day and night you are lustful.

Stage 3 (Age 33 to 62)

7) House, Money,

Family & Possessions

8) Anger

You want to be rich and you want to be beautiful. You never think about Vaheguroo but you always think of money and beauty. You are getting greedy and you gather poison. You have forgotten the Saadh Sangat and you keep bad company and you are attached to your wife/husband and children. You do no religious deeds and you waste your life.

Stage 4 (Over 62)

9) White hair, Difficult to breathe

10) Body becomes Dust.

The Next World

Your body becomes old and weak. Your eyes go blind, your ears cant hear and your tongue cannot taste. You have wasted your life and have done nothing good. The call of death nears and the Maayaa you fell in love with will not go with you. Your breath comes to an end. Death takes you away and nobody knows where you have gone. You did no good in this world so you will have to be reborn and die again and again.

SUMMARY

The relatives cry

The swan (soul) leaves the body

The soul came, then it left, and the name is erased from this world

The family performs rituals

The manmukh was blindly in love with this world

Without the Guroo, the whole world has drowned pray.gif

• 3 years later...