bowing to sants

kam1825

Kirpaa Kurkay saaree Gurbani noo aatha smait soach vichaar kay paro.

Please read all of Gurbani with aarths while comtemplatiing on each shabad and before that

get some training on how to read and understand Gurbani.

I advice you to do the same veer ji.

Bhainji, those that have and know. I will take that advice for sure. No worries but the great Gurmukhs who spent 24/7 of their life on Gurbani say it. Yes, I will do so. For now, I rely on aarths done by Prof. Sahib Singh as they are accepted by Akaal Takht as the teekah to use. I do try to do aarths when I have time but mostly Prof. Sahib Singh ones are the best there is. I don't follow the aarths that he does blindly. If it looks like he made a mistake, I go over. Gurbani is deep but understandable. Time has to be spent. No offence but not sure that a lot of the chelas who show up here have spent any time on it. I also request a sadh chela to do Shud Gurbani paath. Load a clip.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

No I heard it from a Viasakhi Sakhi along time ago. I also found it on Sikhiwiki::

The next vital change occurred when the Tenth Guru created the Khalsa. Since Guru Gobind Singh wanted a complete transformation of Sikh society, he ordered the overhauling of two fundamental institutions of the Sikhs. The first was the substitution of Khande di Pahul for Charan Pahul and the second was the substitution of Vahiguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vahiguru Ji Ki Fateh for Pairi Pauna. Sarup Das Bhalla, Mahima Prakash, describes the end of the custom of the Charan Pahul graphically in the following verse:

The Guru collected the washing of his feet in a jar,

Sealed its mouth with wax,

And consigned it to the River Sutlej

In its place he now ordained Khande di Pahul

Thus, the practice of administering Charan Pahul was discarded and along with it was discarded the former mode of greeting, Pairi Pauna. In its place the Panth was now given a new salutation, a new form of greeting, Vahiguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vahiguru Ji Ki Fateh (Khalsa belongs to God, and to Him alone belongs the Victory).

hmm.....

Do u mean touching there feet as a sign of respect or falling to their feet????

and i do bow down to sants... but i choose to bow down to them :)

:@ @ Do u mean bowing down touching feet?, or u bow down like u would to Guru Granth Sahib Ji????

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

It would be the highest honor to be a Sikh from 1500s-1700s being able to bow to the first 10 Gurus. but........ I put that effort in when I bow to the Shabad Guru because the body is different but the jyot is the same.

It would be the highest honor to be a Sikh from 1500s-1700s being able to bow to the first 10 Gurus. but........ I put that effort in when I bow to the Shabad Guru because the body is different but the jyot is the same.

are you saying you never bow down to sri sing sahib harbhajan singh ji yogi or seen your fellow devote's bowing down to him?