bowing to sants

kam1825

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru jiki fateh jio

this is the answer i got from guru sahib...(again do read the tuks khalsapreet put in his post)

"ghat ghat ayk varatdaa jal thal mahee-al pooray. ||4||

In each and every heart, the One Lord is pervading. He is totally permeating the water, the land, and the sky. ||4||

pwp ibnwsnu syivAw pivqR sMqn kI DUry ]5] (133-2, mwJ, mÚ 5)

paap binaasan sayvi-aa pavitar santan kee Dhooray. ||5||

I serve the Destroyer of sin, and I am sanctified by the dust of the feet of the Saints. ||5||"

"cyiq goivMdu ArwDIAY hovY Anµdu Gxw ] (133-11, mwJ, mÚ 5)

chayt govind araaDhee-ai hovai anand ghanaa.

In the month of Chayt, by meditating on the Lord of the Universe, a deep and profound joy arises.

sMq jnw imil pweIAY rsnw nwmu Bxw ] (133-11, mwJ, mÚ 5)

sant janaa mil paa-ee-ai rasnaa naam bhanaa.

Meeting with the humble Saints, the Lord is found, as we chant His Name with our tongues."

"man tan pi-aas darsan ghanee ko-ee aan milaavai maa-ay.

My mind and body are so thirsty for the Blessed Vision of His Darshan. Won't someone please come and lead me to him, O my mother.

sMq shweI pRym ky hau iqn kY lwgw pwie ] (135-1, mwJ, mÚ 5)

sant sahaa-ee paraym kay ha-o tin kai laagaa paa-ay.

The Saints are the helpers of the Lord's lovers; I fall and touch their feet."

"

mwiG mjnu sMig swDUAw DUVI kir iesnwnu ] (135-18, mwJ, mÚ 5)

maagh majan sang saaDhoo-aa Dhoorhee kar isnaan.

In the month of Maagh, let your cleansing bath be the dust o

f the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy.

hir kw nwmu iDAwie suix sBnw no kir dwnu ] (135-19, mwJ, mÚ 5)

har kaa naam Dhi-aa-ay sun sabhnaa no kar daan.

Meditate and listen to the Name of the Lord, and give it to everyone."

"Plguix Anµd aupwrjnw hir sjx pRgty Awie ] (136-4, mwJ, mÚ 5)

fulgun anand upaarjanaa har sajan pargatay aa-ay.

In the month of Phalgun, bliss comes to those, unto whom the Lord, the Friend, has been revealed.

sMq shweI rwm ky kir ikrpw dIAw imlwie ] (136-4, mwJ, mÚ 5)

sant sahaa-ee raam kay kar kirpaa dee-aa milaa-ay.

The Saints, the Lord's helpers, in their mercy, have united me with Him."

and ofcourse the path we read every night...before sleepin...

"Antar jami purakh bidatey sardha mun ki poorey

Nanak das eihai sukh maagai mo ko kar santan ki dhoorae"

slave naanak begs for that bliss - make me the dust of the saadh sangat's feet(khalsapreet wrote this as well and explained it well)

above most tukhs are from baarah maahaa (pana 133-136)

so is it wrong to touch sants feet blush.gif ..umm let me read the above hukums of guru sahib again..may be then my mind would come to understand what guru sahib ji is saying

bhul chuk muaff karni....

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru jiki fateh

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

actually, bhenji, sants are also here forever

bani says sants never die

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

True, sants are here forever.

BUT NO-ONE can tell who's a sant, and whos not. Seriously, as someone mentioned in a different post, there were no "sants" in Gurujee's time... even those Gurmukhs who had written in the Guru Granth Sahib were not called Sant. Now, suddenly, we have a million of 'em?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh

!!

No ONe???? that is an exageration ji. yes it is difficult to know the fake from the real, but regardless if you honesly go to an individual regarded as a saint and you go with open heart, wide open to receive whatever is given, you will know whether this person is a fake or a real.

I will post an article out of a book which explains this in detail.

here i've posted it in the literature section.

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=...=ST&f=12&t=5443

thanks Khalsapreet for the correction.

One question for everyone is that what does a Saint not have that the Guru Granth Sahib has, that has made some of you create a distinction between the 2.  The sant is a Sant not because of his clothes but of his Giaan and his Personal experience.    The Guru is Giaan, so what is the difference again?  Just because that giaan is walking talking in a physical forum, its not right?  

One more thing, NO true Saint will every say he is a Saint.  That is a major give away to pseudo-saints.  A true Saint will claim to be of no one. 

Waheguru.

In my views...

Guru Granth Sahib ji is the perfect one. WHy. Jio has the perfect form of all what waheguru ji is. A Sant gets his or her gyaan from Guru Granth Sahib, making Guru Granth Sahib the more supreme one, cuz all da knowledge comes from guru ji. So which one would u rather follow, the original source, or one who has become a sant after learning from the source.

Another thing, would the 'sant' know all of the knowledge of waheguru ji. Guru Granth Sahib ji is perfect and knows all the character

ristics, secrets, sources of waheguru ji.

That is da difference in my opinion.

bhul chuk maph! (Just came out of a midterm, if i said anything wrong forgive me... :e: )

The Guru Granth ji is the Gyaan of the Saints...it is because of the Saints and Bhagats and Gurus does the Guru Granth sahib exists. It over flows with of their experiences and gyaan. Those saints were true so true is their bani which is captured in the Guru Granth Sahib.

Original source is He who cannot be captured with words. Saints/Gurus are simply the medium who guide you with words to bring you to the wordlessness. Without Shabad, we would be lost, but the shabad is not the destination, it is the silence that is the destination. It is the emptyness, to make yourself hollow as the flute so the beloved can play his music thru you....you must become his instrument. Before that can happen you must become hollow for him.

As for you saying the guru knows all, yes the Guru knows all, but even he will say he cannot be captured with words, there is no end to his existence, he is limitless, he is infinite. Yet it is our Bhaav and love that give birth to such thoughts.

to everyone...i am getting the feeling from this thread that there seem to be a general thought of an order of status of such individuals, please correct me or make me understand how this order goes if such exits.

Guru>Saint>Bhagat>Sikhs

with regards to bowing to sants in front of the Guru being a hukamnama. All sikhs should be aware of this as this is disrespect and should not be done this is accepted by all sants.

For further on this please listen to the katha by Sant baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Bhindrawalae on Bhai Gurdas Di Varan Di Katha. It is in the first MP3 of the lot.

Sants make sikhi grow and make manmukhs like me realise things like this.

just look at the world of Sikhi today.

Sants fund schools, publish magazines and papers, do massive sant smagams for parchar, fund gurdwaras. Bring the katha to the public in order to teach us and put us on the path of truth.

Without them where would we be today!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

sorry for going a bit off topic..

what abt metha theek(ing) to our nishan sahib?..i heard ppl say that we should go 5 rounds around the nishan sahib n metha thek...is that right? but didnt our gurus tell us not to metha theek to anything other than the sggs only?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!