Meat Being Served In Langar

The Akal Takht need to consult the education authorities to introduce the availabilty of learning Sikh religous laws for all ages willing to learn and devot extra time to understand the principles. Education is the answer to the wrong doing in our culture. Let's face it ... We all see others doing something and follow the same trend . EDUCATION !

Pyaaara u think ur god let's have it out !

Please accept my apologies if I have represented myself as something superior. Let's just simply look at the issue at hand and see how it can be resolved or even turned around.

If you have a direct connection with the Southampton Committee, perhaps get the message to them that if they openly condemn the actions of serving meat on the Gurdwara premises via a letter then it will be great positive publicity for them.....

Guest southamptonsingh

Please accept my apologies if I have represented myself as something superior. Let's just simply look at the issue at hand and see how it can be resolved or even turned around.

If you have a direct connection with the Southampton Committee, perhaps get the message to them that if they openly condemn the actions of serving meat on the Gurdwara premises via a letter then it will be great positive publicity for them.....

what do u think of the video i posted.?

Guest southamptonsingh

When speaking to a couple of local Sikhs, they said that as far as they are aware the English breakfast is still served at this Gurdwara on Sundays, however, they were not willing to go to the Gurdwara to confirm this as it's "not their Gurdwara".

Ridiculous comment. Never has meat been served on Sundays. It was only ever permitted on weddings as part of a welcome NOT lanagar (still wrong).

And for a person to say "it's not their gurdwara" is stupid. God houses is everyones. If you are a TRUE SIKH then you will confront the issue. Not listen to hearsay. Not assume. And espcially in the case of the gentleman who visited said gurdwara last week, NOT misrepresent the issue.

Pyaara I am still waiting on your response to the video.

southamptonsingh/tikka,

Welcome to the forum.

From my experiences on this forum, there is little benefit in debating this issue, no matter how articulate we think we are. Not only it will be clouded by a smokescreen of individual prejudices people seem to have developed over the years against each other but Akal Takht Sahib has made the dharmic policy decision for the entire Sikh nation. It is there in black and white, the specific edict (Sandesh issued April 2006) from Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib’s pavitar astaan has been posted above on this thread.

Pyara has suggested a forward looking approach. If, as the sangat members from Southampton are claiming this does not happen at Southampton Gurdwara, then the Gurdwara committee can simply go on record and categorically say they always endorse Akal Takht Sahib marayda and meat is never be served on any of the properties of the Gurdwara. This will close the open issue and I am sure the videos could also be requested to be taken down.