Meat Being Served In Langar

This Gurdwara still has a party hall that the committee gives out to people for events that include meat and alcohol. There is no justification for this behavior and anyone who is in support of such behavior has no clue about Gurmat and is not following Gurmat. The UK sangat is moving forward in stopping these manmat practices and this means bad news for those that want to profit off of it. So you will get people coming on these sites saying these things don't take place. Don't believe a word they say because they are worried about their pockets getting fatter and wishing Sikhi goes down the drain. It's bad enough these manmat practices came into our holiest places, Gurdwaras, but now the sangat of UK should focus on not letting new buildings as such under the Gurdwaras be built and stop and/or close down the current ones from continuing this slander of Sikhi.

This Gurdwara still has a party hall that the committee gives out to people for events that include meat and alcohol. There is no justification for this behavior and anyone who is in support of such behavior has no clue about Gurmat and is not following Gurmat. The UK sangat is moving forward in stopping these manmat practices and this means bad news for those that want to profit off of it. So you will get people coming on these sites saying these things don't take place. Don't believe a word they say because they are worried about their pockets getting fatter and wishing Sikhi goes down the drain. It's bad enough these manmat practices came into our holiest places, Gurdwaras, but now the sangat of UK should focus on not letting new buildings as such under the Gurdwaras be built and stop and/or close down the current ones from continuing this slander of Sikhi.

You need to check your facts. The gurdwara is NO LONGER operating a function hall.

I like how you talk about Gurmat yet post lame threats of violence over the internet (mods have now removed).

Just to let you know. This gurdwara NEVER profited from the use of this function hall. It was hired at cost price as a benefit for the community.

Not that anyone needs to explain anything to you, but I will.

This gurdwara was bought with money from the pockets of the community. NOT Gurdwara money. Gurdwara administered the transaction. This is where the community went wrong and combined gurdwara finances with the community halls. Action has been taken to STOP any "party" functions.

Off the topic... I'm trying to trace a beautiful Shabad by Bhai Harjinder Singh Sri Nagar Wale. It's sung through the words of Guru Gobinds Sons to their beloved mother before sacraficing their lives to sikhi. The shabad was played on Sikh Channel but I can't trace it on you tube.

You need to check your facts. The gurdwara is NO LONGER operating a function hall.

i would not take a dishonest person's word for it You try to justify meat being served in Guru Ka Langar. No one can take this person word.

I like how you talk about Gurmat yet post lame threats of violence over the internet (mods have now removed).

You didn't add that it was provoked by you. Also the mods deleted the part where you provoked the reaction. Did you know being honest is a Gurmat thing to do. So you're not in a position to even say anything about Gurmat. On the other hand i am not hiding anything. No one wants to get into petty arguements here. So take your petty stuff on a different forum where people will love you.

Just to let you know. This gurdwara NEVER profited from the use of this function hall. It was hired at cost price as a benefit for the community.

Not that anyone needs to explain anything to you, but I will.

This gurdwara was bought with money from the pockets of the community. NOT Gurdwara money. Gurdwara administered the transaction. This is where the community went wrong and combined gurdwara finances with the community halls. Action has been taken to STOP any "party" functions.

Your only writing this propaganda here to mislead people to believe this Gurdwara committee have not done anything wrong. You have nothing to back it up with. Putting words in capital letters don't make anything true. As soon as Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj is placed in a building. The building is no longer any communites or person's. It is Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Gurdwara and the committee are just people who help run it.

i would not take a dishonest person's word for it You try to justify meat being served in Guru Ka Langar. No one can take this person word.

You didn't add that it was provoked by you. Also the mods deleted the part where you provoked the reaction. Did you know being honest is a Gurmat thing to do. So you're not in a position to even say anything about Gurmat. On the other hand i am not hiding anything. No one wants to get into petty arguements here. So take your petty stuff on a different forum where people will love you.

Your only writing this propaganda here to mislead people to believe this Gurdwara committee have not done anything wrong. You have nothing to back it up with. Putting words in capital letters don't make anything true. As soon as Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj is placed in a building. The building is no longer any communities or person's. It is Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Gurdwara and the committee are just people who help run it.

Dishonest? What have I said or done to make you think i'm dishonest. I am not justifying meat being served in Guru Ka Langar. I am saying it has never been served as Guru ka langar.

Lets say I did provoke you. Is it still justified to post threats of violence. Not very Sikhi of you. Im also not understanding what you mean by "So take your petty stuff on a different forum where people will love you."

I am not misleading anyone. This is not propaganda. The gurdwara has admitted they did wrong. They have corrected where they went wrong. I CAN back it up. You can come to the gurdwara any time you want. You can read the minutes of their last meeting. You can view their official statement. Just to let you know Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji has never been taken into the community hall.

I put words in capitals as you still don't seem to understand what i'm saying.

• 2 weeks later...
The gurdwara has admitted they did wrong. They have corrected where they went wrong. I CAN back it up. You can come to the gurdwara any time you want

Excellent news Southampton Singh. Excellent.

But when you say 'they've admitted they did wrong.......and we can come to the gurdwara any time you want' does that mean they've admitted all the wrongs they've done and corrected them all.....because the list is quite long.

Is the 'pardah' or curtain seperating men and women in a gurdwara not considered a 'wrong' in Sikhism worth correcting ? I ask because I was at the Nanaksar Gurdwara on Peterborough Road, Southampton only last Sunday and my pooah ji there told me it's one the reasons she feels that the gurdwara we're talking is like being in a Taliban operated mosque in medieval Afghanistan rather than the gender equality Sikhi she knows and practices.

Is the way that the Sikhs of the female gender have to cover their faces completely in front of male relatives in the Gurdwara in question not considered a 'wrong' in Sikhism worth 'correcting' ? I ask because even the Taliban let their women show their eyes.

My brother, you'll be here making a list all week if you were going to fess up to all the 'wrongs' been done in that Gurdwara.

It is a Gurdwara. It is Sikhi. But not as we know it Jim. ;)

• 1 month later...

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Well said. This is not a caste issue, this is a Sikh issue and we have to realise this.

It's now time to step up the game and drag our Sikh leaders by the arm to these Gurdwaras where meat and alcohol are allowed and force them to do something. The sangat need to claim Sikhi back from these manmat anti-Sikh committees who have abused their positions for too long now.

15 Uk Gurdwara committees abuse Sikh principles and Southampton is one of them.

Guru Pyario, Wahiguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Wahiguru ji Ki Fateh,

I have been a member of the forum for a while but have never posted anything before, so I apologise if I offend anyone in any way shape or form.

I live in Cardiff and attend all three Gurudwaras here, I am a member of Gurudwara Nanak Darbar in copper St, Roath, Cardiff. I do not know where the idea has come from that meat is served in this Gurudwara. If anyone has any evidence then i would like to see it. there were a couple of sikh students who attend the Gurudwara now and again who came last week, after diwan when the sangat had gone downstairs for langar, they remained upstairs and were seen taking photos of Maharaj's Sukh assan room and the Darbar room, I dont know what they were trying to find, but good luck to them. we are currently undergoing work at the Gurudwara and moving the darbar sahib to the top floor, any Gursikh is welcome to come and do sewa and see how the Gurudwara Sahib is run for themselves.

Bhul chuk maaf, sarbhat da bhala,

Khalsa Fateh.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

May be the committee members who facilitate this drinking to show that their strength is greater than that of the 10 guru's Jot, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj, should ask themselves the following questions:-

They should ask themselves, how many sikh children, watching 'their' adults, drinking alcohol, in a building, clearer associated to the Gurdwara, will drink alcohol when they grow up? Can they give a number/estimate?

They should ask themselves, how many of these Sikh children will become alcoholics, and then suffer any of the many many many problems associated with alcohol? Can they give a number/estimate?

They should ask themselves, could we be manipulating innocent Sikh Children to eat not only meat in the Gurdware Halls (which is totally wrong), but even worse, could halal meat be brought in by the caterers?

They should ask themselves, when the 'men', have had a drink of alcohol, and they see the mothers, sisters, and daughters of their friends and relatives dance, will any inappropriate thoughts come into the minds of these 'men'? Can the committee members guarantee that the thoughts of the drunk/partly drunk men will not be inappropriate???

Why can't this drinking of alcohol, and chewing of dead animal corpses (sometimes baby animals - lambs), be done on the 99.9999999999......% percentage of this earth where it's allowed? . Why is it so important for 'them', to swallow animal corpses, and drink alcohol, on the very very very small percentage of this earth, where it should not be drank i.e. in the Gurdwara Halls? Why there?? They have the rest of the world to do it in, why in the Gurdware Halls????

Do these commitee members really believe that Guru Ji will bless them, for making these 'men', drink alcohol, in front of their mothers, sisters, and daughters, in a Gurdwara Hall?

Would they even entertain the idea of answering any of the above questions??

We all know that we can furnish these committe members with hundreds of shabads from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj explaining why they should not manipulate these 'men' into drinking alcohol, in the Gurdware Halls? But that's no good at all, because, they'll just ignore all the shabads. And that's the most confusing part... how can they ignore the very same Guru Ji, they claim to worship????

Most of all, they should ask themselves, do we even care? Or respect even ourselves?

It a shame that these poor soles are wasting their lives!

May Vaheguru bless all the Gursikhs, and their families, who are actively trying to stop this beadbi.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

They should ask themselves, are they certain all the meat will not be halal? The halal and non-halal meat chain in this country is seriously messed up. Muslims complain about it all the time... the mix up is both ways!!! Can these committee members guarantee they won't be feeding Sikh children halal meat in the Gurdware Halls?

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

No meat is allowed in the Gurdwara and any buildings that are owned or run by the Gurdwara members in any fashion.