Is It Really Bad To Cut Some Facial Hair

Veer Ji, Waheguru Ji loves all of us, regardless of how idiotic we might act at times. But does that mean we should take advantage of his love? Dishonor the hair given by him? Is that how we return the love?Its like our parents they love us regardless of how stupid we act and in return we try to keep them happy.

For example: You flunk out of school, your parents are going to be really mad and they are going to make you go back to school and try harder but they aren't going to stop loving you. The same goes with Waheguru Ji is going to be disappointed if you called yourself a Sikh but flunked out of Sikhi by doing everything that was against Sikhi (like cutting your hair), then he is going to make you go through lots of rebirths before he makes you human again to retry.

Wouldn't things be so much simpler if we just tried harder the first time to please Him because he loves us? Instead of trying to take advantage of the fact he would love us regardless?

Also, speaking of school. A lot of people have a hard time with school and don't want to go but majority of people are grateful in the end for going to school. So today you might find it hard to keep your hair, be a good sikh but Veer Ji, tomorrow I promise you you'll be grateful.

I agree with what GuptKuri and sukhjeevan singh had said. I am amazed to see such an understanding and love for sikhi you both have at such a young age. I am saying this as I felt this love and teeny tiny wisdom at mid 30's. So you guys already are 15-20years advance than me with GURU's grace (don't want your egos bumped up, so it is Guru's kirpa).

now to the guy who doesnt feel like he should be bothered by taking few hair off here and there.

Even though I might not agree with everything OSHO said, but I liked one example he gives.

He said God's love is like a rain. It falls equally to all. Some of us have our utensils upside up and are able to contain the rain, and some of us, have them down and don't contain at all, and some of us have them leaking here and there (majority falls in this last one) and whatever we contain we keep loosing. So at the end, in 20 years from now, we would not have reached anywhere still.

all you would see yourself in 20 years, that you would still be struggling with same questions you have now. You will have kids, but won't be able to answer them why they should go to Gurudwara, or keep their hair or respect Guru Sahib and all other related questions they would have.

When you learn or understand about something and follow it, you are not only investing in yourself, you are investing in your coming generations, your siblings, your friends, your relatives, your would-be-students and the strangers who stop you and ask you a simple question "why you keep hair?"

You can think it as just few hair, but it doesn't take a whole lot for all the rain contained in your untensil to leak out having only a tiny leak.

Remember they say, if one drop can eventually lead to a sea, one tiny leak can eventually empty out the sea.

let me know if it completely went over your head.

Remember our ancestors, were tortured and killed, and they chose that rather than cutting even a single hair. Just think why would they go through such a thing? Sikhi is so deep its hard to put into words. Just become more conscious of Waheguru, and you will automatically not want to cut any hair, and understand why. I started keeping my hair not long ago, and I didn't just think one day, i want to keep it. Just intuitivly happens as you connect more with God. All the answers are within, search inside your heart for true answers. If you ask externally you will just get subjective answers. Waheguru resides within every living thing.

Gupt kuri and amarjit kuri and everybody else thanx for the help. Sorry for my stupidity i was the wrong for thinking of cutting facial hair. but the reason why i wanted to cut my hair was because of girls... They dont find it attractive at all and you can never get the girl that is beautiful or in your standard with hair. even girls that are sikhs say they dont want a sikh guy with hair and its surprising how non sikh girls are more intreste in sikh guys then sikh girls. so yea that just makes me feel like i will never get with a girl since there are very few sardarnias

vaise I don't understand this thing with finding a kuri, wanting to be with kuri, being attractive to a kuri etc. etc.

why is it that one would change just to get a kuri??

WHY????

Guru is more important or a Kuri??

If Guru agrees with your this thing with Kuri, that you have to have it, he would have a line of kuriyan for you.

But father knows what his kid needs, so thats what he gives the son.

Trust that father.

Dont bring your desires, wishes, crazes for kuri or whatever in between.

The father, The GOD , the Guru knows what you need and would give you when right time comes. Just have a faith.

Gupt kuri and amarjit kuri and everybody else thanx for the help. Sorry for my stupidity i was the wrong for thinking of cutting facial hair. but the reason why i wanted to cut my hair was because of girls... They dont find it attractive at all and you can never get the girl that is beautiful or in your standard with hair. even girls that are sikhs say they dont want a sikh guy with hair and its surprising how non sikh girls are more intreste in sikh guys then sikh girls. so yea that just makes me feel like i will never get with a girl since there are very few sardarnias

Dear little bro, you are humble and polite, there is no stupidity in your query. It is the failing of people like, me older than you, who have done too little to help younger brothers and sisters have the building blocks so they never feel they have to ask these questions.

Some of us are lucky at your age, and we had the foundation and are on top of the world due to the confidence inspired by kes.

As for girls, give them more time and more credit and aim higher by working on being yourself and ironically... not aiming. Once you have the type of confidence inspired by kes, what you thought was an important girl may or may not come running after you, but it won't matter as you will not worry about superficial endeavors...which is why you will have just the right woman come into your life at the right time (which should be years away yet!).

There are many Sikh guys true to themselves and their kes who at some time have to end up having to deal with the unexpected challenge of quality women interested in them where it was not something they were pursuing at all.

Your next few years is a tough stage of life bro and if we can help you inspire you, and keep your confidence up, keep us posted.

ਨਾਨਕ ਸਿਰਖੁਥੇ ਸੈਤਾਨੀ ਏਨਾ ਗਲ ਨ ਭਾਣੀ ॥

Nānak sirkẖuṯe saiṯānī enā gal na bẖāṇī.

O Nanak, the shaven-headed ones are devils. They are not pleased to hear these words.

-ang 150

ਰੋਮ ਰੋਮ ਮਹਿ ਬਸਹਿ ਮੁਰਾਰਿ ॥

Rom rom mėh basėh murār.

and on each and every hair, the Lord abides.

-ang 344

ਰੋਮੇ ਰੋਮਿ ਰੋਮਿ ਰੋਮੇ ਮੈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਰਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਏ ਰਾਮ ॥

Rome rom rom rome mai gurmukẖ rām ḏẖi▫ā▫e rām.

With each and every hair, with each and every hair, as Gurmukh, I meditate on the Lord.

-ang 443

ਤੇਰੇ ਬੰਕੇ ਲੋਇਣ ਦੰਤ ਰੀਸਾਲਾ ॥

Ŧere banke lo▫iṇ ḏanṯ rīsālā.

Your eyes are so beautiful, and Your teeth are delightful.

ਸੋਹਣੇ ਨਕ ਜਿਨ ਲੰਮੜੇ ਵਾਲਾ ॥

Sohṇe nak jin lammṛe vālā.

Your nose is so graceful, and Your hair is so long.

- ang 567