The new filteration system at Golden Temple

hey ya'll...

I gotta a question about the filteration system at the sarovar at Golden Temple. Do they add chemicals to the water (chlorine, etc)? If they don't add chemicals to the water then its not gonna be effective with just filters alone. Filters can take out dirt and stuff from the water but when chemicals are not added to keep the water clean then the filter starts to get hecka filthy and then it won't clean the water either.

Secondly, if they add chemicals then how do the fish survive? THey kept the fish right? IF they DO add chemicals then that's harmful to the fish.

So what are they doin to keep the water clean? Add chemicals or keep the fish, or both?

Anybody know?

thanx

^_^

hey ya'll...

I gotta a question about the filteration system at the sarovar at Golden Temple. Do they add chemicals to the water (chlorine, etc)? If they don't add chemicals to the water then its not gonna be effective with just filters alone. Filters can take out dirt and stuff from the water but when chemicals are not added to keep the water clean then the filter starts to get hecka filthy and then it won't clean the water either.

Secondly, if they add chemicals then how do the fish survive? THey kept the fish right? IF they DO add chemicals then that's harmful to the fish.

So what are they doin to keep the water clean? Add chemicals or keep the fish, or both?

Anybody know?

thanx

^_^

I don't think that they *directly* add chlorine or other types of strong water cleaning chemicals into the sarovar..

fishes are in amrit sarovar by their own choice :wub: if they are in sarovar then it's fine, if they are not then it's also fine.. it's all nature play :cool: but i think fishes can easily survive in Chlorine water.. but i pretty much sure that darbar sahib's sarovar is chemical free.. ^_^

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

the filters are there to take the dirt out from the bottom so it makes it look nice and clean. there are no chemicals added and the filters are cleaned continuously. the purpose was to make the amrit drinkable accordin to science .......

bhul chuuk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Filters alone aren't enough to provide a stable environment to the fish..an occasional water treatment is necessary. 

ahhh ........ so there wasnt a stable environment before the filters? and if not how have the fish survived for so long with out filters? and do u think it is right to polute amrit with chemicals?

and do u think it is right to polute amrit with chemicals?

the amrit can never be polluted. its maharaj da kirpa. beside, the people that put the system in were aware of the chemical system. if there is chemicals in the sarover, so what? maharaj can still preserve the holiness, you guys are acting that maharaj cannot do certain stuff. and that just shows how much pyaar you have for him. dont worry, there is nothing mahraj cannot do. if it is by his will to preserve the amrit sarover (which he will), he will do. let that be a lesson to all you guys.

The biggest filteration process of the sarovar is the bani from the keertania inside harmander sahib.. No matter how big machine we guy put.. we just can't beat the guru jee power of filteration of sarovar :wub:

The biggest filteration process of the sarovar is the bani from the keertania inside harmander sahib.. No matter how big machine we guy put.. we just can't beat the guru jee power of filteration of sarovar :wub:

^_^

i dunno if itz just me....but has anyone ever noticed that the fish actually look like they're saying "WAHEGURU"???

hehe.. maybe they are tongue.gif but i think are breathe like that.. :wub: or maybe they ask for sangats to give them parshad tongue.gif (i used to feed them, though it's not allowed to do it)

Well - let's be little more practical..sure, there can be spiritual filteration...

But - you definitely need the water treatment periodically to keep the fish in good condition..

I don't mean to sound stupid or anything - but the water -when I went to the Darbar Sahib was ohmy.gif

I am unclear as into are you against Chemicals ...what-so-ever...or just the use of chemicals at Darbar Sahib.

Because, I sure hope they mop the pathways with a minimal amount of Chlorine :| :|

i used to feed them, though it's not allowed to do it

really? why is it so, when we went, i remember i did that. prashad is kirpa, (when taken as kinka, small, because thats when it turns into kirpa, large quantities of karah prashad is just karah prashad), but shouldnt one be sharing the prashad with others. if one can with humans. why not the fishes? after all, we are all equal in gods eyes, because his creation is equal.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

There are no chemicals added to the sarovar... its mearly to clean out silt and dirt from the amrit!!!

I believe the fishes will remain, and they will be just fine!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Singhoo and singhneeoo.. The point is that it doesn't matter what color the sarovar is.. What type of filter it has.. whether the sarovar wather is safe or not.. Sarovar is sarovar and it's same the day darbar was built by our guru sahib jee.. i tasted the sarvor jaal about a month ago and believe me it's the same Mitthaas as compare to 10 yrs ago when i was kid..

Science doesn't go along with religion ! and fishes are there by their own marjee, nobody feed them and nobody has responsibility to take care of them and i agree with that.. actually those fishes are blessed souls tongue.gif Let waheguroo jee worry about these stuff.. and we all continue to take anand of the mithaas of jall tongue.gif