July 25th (London) Sikhs & Hindus invited to

sikhi

Guest rsingh

contacted the mayor. they want all the sites, etc advertising please post them and ill passs them on.

the mayor has banned it and has said any one who tries it will be prosecuted. any groups who step inside Leiscter Square and so on will prosecuted.

If you are going be carefull and pass it on.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mehtab
the mayor has banned it and has said any one who tries it will be prosecuted. any groups who step inside Leiscter Square and so on will prosecuted.

u sure he banned it ?

contacted the mayor. they want all the sites, etc advertising please post them and ill passs them on.

Singh are you 100% we need it in writing a letter from Mr Ken, then it will be 100%.

Then if they are any problems we can go stright to Mr Ken.

Guest rsingh

my cuz phoned and she told me that. I just phoned and he goes. that they dont have premission from the mayor and have been warned if they try to conduct any thing theyu will be prosecuted.

the police have also been made aware, as they have no premmision they are likelly to be arrested.

I think they will try it. but what i will say is if groups can go down do but be carefull.

THey want u to look like the one in the wrong and will do any thing t provoke you.

Dont use any kirpans, etc. just go and raise awareness u there.

leegally they cant do nothing

Spoke to a Al-Muhajiroun representive on the telephone number. The Rally is STILL going ahead and will now start at 12pm not 1pm.

We need to keep the pressure up guys. Keep phoning. The ground work needs to be done by individuals.

The following are also helping stop this event from taking place

British Sikh Federation

Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha

Network of Sikh Organisations

Sikh Secretariat/Sikh Federation UK

Sikhs In England

Sikh Missionary Society UK

and Gurmukh Singh of the British Sikh Consultative Forum

Please DO NOT STOP BEING PRO-ACTIVE. Think of any way that you can help prevent the rally.

Guest Jahan

You must pressure your Gurdwaras to make contact with as many Gurdwaras in UK as possible. The Gurdwaras across UK must let their Sangats know that Sikhism will be publicly assaulted and humiliated right in the middle of one of London's most famous landmarks (Trafalgar Square).

I have contacted some friends in Birmingham and sent them the press release. I've asked them to print it off and take it to their Gurdwaras.

I am bothered that yesterday my whole day was wasted. The Singh Sahba Gurdwara in Southall did not take it as seriously as they should. Even they still wondered if it was a hoax, despite the fact i had been to a Mosque in my area the previous night and they knew about this rally.

I am leaving for my Gurdwara in about 45 mins, hopefully they have got from word from Southall on whether or not they have contacted other Gurdwaras and also the UK Muslim council.

It is not the conversions that are a problem it is the publicity of it and any following verbal attack on Sikhs and Sikhism. The initial press release is a blatant attack on the religion, this is not free speech, this is open invitation for conflict.

Plenty of air head Sikhs in UK, we cant allow them to learn about the religion from a non-Sikh. All they will get is a brain washing. We also cannot allow the non-Sikhs to hear public abuse against Sikhism and see Sikhs convert and then trash their former faith infront of everyone. What a joke Sikhism will look like if that happens.

People have to learn to keep their religion to themselves and within their own community. They should also learn respect and to mind their damn business and stop interfering where their fat nose

is not welcomed (This goes for everyone).

Regards,

Guest rsingh

well where contacting BOSS.

please try and turn up. we still need to go. its happened in the past and they did it any way. the may have got arressted afterwards but howw many they gone take 5-10 how many?

Khalsa ji

Now the weekend is here we all must try to email as many organisations as possible with:

1) The press release of the Al Muju's

2) The Mayor's stance

3) The illegal approach of the organisers and the potential troubles that can occur

4) As far as we know 12.00 noon 25th July is what the organisers are telling people

5) The Al Muju's comments are promoting Racial Hatred, Tension, AntiDemocratic, Unethical. Exactly what the media has highlighted with the BBC programme on the BNP. They are exactly the same!

Also we must continue to pressure the Mayor to release a statement. This will become the basis of our action. Organised and Formal is the approach we must take.

GurFateh

Khalsa ji

Can we all contact our local MPs ie Pyara Khabra (Southall), Mike Gapes (Ilford South) and book appointments to meet with them.

Its best to go in a group and work out before hand the issues. Also go with the press release and any other replies you may have received for other organisations like the Mayor's Office.

All MPs have web pages, please email the details to them.

GurFateh