Whats A Naam Ladoo

TejiKaur

And a naam hug is were you hug someone, this is of show of pyaar and prem for a fellow gursikh. Whilst japping naam, naam vibration is felt between the two souls.

Exactly. Those who do naam japp have vibrations that an be transmitted to a true seeker. It is like a magnetic field. But only a true seeker will benefit

from a true source.

Bhai gurdas ji writes

ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਸਚੁ ਖੰਡ ਹੈ ਵਾਸਾ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰੇ ॥:

Saadh Sangat is the abode of Truth, the formless Lord abides there

Vaar 34

ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਭਇਓ ਮੁਕਤਾ ਦਰਸਨੁ ਪੇਖਤ ਭੋਰੀ ॥੨॥੩੭॥੬੦॥

साधसंगति नानकु भइओ मुकता दरसनु पेखत भोरी ॥२॥३७॥६०॥

Sāḏẖsangaṯ Nānak bẖa▫i▫o mukṯā ḏarsan pekẖaṯ bẖorī. ||2||37||60||

In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, Nanak has been liberated, gazing upon the Blessed Vision of their Darshan, even for an instant. ||2||37||60||

ang 1216

Exactly. Those who do naam japp have vibrations that an be transmitted to a true seeker. It is like a magnetic field. But only a true seeker will benefit

from a true source.

Bhai gurdas ji writes

ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਸਚੁ ਖੰਡ ਹੈ ਵਾਸਾ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰੇ ॥:

Saadh Sangat is the abode of Truth, the formless Lord abides there

Vaar 34

ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਭਇਓ ਮੁਕਤਾ ਦਰਸਨੁ ਪੇਖਤ ਭੋਰੀ ॥੨॥੩੭॥੬੦॥

साधसंगति नानकु भइओ मुकता दरसनु पेखत भोरी ॥२॥३७॥६०॥

Sāḏẖsangaṯ Nānak bẖa▫i▫o mukṯā ḏarsan pekẖaṯ bẖorī. ||2||37||60||

In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, Nanak has been liberated, gazing upon the Blessed Vision of their Darshan, even for an instant. ||2||37||60||

ang 1216

Yes, but remember that in Bhai Randhir Singhs time the gursikhs were very high kamayee vaalay. I dont know about nowadays, however, how can you judge who is high and low?, 'Fareeda jae thoo akal latheef, kaalay likh naa laekh, apanarrae girevaan mae, sirr neeva kar dhaek', 'kabeer sabh thae ham burae ham thaj bhalo sabh koe'. Also if you start judging who is high and low, and devoid of naam, then you will not get very far, as when you go to the gurdwara and sit amongst sangat, you are showing equality to all and its meant to clean away your ego, as there is no difference seen between people you sit with.

Also, the bhenjee who started just asked the question, so we have tried to give an answer with the best of our knowledge. So could others please refrain from making any remarks which may be seen as nindya. 'maerae man thaj nindhaa houmaiaar ahankaar'

One has to do kamai himself/herself.

The significance of sadh sangat in sikhi cann't be ignored. Gurbani stresses on that time and again.

ਸਾਧਸੰਗਤਿ ਬਿਨੁ ਤਰਿਓ ਕੋਇ

साधसंगति बिनु तरिओ न कोइ ॥

Sāḏẖsangaṯ bin ṯari▫o na ko▫e.

that without the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, no one swims across.

=============================================================================

ਭਏ ਅਨੰਦ ਮਿਲਿ ਸਾਧੂ ਸੰਗਿ ਅਬ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਨੁ ਕਤ ਹੀ ਜਾਇ ॥੧॥

भए अनंद मिलि साधू संगि अब मेरा मनु कत ही न जाइ ॥१॥

Bẖa▫e anand mil sāḏẖū sang ab merā man kaṯ hī na jā▫e. ||1||

I am in bliss, meeting with the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, and now, my mind does not go wandering. ||1||

I agree with that. One must do as much naam abiyaas and earn as much profit themselves, just as the puratan gursikhs who were not dependand on others. As the greatest sangat is that of the Guru, of Naam. Gur maray sang sadha heay naalay. Also i agree sangat is very important indeed for one to cross this world ocean...

Who or what is 'akjs'?

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Akhand_Kirtani_Jatha

its not just because of the hug. or the touch. though, a touch can transfer naam. just like naam gets collected through saying waheguru with meaning, so does naam get transfered through a touch. shaking somones hand randomly >>without opening the channel<< wont do nething. the channel has to be open.. which channel? the naam channel. there are a few in our body n stuff..

just randomly hugging someone and just saying gru gru or wotever >without meaning<, that aint gona do it either.

naam hugs is the transfer of pyaar, or prem bhagti which is naam neway, from one person to another.

'vadbhaagi vaha vaha muhahu kadhaae'. so this is what gupt ppl do..

joot and seet prasaad can come into this as well :excl: :excl: (mods)

y a hug? ur hirda is there. 10 finger width's down from where u talk from your voice (SAYS gurbani), and where gurbani hits u and u feel it, thas where ur hirda is.

if one person has their hirda open to another, then of corse a transfer can happen. they both increase together. another lil gem technique of sikhi.

naam hugs transfer, rather, copy n paste the kamaee from one person to the other and vica versa. ppl that do this, and propperly, know this. there is no 'loss' in this sense.

in a wider sense, this is y we do sangat.. cuz, from the hirda, the aura is radiated. and then naam 'sloshes' (as i say ) around the sangat and everyone gains. no one looses. everyone gains.

and, this is also y ppl say that one should never hug random ppl 'gul laake' basically hirda laake. y? the reason is as above if u understand this bit above..

gurfateh jeo

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

EDITED!

so cheesed off.. where are all my posts on this thred?? wot was rong wiht my other lil post??

didnt think ther was anything rong.. bhorjan naam. ..?? its gurbani!:wacko:

Fateh everyone

thanks for the replies

i asked a chardi kala singh and he told me it is raam ladoo and it means eggs and jal tori means fish

i was confused thn i finaly found the place i read it it was a blog by a chardikala american singhnee

and she linked me this

http://sikhism.about.com/od/traditions/ss/Ladoo.htm

so thats pretty wicked eh :):)

and the naam hugs

well i do know that even the sight or touch of a Gurmukh can bring u closer to God

but Naam is given only by Gods nadar

so if it is in Gods grace we meet such Gurmukhs and yes I have seen they r so strong that they can make our mind rest and focus on God n i pray for site of those Gurmukhs everyday

but i guess i mean naturaly ppl prolly abuse a gupt concept n made it into a game

fateh g