Dont Allow Baaj Party (Sohi) To Return To Power! Benti From Khalsa Aid

KHALSA AID

Waheguru ji ki ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh,

Usually Khalsa Aid never gets involved with these matters, but the thought that Mr Himmat Singh Sohi's party is trying to come back into power is just an unbearable thought.

Even with small teething problems that any new party has coming into office we believe that the Shere Party (Malhi) has made huge improvements in many areas.

In addition to the increase of Sikhi Parchaar which has seen a big increase in young Sikhs discovering their roots and heritage, they have been very active in the community to support local sports and martial arts clubs to get our kids of the streets.

Furthermore, the Baaj party has openly made clear its affiliations and loyalties which sadly means that social problems in the land all Sikhs call home (Punjab) will never be discussed. Baaj party as shown in their previous reign that they will never educate the Sangat about important Panthic issues such as Human Rights Abuses, Corruption, Rampant Drug Abuse etc.

In the past two years of the Shere Party there has been inspiring Exhibitions, seminars and talks about issues such as these and we fear there will be a clampdown if Baaj party was to return.

Saving millions of the sangats money the Shere party has shown diligence and professionalism, whereas Mr Sohi has just returned from the Courts having sued the Gurughar for approx £500,000.00 in costs. It is sad at a time when poverty is strife in Punjab that Mr Sohi felt it was value for the Gurus money just for him to eligible to be a Pardhaan again.

We appeal to everyone to support the good work of Shere party who we will believe will continue to improve their seva, and keep working for the Sangat rather than foreign agencies.

I have a lot of respect for the work Khalsa Aid do and am in total agreement with this but given that Sher lost by such a small margin, don't you think this is too little too late? With respect, this pledge of support should have gone out weeks ago.

Well done to Baaj party! Not saying sohis an angel, but I'm glad Malhi lost.

Although the current committe did a lot of good stuff, most of it was done by the poeple no longer standing, coz they couldnt stand Malhi anymore, as he was a complete controll freak.

Well done to Baaj party! Not saying sohis an angel, but I'm glad Malhi lost.

Although the current committe did a lot of good stuff, most of it was done by the poeple no longer standing, coz they couldnt stand Malhi anymore, as he was a complete controll freak.

WJKK WJKF

Sohi is an enemy to anyone who wants sikhi to flourish, despite Malhi's bad points, he has done more to help the youth of southall than baaj did all their years in charge. My childern attend the punjabi classes being held in the small hall at Havelock road, and also the Gatka classes at khalsa school.

Every week there are new children, there are probably around 250 children in this class now and you see a shift in attitude in not just the kids but the parents. Ok this might not be all Malhi's doing but he has not stood in anyones way he even gave use of one of his warehouses for gatka before they were able to use the field at Khalsa school.

There have been talks, and exhibitions teaching the sangat about our great Shaheeds througout history including 1984, what more do people want??

When young kids are telling their parents to keep their hair and older teens are keeping their own hair and wearing dastara to school, this is all to the benefit of sikhi for our future and for our kids futures...

Will have to wait and see what Sohi does now, but if he disrupts any of the good work of the young volunteers running the classes then I can see trouble.

Sohi won and is holding a party in wembley where 'allegedly' liquor will be served as well. i believe someone with a camera can capture that and post it on a public site. i have seen this but not captured in Malhi's parties.

i think the third party played a vital role in his win. But it is a shame that only 6000 out of 11000 voters turned up because mny of them knew that they are all fighting for golak and control. many more in the coming years will alienate thenselves just because of these people and the way they want to run gurdwaras.

what is the solution? people should stand up and ask for details on how things have been done and will be done from every president and every member. they should take more active role in managing their own gurdwaras.

No panthic programs at park ave or havlock road from now on.

That clown gurpreet from the new party cost mali the election.

Exactly -they lost it for the Sher party by splitting the vote. That was an example of political naivety in the extreme. Not only did the Sanghat party end up with a negligible result, they now have absolutely no voice for the next 3 years. What they should've done (IMHO) is worked to resolve their differences within the party. I think that and the decision to take Sohi to court, were the main blunders. Lessons learned I guess.

I for one cannot wait for the day when our regional differences are completely banished from the running of the Gurdwara and we learn to show more unity as a single people. I know this makes me sound naive but we are supposed to be a brotherhood.