How To Stop

Big_Tera

How come you never get any Sikh Girls coming forward on this Topic saying,

"hey, we're Sikh and we're proud of it. We're not stupid, we will NEVER leave our Religion, the Religion of the 11 Gurus."

I think it's about time the Sikh Girls came forward and stood up for themselves!!

At the moment, everyone, including Sikh Boys, are saying the Sikh Girls are so weak, they are easy targets!!

Is this True?

Or, can you Sikh Girls deny the above??

If this is going to stop, it will have to be the Sikh Sisters who make this stop. The 11Gurus have put the power in your hands, Sikh Girls. use it. Show us men you can stand on your own feet!!

But, don't forget to marry a Sikh man, what ever colour or caste he may be. Because as Guru Nanak said, "from woman are born leaders and rulers" Which means that from women, are born Sikhs too!!!!

Your post makes me laugh even more KDS1980 in that you're providing a whole list of your what some sikh females have done as if they're semi-slaves and have sneaked off and done something naughty when nobody was looking and yet you don't bat an eyelid as to what some sikh males have done with non-sikh females. Why not make a list of them too ? Is it because the list would take up at least a couple of pages on this forum ?

My point...which you found hysterical, partly because of your low comprehension skills, was that in my family sikhi is the way sikhi was intended ; complete snd utter equality. None of us men drink and go to pubs....and none of our females do either. If any of us men did drink I would wholheartedly expect my sister and mum to do likewise. I would expect them to follow our bad example.

At the moment I see men and women as equals......and if you ask any non-sikh that shows any interest in sikhism they'll tell you that this is the number one attribute of sikhism.........however, when I'm ready to look at women as a sub-species of human life and ready to keep an eye on them and compile lists as to what their up to, I'll give you a call and perhaps you could send me an application form to join your local branch of the taliban ?

If practical posts makes you laugh then I can't do anything.Men and women are equal not similar.mentally and physically they are very much different.for example one 16 year old guy just goes one time to pub and drink too much what worse can happen to him ,may be anger from parents ,on the other hand one simple 16 year old Girl goes to pub and got drunk too much then we all know what worse can happen to her which she may end up regretting whole her life.As far sikh males are concerned please start a new thread What terrible wrong they are doing with non sikh women because at present I don't have much knowledge about it.

My mom's friends use to tease her that she was as strict with me than they use to be with their daughters. No indulging, no third or fourth chances or any of that malarkey. However I was encouraged to stand on my own two feet & do my fair share.

It's a fine line that needs to be tread between being firm with a male child, without destroying his self esteem and masculinity so he grows up to be a wimp.

Sadly, most of the parents in our community haven't got the hang of this yet.

Maybe more honest feedback from the bibiyan will be helpful on this topic on why they think people will choose to go down the path of converting? What weakens their mind?

I think we all know what the appeal is. It could be one or a combination of all the following:

1. Physical attraction (kaam, etc)

2. The taboo nature of the relationship - It's appealing because it's forbidden

3. Ignorance of one's own background, culture or faith.

4. Loose morals

5. As much as we don't want to hear this, maybe it could just be 'love'? But obviously the base, kaam-driven love that the world is drowning in.

Although to be fair the last one would only count if the lass wasn't ensnared using tactics from the 'How to Hook A Sikh Girl' handbook widely used by Muslims...;)

If any of us men did drink I would wholheartedly expect my sister and mum to do likewise. I would expect them to follow our bad example.

Sorry yaar but that just sounds really dumb .

Sorry yaar but that just sounds really dumb

'Dumb', I can live with Bundha. But if I had the very Islamified talibanesque view of sikh humans of the female form that many if not most sikhs here seem to have, I would feel physically sick, out of shame.

Reading the views expressed here it just makes me so thankfull that I was taught Sikhi by such a wonderful extended family. From day one we were taught that Sikhi is such a beautifull religion, such an enlightended religion, so ahead of it's time that it is the only major religion in the world which gives complete equality between males and females.

It has been said many times that although Sikhi is such a fantastic faith it is wasted on the people it was given to ; the Punjabis. I think the attitude of many of you here highlights the truth in that statement.

I will simply end my contribution to this thread by stating that I just do not recognise the Sikhi whereby females are not on an equal footing with men....a sikhi where sikh females are being judged by the actions of a very few while the totally immoral actions of a large chunk of the males goes un-noticed and without concern simply because they are 'male'.

I recognise it as Islam. I recognise it as Hinduism, Christianity and Judaism. But it certainly isn't the Sikhism that I know.

'Dumb', I can live with Bundha. But if I had the very Islamified talibanesque view of sikh humans of the female form that many if not most sikhs here seem to have, I would feel physically sick, out of shame.

Reading the views expressed here it just makes me so thankfull that I was taught Sikhi by such a wonderful extended family. From day one we were taught that Sikhi is such a beautifull religion, such an enlightended religion, so ahead of it's time that it is the only major religion in the world which gives complete equality between males and females.

It has been said many times that although Sikhi is such a fantastic faith it is wasted on the people it was given to ; the Punjabis. I think the attitude of many of you here highlights the truth in that statement.

I will simply end my contribution to this thread by stating that I just do not recognise the Sikhi whereby females are not on an equal footing with men....a sikhi where sikh females are being judged by the actions of a very few while the totally immoral actions of a large chunk of the males goes un-noticed and without concern simply because they are 'male'.

I recognise it as Islam. I recognise it as Hinduism, Christianity and Judaism. But it certainly isn't the Sikhism that I know.

So how do you feel this issue should be tackled?

We should try and establish whether this is a UK only problem or if the US and Canada is also effected by it?

Canuck and Yankee brothers and sisters. Give us some feedback in this respect?

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Wagheguru Ji Ka Fateh

Why are Sikh girls turning there backs on Sikhi or the Sikh Community:

1. Do we have a 'looree' for girls, when a girl is born, do we give ladoos out, or do we wish them better luck next time. I have actually see one woman actually 'crying' at the birth of another girl for her brother.

2. If you are in parts of the Punjabi, a fourth or fifth daughter is so malnourished that many do not survive there 5th birthdays.

3. Punjabi is a land where many young girls are actually buried 'alive'. Many Singhs all over the globe felt the humiliation of a SIngh whose turban had been knocked off by a police man, but how many felt the pain of slow death by been buried alive by your parents???? This practice is 'ACCEPTED' in India and there are even some who congratulate Punjab for its low population and population controls methods. The Sikh leaders are there are doing absolutely nothing about his practice. A daughter is a burden. The unheard cries of young girls is causing instability in the country.

4. How many Singhs all over the globe feel the pain of abortion of so many girls and is this a 'Sticky' topic??? Apologies I do not know this forum well and only recently joined. I vowed not to return to social networking on the internet but cannot help myself.

5. With the rise in education fees in UK, how many parents will educate there girls, or will they choose to educate the boys.

6. How many SINGHS are there out there who will STAND UP AND REFUSE TO ACCEPT DROWY,PARTY and make sure his family accept the girl, just accept the partner without money?

7. How many Sikh women are facing misery living with abusive in laws, sorry guys but burning daughters in laws who did not bring enough money to the house, was common practice in India, although it is not so evident now, the abuse still continues, who is seen as an economic burden, and on top of that if she has a another girl is seen as additional burden. Another mouth to feed.

Girls nowadays want freedom, they want to have fun, life is hard anyway, working, household chores etc etc... in the end most women share the economic burden of buying a house, buying furniture etc.. and taking care of everyone, but they have to put up with constant crap from everyone. They just don't want it any more. Chrisitans don't bury there daughters alive, they don't have a history and poor record of female abortions, daughter in law abuse etc...

If Sikh girls were educated about Sikhi then they would not turn there backs, Do we educate Sikh girls 'NO'. I am female, obviously, I had many many chances to turn my back on Sikhi I choose not to, because I could not hurt my parents. I choose to educate myself, I learnt Nit Nem myself for three years listening to ' Ram SIngh Khalsa' Damdama CDS. I Everything I have learnt on Sikhi is because I have educated myself, there has been absolutely NO one who has helped me. I see gangs of Sikh men, I never see gangs of Sikh women, other than in the kitchens, even there sometimes, some people are not allowing to do seva, there are many Sikh women locally, but they don't even talk to each other, there are territories, and no one will accept anyone else, in there gang. I have given up, realising in the end, that it is a blessing not to be accepted, our Gurus teach us, in the end there is No one, but our Guru who is our life long companion.

The Istree Sava are the ladies that do Kirtan doing weekdays, they can teach young girls Kirtan, many are desperate to learn, they can teach them 'Sukhmani Sahib'. Making that connection is vital.

In the end, SIKH girls like every one else, just want to be loved and respected for who they are, no matter where they are in the path. If you want to stop SIkh girls moving away from the path, show them with ACTIONS, that REAL SIKHS DO NOT WANT DROWRY, SHOW them that marrying a SIKH guy they will not be abused by in laws, CELEBRATE the birth of SIKH GIRLS. GO OUT AND STOP MURDERING OF SIKH GIRLS, and do not be too surprised when they find they are educated in Islam, in Christianity. They have strict learning centres, the older women who know the stuff teach the younger girls, no one is left in the dark.

In the end, the basic need to fit in and be accepted, have knowledge and be loved is strong, the Muslims know this, Christians know this, what happened to us Sikhs?

Apologises, etc.. just my negative observations, there is much to be loved about Sikhi, and being a Sikh, as a female, I love being a Sikh, I love my Gurus, I love my faith, I love all the ladies who wake up at 4.30am to make langar, I love the girls that do Nam Simran at Amrit Vela, I love the Istree Save ladies for there strong voices, I love listening to shabads, I love the freedom the Gurus gave us. I love the strength Sikhi gives to the soul:-)