Horses Used By The Sikhs

The society setup have said they will be hosting more events to promote Punjabi horses, so hopefully those interested can catch these events when over in Punjab.

Look up Akhal Teke as these are horses of Turkoman origin which have great endurance and may also have shaped our bloodlines.

Very cool, thanks

wait arent the arabian horses , turkman blood line horses muslim ?

No, the punjabi nassal (breed) is completely different now, but the bloodlines originate from the regions stated in this thread.

wait arent the arabian horses , turkman blood line horses muslim ?

Yes they are circumcised, only eat halal grass and neigh towards Mecca....

Mind you, I once saw a very old picture of a Singh who had (apparently) given amrit to his horse and even made it wear a kachera. Strange but true.

Mundasingh, the arabi and turkoman bloodlines come from areas that are now predominantly Muslim but the breeds predate Islam. We cannot deny the influence the breeds had on the development of the Sikh war horses. Our Guru Ji wanted the best horses and had these bloodlines bought to Punjab.

People blow the trumpet of the Marwari as a war horse but even the Rajasthan rajas used imported Arab stead's. There is a statue in Bundi of the old rulers Arab horse. Even the statue at Chittorh is of an Arab horse.

Mind you, I once saw a very old picture of a Singh who had (apparently) given amrit to his horse and even made it wear a kachera. Strange but true.

Get out of it. It was probably just the horse's body covering (not sure about the official term for the fabric that covers their back).

Get out of it. It was probably just the horse's body covering (not sure about the official term for the fabric that covers their back).

No seriously, it's true, I think the guy must have been an odd ball of sorts. I'll try and find it when I have time.

No seriously, it's true, I think the guy must have been an odd ball of sorts. I'll try and find it when I have time.

:o, i thought you were joking at first because of your first comment.

Interesting, when was this? (approximate year)